The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

university of bradford?

Scroll to see replies

im thinking of applying for pharmacy, bradford seems a nice uni, and plus the J B Priestley Library, how cool is that?

the accommodation from what ive seen on the website is really attractive
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by greenlantern
I have put it as firm aswell. btw which a-levels did u do? I also remember them saying they prefer chemistry to be a B grade, when choosing between applicants who don't get 3B's.

im doing chem,bio,maths im quite positive about the maths and chemistry exams but as for the bio exams :frown: i think ill be lucky to get a C. yep they sed that they do prefer a B in chem
which a levels did you do?
Original post by Ilovemybaby
I live near there. :smile:
Bradford is mostly filled with asians I've drove past a couple of times :biggrin:

is there anything wrong with asains i knw some of them really annoy me but most of my mates are asains and they are cool
r u applying for pharmacy aswell
Original post by hahaff
is there anything wrong with asains i knw some of them really annoy me but most of my mates are asains and they are cool
r u applying for pharmacy aswell

Nope I'm one myself :biggrin:
No I'm not doing pharmacy nor am I applying there, just wanted to but in this thread!:biggrin:

I do know a friend whos going there to study pharmacy. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Nope I'm one myself :biggrin:
No I'm not doing pharmacy nor am I applying there, just wanted to but in this thread!:biggrin:

I do know a friend whos going there to study pharmacy. :smile:

ok its just cos alot of people have bad things to say about asains.btw im one myself.:smile: yep i live near bradford too so i knw exactly what its like
Reply 45
No offence but Bradford isn't even a Russel group university. Its ranking is like 55+
Original post by OLawyer
No offence but Bradford isn't even a Russel group university. Its ranking is like 55+

i knw but bradford is quite good for the course i applied for so its k for me
Reply 47
Who reckons optometry will be in clearing again this year at Bradford? & anyone know how lenient they are with Optometry if you have insured bradford and obviously not got into your firm uni?
Original post by Rosi M
Who reckons optometry will be in clearing again this year at Bradford? & anyone know how lenient they are with Optometry if you have insured bradford and obviously not got into your firm uni?

one of my mates got in last year with ABC but it was his firm choice but im not sure about this year it mite be different
hoping bradford are that lenient with pharmacy this year
Original post by hahaff
ok its just cos alot of people have bad things to say about asains.btw im one myself.:smile: yep i live near bradford too so i knw exactly what its like

Yes I've been bradford alot of times. It's good for pharmacy, what do you need?
Yes I've been bradford alot of times. It's good for pharmacy, what do you need?

BBB in bio,chem,maths but my bio exams didnt go well at all and will be lucky even if i get a C :frown: but theres nothing that can be done now

what about u r u studying A levels or GCSEs
Original post by hahaff
BBB in bio,chem,maths but my bio exams didnt go well at all and will be lucky even if i get a C :frown: but theres nothing that can be done now

what about u r u studying A levels or GCSEs

I've done my A-levels. Oh I hated biology at A2 aswell :frown:
I'm hopefully going to go Manchester to study Medicine. :smile:

when i did biology i feel like as if i wasted my time
it was k at AS but my view changed completely about bio at A2
anyway we have probably done better than expected
good luck with your results
Original post by dadtaz786

Original post by dadtaz786
Hi..im from Bradford and it really is a nice town. Great clubs such as Tokyo's, Coco's....and bars such as lloyds. All of these are in the town centre which is near the uni which is near the student accomodation. I personally aint applying to Bradford because it is small when compared to the likes of Leeds and Sheffield...however the train station is a little walk away and leeds is just round the corner from Bradford....or cud always get a taxii....It is a multicultural town...people from all backgrounds and there is always something to do; whether it be a night out in the town, cinema, bowling, shisha....lool
There are various indian resteraunts and alot of cheap takeaways around bradford.

Good place to be if u want to have fun, especially as leeds is also 20 minute train ride from Bradford...

Hope this helps.!!

btw where u comin frm??

hey, i'm thinking of applying for optometry at bradford. i just wanted to get first hand info from someone who actually goes there? i've heard bradford is a run down area with a high crime rate and alot of drug dealers and stuff? majority being pakistani? (i'm pakistani also however i like multicultural diversity) just wanted to ask how you are finding it and if you recommend me considering studying optometry there? thank you... :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by hahaff
one of my mates got in last year with ABC but it was his firm choice but im not sure about this year it mite be different
hoping bradford are that lenient with pharmacy this year

Yeah i've heard of people getting in BBB and even BBC but it's their firm choice. I don't think they would be THAT lenient with insurance. I hope it's in clearing :s-smilie:
Reply 55

Did you sit the F215 OCR A2 biology paper by any chance? :frown:
Reply 56
I live near there. :smile:
Bradford is mostly filled with asians I've drove past a couple of times :biggrin:

This. Get in your car and don't stop till you hit Leeds. I lived there 14 years and the town is literally a hole. Seriously, there is a gaping hole in the middle of the town.

The uni might be good but I couldn't recommend it unless you're asian, in which case it might be acceptable.
Original post by James A
im thinking of applying for pharmacy, bradford seems a nice uni, and plus the J B Priestley Library, how cool is that?

the accommodation from what ive seen on the website is really attractive

with AAAc prediction, just try to clear the three words in the OP's title from your brain, please
Original post by Rosi M
Yeah i've heard of people getting in BBB and even BBC but it's their firm choice. I don't think they would be THAT lenient with insurance. I hope it's in clearing :s-smilie:

i think bradford was in clearing for optometry and pharmacy last year
r u worried because of the bio exam i know it was :mad: exam
hopefully grade boundaries will be low though
LOL Bradford. :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending