The Student Room Group

London South Bank Uni for nursing?

Hi,

I've heard some horror stories about LSBU but was wondering if anyone else had good thoughts about it? I have an offer at City, an interview at Kingston. Was unsuccessful after interview at King's.

LSBU is closest to me in terms of placements, and that matters to me. Has anyone gone there or heard much about it?

Thanks

Seaneen

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,

I've just got an unconditional offer from LSBU.... they seem really good, the lecturers and staff at the interview were really informative and the place seems really nice! I'm going to be doing Childrens' nursing!

Lucii
Reply 2
Original post by lucii
Hey,

I've just got an unconditional offer from LSBU.... they seem really good, the lecturers and staff at the interview were really informative and the place seems really nice! I'm going to be doing Childrens' nursing!

Lucii

Hey can i ask what sort of questions did they ask..?? Am going to be having an interview there for child nursing next week.. thanks much appreciated xx
Reply 3
Hey guys,

I've been given an unconditional offer from LSBU for Learning Disabilities Nursing. However, I've been offered a sponsored place at Greenwich and am going for that.

I know you may hear some horror stories about LSBU but they're nursing and health courses are fine. I wouldn't recommend getting a purely academic degree from them (say English etc) but they're good for vocational degrees such as nursing. My only criticism from when I went to interview was they were a bit unorganised.

Besides that, no matter what uni you go to you'll end up with the same degree and on the NMC register but it does matter whether or not you can get to your placements for 7am and back after 10pm and if you like the uni.
Great to hear you had a positive LSBU experience. Vocational courses are what we are all about and has been since we began in 1892. Good luck at Greenwich.
Reply 5
Original post by khimmy
Hey can i ask what sort of questions did they ask..?? Am going to be having an interview there for child nursing next week.. thanks much appreciated xx

Hi Khimmy,

They asked why I wanted to be a childrens nurse (as expected!), why not any other health care professional, how you would help a child in hospital feel more comfortable, how I felt I would be able to cope with the theory work/placement balance, why I wanted to go to LSBU, there were 2 tests, English and Maths - they then split us into 2 groups, one group was interviewed and the others failed the English or/and Maths test so 'got sent home'. They were told individually but it was clear who had failed because they were in the room less that 5 mins while the interviews were about 20 minutes long.

Are u applying to start September? My place is for the fast track course starting in march 2012.

Good Luck! Let us know how you get on!

Lucii x
Reply 6
Original post by lucii
Hi Khimmy,

They asked why I wanted to be a childrens nurse (as expected!), why not any other health care professional, how you would help a child in hospital feel more comfortable, how I felt I would be able to cope with the theory work/placement balance, why I wanted to go to LSBU, there were 2 tests, English and Maths - they then split us into 2 groups, one group was interviewed and the others failed the English or/and Maths test so 'got sent home'. They were told individually but it was clear who had failed because they were in the room less that 5 mins while the interviews were about 20 minutes long.

Are u applying to start September? My place is for the fast track course starting in march 2012.

Good Luck! Let us know how you get on!

Lucii x

Hey lucii,

Thank you so much for your reply, its a big heads up and am applying for the September intake :smile: I will let you know how it went xxx
Reply 7
Hey Khimmy,

I have just been offered a place to study Children's Nursing and what Lucii said about the interview is exactly the sort of things that they asked me. They also had some 'situation' questions which assuming you did the Mendas situations test, you'll know what to expect. They also referred a lot to religion and people with cultural differences and how you would feel about working with different people.

Good luck in your interview and I hope you get and offer for the September intake :smile:

Kirsty x
Reply 8
Original post by kirsty2442
Hey Khimmy,

I have just been offered a place to study Children's Nursing and what Lucii said about the interview is exactly the sort of things that they asked me. They also had some 'situation' questions which assuming you did the Mendas situations test, you'll know what to expect. They also referred a lot to religion and people with cultural differences and how you would feel about working with different people.

Good luck in your interview and I hope you get and offer for the September intake :smile:

Kirsty x

Hey Kirsty,

Thats fab! well done :smile: What a coincidence I just literally finished the Mendas situation test too. I'am kinda scared, there was a question about religion how a baby just died and I found a colleague nurse performing rituals on the baby, well it kinda threw me off a bit. I mean I respect every religion but mostly while I was doing the test I was thinking how the parents are unaware and therefore didn't give consent. hmmm..

Aww thanks, I take it your also in for the September intake then? :biggrin:

Khimmy Xx
Reply 9
Original post by khimmy
Hey Kirsty,

Thats fab! well done :smile: What a coincidence I just literally finished the Mendas situation test too. I'am kinda scared, there was a question about religion how a baby just died and I found a colleague nurse performing rituals on the baby, well it kinda threw me off a bit. I mean I respect every religion but mostly while I was doing the test I was thinking how the parents are unaware and therefore didn't give consent. hmmm..

Aww thanks, I take it your also in for the September intake then? :biggrin:

Khimmy Xx

Hey!

Yeah I had that question too and I had to proper think about it hard. Yeah i'm going for the September intake :smile:

Good luck for tomorrow xx
Reply 10
Awww thanks but unfortunately I was unsuccessful.. :frown: xx
Reply 11
Original post by khimmy
Awww thanks but unfortunately I was unsuccessful.. :frown: xx

awwh im sorry to hear that. was it the interview or the english and maths test? x
Reply 12
Hiya,
What percentage do you have to get in the Maths test to pass? Also, do you have any tips for the interviews? xx
Reply 13
Original post by brain_opera
Hi,

I've heard some horror stories about LSBU but was wondering if anyone else had good thoughts about it? I have an offer at City, an interview at Kingston. Was unsuccessful after interview at King's.

LSBU is closest to me in terms of placements, and that matters to me. Has anyone gone there or heard much about it?

Thanks

Seaneen

hey

could you please tell em about ur city interview i have mine coming up soon. i havent heard back from kingston uni at all so havent had an interview yet, but could u tell me if u had ur kingston interview yet and how did it go?

i will be commuting from southampton to london do u think its worth it or not?
do u think city is better or kingston and why?

please reply soon- only have 1 offer so far

x

mariam
Original post by AmyAnna
Hiya,
What percentage do you have to get in the Maths test to pass? Also, do you have any tips for the interviews? xx

You Have to get 7/10

I emailed them the other day asking :biggrin:
Reply 15
how can i take this menga text
Reply 16
i was ask to take the short but i only know after some days, what do i now do
Reply 17
Hi everyone. Was it hard to get into lsbu? What experience did you all have xx
Reply 18
For children's nursing?
Reply 19
Does anyone have any tips and tricks for the Nursing Situational Test?
I've just registered and waiting for a reply
Any help would be appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending