The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nightmare91
So is oxford the only uni you're applying to? Or are you applying to others as well just to see where you stand? :tongue:

Have you seen his sig?! Talk about picking the hardest unis!!!

Original post by manic_fuzz
Same, i can't be doing with having to arrange living-out, i'd much rather stay in the college the whole time i'm there!

And just English fluently :frown: i didn't take any language, i did spanish til year 9, and am now only Lower Intermediate according to Oxford's placement tests, but i may improve my spanish over the summer :biggrin: although i have been learning french since christmas and am now at Higher Intermediate standard - well, i can quite easily talk to the as-level students and sometimes help correct their work :smile:

Do you study anything else other than German and Spanish? I'd looove to study Russian but i'm so unfocused, i have like resources on learning 15 different languages on my laptop :rolleyes:

No, I used to do Latin, and I started teaching myself French but have so little time... :frown:
Original post by dnumberwang
You'll probably spend a lot of time in the city. Think about what it's like with a campus uni :tongue:

Haha, I like the fact it sounds like I have an offer :tongue: Yeah that's a good point - it's no different to really nice halls I suppose?
Original post by such_a_lady

No, I used to do Latin, and I started teaching myself French but have so little time... :frown:

:biggrin: ah i just bought a huge book on Latin verbs O.o somehow i have a lot of spare time usually...
well, if i get into Oxford i shall DEFINITELY be taking advantage of their Language Centre and their libraries mmmmmm libraries :redface:
Original post by manic_fuzz
:biggrin: ah i just bought a huge book on Latin verbs O.o somehow i have a lot of spare time usually...
well, if i get into Oxford i shall DEFINITELY be taking advantage of their Language Centre and their libraries mmmmmm libraries :redface:

If we get in we can learn Russian together!
If we get in we can learn Russian together!

:wink: it's a deal!
(

Now I have, also some ivy leagues that's nice. So I'm not the only one here. :smile: und außerdem beruht die Ignoranz von Apostrophen rein auf Faulheit :wink:
Now I have, also some ivy leagues that's nice. So I'm not the only one here. :smile: und außerdem beruht die Ignoranz von Apostrophen rein auf Faulheit :wink:

You're going to get reported like me if you write in German :tongue:

Also, it takes less effort to write "your grammar" than "you're grammar". Ach. Even looking at that last one made me cringe.
You're going to get reported like me if you write in German :tongue:

Also, it takes less effort to write "your grammar" than "you're grammar". Ach. Even looking at that last one made me cringe.

Ah right, well auto-correct on the iPad sucks sometimes :wink:

Btw: schlecht gelaunt?
Ah right, well auto-correct on the iPad sucks sometimes :wink:

Btw: schlecht gelaunt?

Show-off :tongue:

me?
Show-off :tongue:

me?

Yea you, seems like it, but i might be mistaken :smile:
Yea you, seems like it, but i might be mistaken :smile:

Why do you have to be on the sodding iPad when I'm trying to msn you? :tongue:

edit- i gave up and signed out. haven't got much patience today :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2831
So is oxford the only uni you're applying to? Or are you applying to others as well just to see where you stand? :tongue:

From my sig:
UCAS:
Oxford University - Philosophy, Politics and Economics
University of Warwick - Philosophy, Politics and Economics
London School of Economics - Government and Economics
University of Edinburgh - Economics and Politics
Durham University - Philosophy, Politics and Economics
US:
Considering Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth, UC Berkeley, Vanderbilt, and Johns Hopkins.

I'll be looking into the US if and only if I don't get an offer from my top 3 UCAS choices though.
Why do you have to be on the sodding iPad when I'm trying to msn you? :tongue:

edit- i gave up and signed out. haven't got much patience today :lol:

That's a shame i just wanted to come online, didn't know you were online
Reply 2833

We have 3 out of 5 UCAS choices in common, we're in the same boat! But yes, I'm definitely a sadist/optimist/fool.
That's a shame i just wanted to come online, didn't know you were online

I only came on to talk to you, like I always do :rolleyes:

Original post by Eldedu
We have 3 out of 5 UCAS choices in common, we're in the same boat! But yes, I'm definitely a sadist/optimist/fool.

Oh! I didn't realise that! Well, your course is probably WAY more competitive than mine...
Original post by Eldedu

What's your name? :redface:

Or for those of you who have yet to reveal theirs...

WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES?
Original post by punctuation
What's your name? :redface:

Or for those of you who have yet to reveal theirs...

WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES?

Aren't we alike, I just went on his profile and asked him :lol:
Aren't we alike, I just went on his profile and asked him :lol:

Did he reply?! :ninja: I hate talking to people without knowing their names! It just feels awkward. Unfortunately I forget these names a few hours later, but never mind that. *cough*
I only came on to talk to you, like I always do :rolleyes:

Tschuldigung, you can still come online if you want...
Original post by punctuation

WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES?

RHYS

Latest

Trending

Trending