The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jabbo12
And his father.

Derp.
Can we only find out our coursework marks on results day and not before?
Reply 3182
of course not man how are you going to find out before
Original post by mobius323

The article says the mother had one mutation and had some excess strength. It also said the boy "was the first to lack any myostatin at all. You can assume from this that the boy was different to his mother.

So then the baby must be recessive for both then. Which was what I wrote.
Original post by jam277
So then the baby must be recessive for both then. Which was what I wrote.

But the report said the mother was recessive for one. It said nothing about the father. I'm saying that if the father had Mm as the mother did, surely they'd mention him. But they didn't.

My answer to this question was based on information that was given, not on information I wasn't given. I said a mutation could have occurred in the boy, perhaps giving rise to a stop codon, which would affect the functionality of any myostatin produced. Nothing to do with the father. Nothing to do with the mother.

But the report said the mother was recessive for one. It said nothing about the father. I'm saying that if the father had Mm as the mother did, surely they'd mention him. But they didn't.

My answer to this question was based on information that was given, not on information I wasn't given. I said a mutation could have occurred in the boy, perhaps giving rise to a stop codon, which would affect the functionality of any myostatin produced. Nothing to do with the father. Nothing to do with the mother.

Since it was a suggest question, maybe there could be two answers.
Reply 3186
Original post by jam277
Since it was a suggest question, maybe there could be two answers.

Yea exactly....there wz an argument about this qn earlier on this thread itself...y don't v jst forget about it?....v hav worked a lot and INSHAALLAH no one's hard work will get wasted....happy holidays!
Reply 3187
Hope we all get the grades and dnt frgt to tell us your grades on results day.

All the best everyone :smile:

Original post by M Kh
Yea exactly....there wz an argument about this qn earlier on this thread itself...y don't v jst forget about it?....v hav worked a lot and INSHAALLAH no one's hard work will get wasted....happy holidays!

Yeah. I can't believe it's over, but yeah, good luck to you too!!
Reply 3189
Thnx dear.....enjoy!!!
Reply 3190
Ok guys thanx for every one who participated in this tread with out u guys this would have been so boring . when the MS is out i will publish here plz tell me when it is there in the edexcel site !!
Reply 3191
Hi, has anyone got the current green Edexcel A2 Biology textbook by Ann Fullick that they want to sell. I'm looking to buy one at a reasonable price. I'm not too bothered if it is highlighted or has notes in it, as long as it is a good price.
Please PM if you do.

Thank-you I hope all your results go well.
Reply 3192
Original post by NatB28
Hi, has anyone got the current green Edexcel A2 Biology textbook by Ann Fullick that they want to sell. I'm looking to buy one at a reasonable price. I'm not too bothered if it is highlighted or has notes in it, as long as it is a good price.
Please PM if you do.

Thank-you I hope all your results go well.

Hi, i hav jst completed my A-level Bio but i m still waiting for my results to b out....i hav studied from the Edexcel green textbook and i also hav the revision guide....i wud like to sell these books and i don't really care about the price much bcoz i will b glad to b helpful to somebody.....but the prob is of location....how can u get these books from me?.... i liv in kuwait....where do u liv?......let me know if u r interested....c'ya....happy summer!
hated this paper. :frown:
The Paper can be found in

http://www.scribd.com/Raaga92

Hope you all find it helpful :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3195
Mark scheme comes out in 4 days apparently!!!

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/question-papers.aspx

Anyone with a user name and password should post the MS :colone:
Reply 3196
Original post by Meesta
Mark scheme comes out in 4 days apparently!!!

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/question-papers.aspx

Anyone with a user name and password should post the MS :colone:

sure i will
Reply 3197
Original post by dush_2
sure i will

thanks mate!
Reply 3198
Original post by VetApplicant2011
Yeah it would, but they veryyyy sneakily swapped the old agar jellies around in the second diagram so it would grow the opposite way you think.

I dont think they were.. I think your only supposed to put three ticks? Il be happy if they were both motor aha xD

hey, the shoot grew towards the right? right?
Reply 3199
any1 got paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending