The Student Room Group

Muslim and virginity

Hi,

Basically I was thinking are Muslim boys virgins before marriage? My uncle was around my house the other day from Pakistan. He is 30 years old and not married, now in Pakistan I don't think he has ever had a girl friend so I'm assuming that he is a virgin. Now I was thinking is that common. The Muslim boys/men at uni are they virgins? Do Muslim boys only lose their virginity once married? I was born into a 'Muslim' household but completely disagree with religion of any kind so I am an atheist thus losing my virginity was something I did when I was younger. But I really want to know, do Muslims in Britain today still only lose their virginity once married? Open to girls as well. The whole stigma of being Muslim and you can't lose your virginity before marriage, has that stopped you or do Muslim girls and boys have sex before marriage as well.

Scroll to see replies

Ok in simple terms.
"Good Muslim" = Marry then loose virginity.
"Bad Muslim" = Don't do any of that.
Most probably will be, but there will undoubtedly be some who aren't. Usually they regret it after.
Reply 3
Same thing applies everywhere no matter where you are. Sex is only allowed in a marriage
Reply 4
Original post by blueray
Ok in simple terms.
"Good Muslim" = Marry then loose virginity.
"Bad Muslim" = Don't do any of that.

This basically. Both men and women are supposed to keep chaste until marriage.
Reply 5
Why does it?
another thread about muslims this is like the 100th thread about muslims since the last week
:yawn:
doesnt anyone on tsr have anything better to talk about
Reply 7
im muslim but i dont relly understand why or see the point...
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
another thread about muslims this is like the 100th thread about muslims since the last week
:yawn:
doesnt anyone on tsr have anything better to talk about

I'm not having a digg at Muslims, I am generally interested in finding out. Muslim parents make a big deal about the girl being a virgin at marriage and I was wondering do Muslim men also keep their virginity until marriage.
Original post by eff01
I'm not having a digg at Muslims, I am generally interested in finding out. Muslim parents make a big deal about the girl being a virgin at marriage and I was wondering do Muslim men also keep their virginity until marriage.

i knw what you mean about muslims and why u want to find out
the thing i dont understand about muslims is that sometimes they are so serious about laws and sometimes they are not
like i know someone who is like
oh sex before marriage is a sin
but then he doesnt even go to the mosque because he doesnt even know the prayer

im a muslim btw and this is the thing i just simply dont understand
Reply 10
Original post by eff01
Hi,

Basically I was thinking are Muslim boys virgins before marriage? My uncle was around my house the other day from Pakistan. He is 30 years old and not married, now in Pakistan I don't think he has ever had a girl friend so I'm assuming that he is a virgin. Now I was thinking is that common. The Muslim boys/men at uni are they virgins? Do Muslim boys only lose their virginity once married? I was born into a 'Muslim' household but completely disagree with religion of any kind so I am an atheist thus losing my virginity was something I did when I was younger. But I really want to know, do Muslims in Britain today still only lose their virginity once married? Open to girls as well. The whole stigma of being Muslim and you can't lose your virginity before marriage, has that stopped you or do Muslim girls and boys have sex before marriage as well.

Well I am, but depends on the Muslims themselves............
it goes 50/50 to be honest many keep their virginity till their married, but others dont
in the case for muslim girls, there more likely to be virgins

Plus just because its a Muslim countries, doesnt mean they dont get up to stuff, like in my parents countries their are actualy brothels :s-smilie:
Reply 11
Original post by eff01

I think I just assumed unmarried Muslim boys were typically virgins, I mean if virginity is one of the most important virtues for a Muslim girl then the boys aren't really going to get it anywhere else unless they date outside their religion which their parents would probably be completely against if they are a strict family.

Then again you will get a select few from all religions who will have sex before marriage anyway.
Reply 12
sigh....there is a reason you know, OP. Off the top of my head, it helps with the issue of STDs and also helps one to remain faithful after marriage. Now for God's sake, stop the "I don't like muslims thread". You'd think people had better things to do with their time...
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
i knw what you mean about muslims and why u want to find out
the thing i dont understand about muslims is that sometimes they are so serious about laws and sometimes they are not
like i know someone who is like
oh sex before marriage is a sin
but then he doesnt even go to the mosque because he doesnt even know the prayer

im a muslim btw and this is the thing i just simply dont understand

Well if he was born into a Muslim family, I guess that was also majorly down to his parents.
Reply 14
Im sorry but literally all muslim boys i know aren't virgins (i know quite a few aswell).. They're all religious, like believe in the religion and pray etc but most of them lost it at like 13.
Reply 15
in Christianity, Judaism and Islam virginity can only be lost within the sanctity of marriage. Thats it in a nutshell.

its designed to protect your modesty and integrity.
Reply 16
It's a mean, hypocritical world out there, OP...chances are most "Muslims" don't believe in Islam at all and just put on a façade. Same goes for any religion really.
Original post by n33t
Im sorry but literally all muslim boys i know aren't virgins (i know quite a few aswell).. They're all religious, like believe in the religion and pray etc but most of them lost it at like 13.

So they are either hypocrites or liars?
Reply 18
I'm not sure what level of knowledge you have about Islam- about life, about destiny, about death, about life after death, but you do sound quite young and inexperience! As already mentioned, maintaining chastity before marriage is ordained for all people of the books (Jews, Christians and Muslims)!
We muslims belief that life is a test- to transform you and give you values that will mean eternal success. Remaining steadfast is hard, but the reward is great! In time when you will find life falling apart and realise the existence of your lord, let not you sins be a means of regret!
Besides, waiting for the right person, marrying her and being intimate with her, will be more cherishing than for her to be just another one!
I'm a Muslim man and I was until I married aged 22. Most likely your relative will be as well, but it also depends on the social life where he comes from. much like the previous poster that says all Muslims they know are not virgins, the majority of Muslim males I know haven't had relationships before marraige.

To answer your question, yes it is just as important that men do not have sex before marriage just like women. It was the case not long ago, however that people (atheists as well as religious people) married in their late teens. Since this is less common, there is likely, nowadays that there is a slight increase in pre marital relationships. in some cases people marry later because they have already had that experience, while others may 'give in ' as they may feel too young to marry (some may be studying), which is a shame. Whatever the reason, it isn't allowed.
However the majority of Muslims are likely to be virgins before marriage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending