The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by punctuation
Hooray! At least two Cantabrigians have been converted into Oxonians... must recruit more!

:wink: Are you sure? More Oxonians = more competition... :tongue:
Wait, you're not applying to Oxford? D: why not? I've seen you around the UCAS thread loads of times.

I'd love to apply for Oxford but back in school I managed to fail nearly every exam going!

Whilst I like to tell people failing with flying colours took some degree of talent. I somehow don't think Oxford would see it that way.:frown:
Original post by manic_fuzz
:wink: Are you sure? More Oxonians = more competition... :tongue:

As long as they're staying away from psychology, I don't mind! :tongue: Actually I just don't mind, as long as they're nice people.

Original post by Beebumble
I'd love to apply for Oxford but back in school I managed to fail nearly every exam going!

Whilst I like to tell people failing with flying colours took some degree of talent. I somehow don't think Oxford would see it that way.:frown:

Oh dear. Does that mean you're not in school anymore, since you said "back in school"? What unis are you applying for instead?
As long as they're staying away from psychology, I don't mind! :tongue: Actually I just don't mind, as long as they're nice people.

I used to have my heart set on studying psychology at Oxford back when i was like 14 :biggrin:
And i agree, nice lovely funny people are always welcome :smile:
Just ordered my Oxford prospectus :biggrin: I'm so behind.
I used to have my heart set on studying psychology at Oxford back when i was like 14 :biggrin:
And i agree, nice lovely funny people are always welcome :smile:

Well, medicine is close enough. :wink:

Yes, I'm a barrel of laughs (or whatever the expression is). :rofl:

Original post by LonelySoul193

Hurrah!

I must admit I am stoked for our very hypothetical future D&D game. :ninja: I've been thinking about it, yes...
(edited 12 years ago)

Oh dear. Does that mean you're not in school anymore, since you said "back in school"? What unis are you applying for instead?

Left school a couple of years ago went to college, went down the vocational route, now I'm starting a new course.

I still haven't made up my mind on my top 5 but at the moment my favorites are: Essex, Rohampton and Royal Holloway.
Left school a couple of years ago went to college, went down the vocational route, now I'm starting a new course.

I still haven't made up my mind on my top 5 but at the moment my favorites are: Essex, Rohampton and Royal Holloway.

Oh I see. :yes: I'm not that familiar with the education system in England, but I think I know what you mean. :colondollar:

Cool! I don't know Rohampton, but I'm probably applying to the other two of your choices! RHUL is very pretty. :smile:
Well, medicine is close enough. :wink:

Yes, I'm a barrel of laughs (or whatever the expression is). :rofl:

:biggrin: Most definitely, and well, you're definitely a barrel of something! Maybe a barrel of crazy work induced nonsensical teenage ramblings? :wink:

My friend's going to visit Royal Holloway later this year, it looks so huuuge and pretty! :tongue:
Original post by LonelySoul193

quite a bit! :lol: what subject do you plan on applying for? :smile:
:biggrin: Most definitely, and well, you're definitely a barrel of something! Maybe a barrel of crazy work induced nonsensical teenage ramblings? :wink:

My friend's going to visit Royal Holloway later this year, it looks so huuuge and pretty! :tongue:

Haha yeah. Seriously after a very intellectually stimulating (only word that fits in my head) with a guy I met at a volunteer experience, I decided...

WHEN I GROW UP...

I want to be a nerd.

Seriously though, it's so much more exciting and interesting than being a hipster (the other side of me). So yeah. That will be me in uni. :biggrin:

Anyway, yes! It is! Ahhh! Someone on TSR compared it to Hogwarts, and it is very majestic. I will say that their libraries are reeeaaaaallly cool/pretty. Maybe not as historic as Oxford's, but still very wonderful. Did you know a scene in Inception was filmed in the Founder's Library there? Well now you know.

See I'm full of these wonderful tidbits. I don't even know where I learned that. xD
Oh I see. :yes: I'm not that familiar with the education system in England, but I think I know what you mean. :colondollar:

Cool! I don't know Rohampton, but I'm probably applying to the other two of your choices! RHUL is very pretty. :smile:

Roehampton is my local uni. It's not the best university in the world but it is nowhere near the worst and I havn't seen anyone slag it off not even on TSR which must count for something.

