The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I only have one prospectus for Brunel and I have no plans for going there.

I prefer to look at the online ones less clutter.:biggrin:
Original post by nightmare91
They do have them everywhere in Oxford :biggrin: I thought they do ship overseas but you have to pay for it? Or am I mistaken

Oh okay good! Just checked the website 10 pounds to ship. :/ I'll just wait then, there's no use to order in advance.

Original post by manic_fuzz
:frown: ooooh, well they should, i'm sure they can afford to ship abroad O.o
i'd assume that they should :smile: if not... go on a rampage until you find one :lol:

Not for free, it seems. :no: UCL ships prospectuses free across the globe, but then again they're a "global university". xD I have 2+ copies of the UCL prospectus... Will probably pick up another (2012 version) when I go as well.
Reply 2882
Order one! :biggrin:

My floor is currently covered with prospectuses... They're very very neglected :rolleyes:

The problem with prospecti is every time you pick one up to look through, you start getting bizarre irrational thoughts in your head that, hey, I think I'd like to study chemistry, or maybe geography, or maths, or even English Lit...

=(
Original post by Beebumble
I only have one prospectus for Brunel and I have no plans for going there.

I prefer to look at the online ones less clutter.:biggrin:

I like books! I just like touching all the pages and looking at my piles of books :tongue: it makes me happy

Original post by punctuation
Oh okay good! Just checked the website 10 pounds to ship. :/ I'll just wait then, there's no use to order in advance.

Not for free, it seems. :no: UCL ships prospectuses free across the globe, but then again they're a "global university". xD I have 2+ copies of the UCL prospectus... Will probably pick up another (2012 version) when I go as well.

£10?! that is a lot to get a prospectus... seems that sticking with the website is a good idea :lol:
:smile: ah i very much like the idea of UCL!
Original post by candide
The problem with prospecti is every time you pick one up to look through, you start getting bizarre irrational thoughts in your head that, hey, I think I'd like to study chemistry, or maybe geography, or maths, or even English Lit...

=(

I KNOW!!! I was bored last week so I flipped through the UCL prospectus... I was like... HMM, what if I did Linguistics?! Or Law?! Never mind that I already almost finished the PS- OOH, PHYSICS LOOKS INTERESTING!

:colondollar:
Original post by candide

=(

I know exactly what you mean, but not in terms of subject, i'm pretty sure on medicine! But i'd love to European Medicine or at least have the opportunity to study languages still, and as i pick up more prospectuses i realise more and more universities have these opportunities, even Imperial which is meant to be just super science based! Ergh, i hate having to make decisions :mad: :redface:

10 pounds??? It's cheaper to ship a package to Korea and they ask for 10 pounds? :tongue: Yea I guess you should wait :tongue:
Reply 2887
I KNOW!!! I was bored last week so I flipped through the UCL prospectus... I was like... HMM, what if I did Linguistics?! Or Law?! Never mind that I already almost finished the PS- OOH, PHYSICS LOOKS INTERESTING!

:colondollar:

Physics ALWAYS looks interesting. Like at open days, they're just showing off their cool experiments and you're like wow, until you realize that this contraption will have been built by a 20-man team of graduate students, each one contributing little more than a screw!
For me, I always feel slightly guilty that I'm not applying for some really obscure language like Yiddish...
Original post by candide
Physics ALWAYS looks interesting. Like at open days, they're just showing off their cool experiments and you're like wow, until you realize that this contraption will have been built by a 20-man team of graduate students, each one contributing little more than a screw!

Indeed... and all the maths! I couldn't handle all the maths, as lovely as the quantum physics aspect seems. *sigh* I could go on about theoretical physics for a while but mention projectile motion or vectors and I will run away screaming. >.> I blame the bad physics teacher I had last year.
I like books! I just like touching all the pages and looking at my piles of books :tongue: it makes me happy

£10?! that is a lot to get a prospectus... seems that sticking with the website is a good idea :lol:
:smile: ah i very much like the idea of UCL!

Just realised I'm in the Oxford applicants and not the general ucas one!:colondollar:

*slumps away quietly*
Original post by candide

The only contraption fitting that description would be a pile of 20 screws :tongue:
Original post by such_a_lady
For me, I always feel slightly guilty that I'm not applying for some really obscure language like Yiddish...

Ah but would a degree in Yiddish be particularly useful? O.o

Just realised I'm in the Oxford applicants and not the general ucas one!:colondollar:

*slumps away quietly*

Awww, don't worry, noone here bites :wink:

And ooh physics, yeah, physics scares me, it was my best science at GCSE but at GCSE it was SO DULL, and at A-level, just plain scary :O

*slumps away quietly*

Awww. Stay! Come back...
I keep forgetting what prospectuses I've ordered... I'll probably end up being sent 5 St Andrews prospectuses and no others
Reply 2895
I know exactly what you mean, but not in terms of subject, i'm pretty sure on medicine! But i'd love to European Medicine or at least have the opportunity to study languages still, and as i pick up more prospectuses i realise more and more universities have these opportunities, even Imperial which is meant to be just super science based! Ergh, i hate having to make decisions :mad: :redface:

I think in Scotland, at least, you do one year of medicine working in a clinical setting abroad.

Original post by such_a_lady

Is Yiddish not descended from German? With a bit of work, I bet you could speak it passably...

Original post by LtCommanderData
The only contraption fitting that description would be a pile of 20 screws :tongue:

Oh ha ha! My point being: at Glasgow open day I spent ages talking to this guy about his work at the LHC; doesn't seem so impressive when you realized there's 9999 other guys there chipping in too! I imagine they long for the days when the likes of Michael Faraday could make paradigm altering discoveries in his garden shed.

Indeed... and all the maths! I couldn't handle all the maths, as lovely as the quantum physics aspect seems. *sigh* I could go on about theoretical physics for a while but mention projectile motion or vectors and I will run away screaming. >.> I blame the bad physics teacher I had last year.

Everyone 'likes' quantum physics, cosmology, relativity etc. They're the staple of popular science. Yet none of us really understand them in the same sense we understand, say, the Neo-darwinian synthesis, or plate-tectonics. So I can evaluate Evolution by Natural Selection's veracity on my own but when it comes to the vagaries of Quantum Physics, I can only spit out what some figure in authority - Feynman, Deutsch, Green, whoever - has told me. No one can understand it without learning the maths, and without learning the maths, we can't make an informed evaluation of it - without learning the maths, neither I nor you can really say we 'like' theoretical physics because hell it may seem cool but we still have no idea what it really is!!! =L

Awww, don't worry, noone here bites :wink:

Awww. Stay! Come back...

Aww, bless thankyou.:biggrin:

I could be a pretend Oxford candidate.:smartass:

Wait, you're not applying to Oxford? D: why not? I've seen you around the UCAS thread loads of times.
Original post by candide
I think in Scotland, at least, you do one year of medicine working in a clinical setting abroad.

Oooh that sounds good, but i don't think i'd want to have to travel all the way up to Scotland :| it's like the opposite side of the UK :frown:

This is going to be an extreme ninja mission! Operation Oxford :wink:
This is going to be an extreme ninja mission! Operation Oxford :wink:

Hooray! At least two Cantabrigians have been converted into Oxonians... must recruit more!

Latest