The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medbh4805

I went away for 2 days (or two nights and a day) and this thread has grown by about 15 pages :zomg:

Yeah, when I come back from the Oxford summer school (leaving in two weeks!) I think having to read the sheer volume of posts on this thread will kill me.

Then again, seeing as I'm doing CS then I might get access to a computer during the week...
Original post by fluteflute
Yeah, when I come back from the Oxford summer school (leaving in two weeks!) I think having to read the sheer volume of posts on this thread will kill me.

Then again, seeing as I'm doing CS then I might get access to a computer during the week...

tbh I gave up trying to read them after a while and just skipped to the end :colondollar:

I may be out of luck with classics in that respect, I probably won't even get on facebook :frown:
Reply 2942
I would like to do Classics and Oriental Studies <3
Reply 2943
Original post by soutioirsim
6 AS-levels? Do you really need that many?

When I picked my subjects I had no idea what I wanted to do at Uni so I thought I'd do as many as possible :smile:
Original post by Ferdowsi
Awesome :yy: Zubin (Persian) :biggrin:

Good luck with the application etcetera, I need some sleep!

I SAW YOUR USERNAME AND THEN I WAS LIKE OMG IRANIAN!!!

Sorry, got excited. My dad is Iranian. :biggrin:
Original post by pahoeho
When I picked my subjects I had no idea what I wanted to do at Uni so I thought I'd do as many as possible :smile:

I did seven :smug:

stressful times :no:
I did seven :smug:

stressful times :no:

I did four (five if you include General Studies but I don't) and highly doubt I would have been able to cope with more because I can be soo lazy sometimes. How you managed to do seven just blows my mind xD
Original post by manic_fuzz
quite a bit! :lol: what subject do you plan on applying for? :smile:

Hah, I'm so organised! :cool: I'm thinking either PPE or E&M but I'm rather indecisive :colondollar:

Plus, the other universities I'm applying for don't do PPE or similar so my PS will look rather... unfocused if I were to apply for Economics at the other universities. Bah.

Original post by punctuation
Hurrah!

I must admit I am stoked for our very hypothetical future D&amp;D game. :ninja: I've been thinking about it, yes...

Yes :biggrin: How complex is it? I mean, I want to know if I should be reading strategy guides and such.... :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2948
somewhere i have read, that Oxford admission officers are aware of it's specifics, and do not complain, if your PS is not very focused, because they know, that noone else offers ppe or e&m. and of course ps is not as important as interview.
Reply 2949
Original post by kset
somewhere i have read, that Oxford admission officers are aware of it's specifics, and do not complain, if your PS is not very focused, because they know, that noone else offers ppe or e&m. and of course ps is not as important as interview.

I thought other unis offered PPE too...? Not that I'm interested in it :tongue:!
Original post by loz876
I thought other unis offered PPE too...? Not that I'm interested in it :tongue:!

They do - for example, I'm applying to Warwick and another (a backup, currently undecided) - there's a list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy,_Politics_and_Economics#List_of_universities_offering_PPE
Original post by loz876

Yeah but I'm pretty sure 90%+ of those in the UK are situated in England. I'd only really consider studying in England if I got a place at Oxford really... What with the fees and all :frown:
Reply 2952
Original post by loz876

ok, maybe, i didn't mean literally.

I am applying for Oxford E&M and 4 others Economics courses - none of the best unis offer E&M, just Economics, sometimes with Maths, Finance, Stats., etc. I also didn't see any other PPE at the top 5-10 unis, but i do not say, that not a single other uni offers that course.

anyway, that* was what i read somewhere on the Internet.

*that ox regards not focused PSs also suitable.
;

Just for you:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

X

Hey! I'm still alive :wink: I was just wondering if you could tell me which of the other critical thinking books (not the textbook, I know that's great) is the best? I think you ordered four of them or something, didn't you?
Original post by Expendable
Anyone here go to a session at St Hilda's? Also checked out a few other colleges too

Yes! :smile: what did you think?
Original post by such_a_lady
Just for you:

:wavingtheflag: it feels weird to see it written down

I hope I haven't made some horrific grammatical error in that...
I have been having so many French & Spanish Oxbridge prep. sessions at my sixth form in advanced grammar, literature, history etc... but I have a mock interview this week and I'm so scared :frown:
I want to be able to give all of you +rep again! NOOOOOW! :colondollar:

Original post by such_a_lady
Just for you:

Original post by Banoffeepie16
I have been having so many French &amp; Spanish Oxbridge prep. sessions at my sixth form in advanced grammar, literature, history etc... but I have a mock interview this week and I'm so scared :frown:

Oh wow, you're so lucky!

Latest

Trending

Trending