I must admit I've fallen a little bit in love with RHUL it looks very nice and I like their English modules.
I must admit I've fallen a little bit in love with RHUL it looks very nice and I like their English modules.

It does look very nice! :biggrin:

Some girl who applied for psychology last year gave me a superb, long answer on how the interviews were like for psychology last year. If anyone's interested in reading, click my profile, it's in the visitor messages. :smile: I'm so indebted to her, I'm really very happy <3
Haha yeah. Seriously after a very intellectually stimulating (only word that fits in my head) with a guy I met at a volunteer experience, I decided...

WHEN I GROW UP...

I want to be a nerd.

Seriously though, it's so much more exciting and interesting than being a hipster (the other side of me). So yeah. That will be me in uni. :biggrin:

Anyway, yes! It is! Ahhh! Someone on TSR compared it to Hogwarts, and it is very majestic. I will say that their libraries are reeeaaaaallly cool/pretty. Maybe not as historic as Oxford's, but still very wonderful. Did you know a scene in Inception was filmed in the Founder's Library there? Well now you know.

See I'm full of these wonderful tidbits. I don't even know where I learned that. xD

oooh well that's an odd life ambition :tongue: i could never be a true 'nerd', i too often go out and don't do my work :rolleyes: and lack a LOT of common sense! my friends often call me the most stupid clever person they know :colondollar:

Ahh i've not looked into it that much, and i haven't seen Inception! D:

Aahah yes, i can veery much imagine you to be the kind of person who comes out with completely useless but somewhat intriguing bits of information :wink:
Reply 2914

not to be annoying or anything, but I believe that's what she said. :colone:
x

And Hipster?! Oh my :lol: do you have triangles all over you and a pet unicorn?!?!?! :biggrin: i kinda more went through the 'scene-kid' stage instead :wink:
Original post by Eldedu
not to be annoying or anything, but I believe that's what she said. :colone:

:lol: :lol: :lol: okay, huuuuge i understand :wink: but pretty? did you like... put a rainbow sock on it or something? :rolleyes:
oooh well that's an odd life ambition :tongue: i could never be a true 'nerd', i too often go out and don't do my work :rolleyes: and lack a LOT of common sense! my friends often call me the most stupid clever person they know :colondollar:

Ahh i've not looked into it that much, and i haven't seen Inception! D:

Aahah yes, i can veery much imagine you to be the kind of person who comes out with completely useless but somewhat intriguing bits of information :wink:

Haha, well it's so fun! It was truly odd though, after talking about our nerdy achievements we went into a brief argument over quarks (I hope he isn't reading this thread! :ninja:), and then I showed him an app I had of a 3D brain, we were talking about Freud and Jung and stuff... then it came to light that we had both memorized "to be or not to be" from Hamlet (the whole soliloquy), so we started reciting it... then we went to the library. :lol: Anyway, it was really fun and I realized that it was much more fun talking about academic things than dressing fashionably. ;P

Yes... Indeed. Today I told my mother something about the naming of streets or something... anyway it was odd. xD

And yes, I am a hipster of sorts. More like the conscious hipster. My friend and I used to have mock 'hipster fridays/other days of the week'. I think we had 4 or 5 over the last school year. Anyway it eventually turned into we both kind of embraced our hipster sides, la-dee-da. XD I dunno, I prefer non-mainstream music and films, and I like hipster fashion so... :dontknow:

:colonhash:
Reply 2918
:lol: :lol: :lol: okay, huuuuge i understand :wink: but pretty? did you like... put a rainbow sock on it or something? :rolleyes:

:biggrin: only on special occasions

I have to admit it was the abuse of us in huge which led me to the "thats what she said" moment.
I'm staring at the accom on the TSR ads... it's so pretty... http://www.mansionstudent.co.uk/

They look... so happy...

:cry:

:tongue: Just kidding, but the flats do look quite nice. >.>

Latest

Trending

Trending