The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

university of bradford?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
hy iv lived in bradford all my life nearly 20yrs now im going to be studying social work at bradford college.bradford is not that bad of a place.i personally have never had problems here i live near uni.im mixed raced so half asian.and i no sum asian can be dickhead but i just learn to ignore them.the only thing is that town is a bit crap at the moment but they are doing it up and thats why it looks like a building site.but it should be all done by end of 2012.and its guna be good with lots of new shops and bars all a big lake in the middle that you can walk through.they doing all this to make bradford look nice.
i no there is crime,drug dealing ect like there is in every city but if you fit in with the ryt crowd then you will love bradford
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by Ilyas
with AAAc prediction, just try to clear the three words in the OP's title from your brain, please

yeah but my gcse's are rubbish so thats why it brings my overall academia down, hence why im keen on applying to midtable unis
(edited 12 years ago)
it's my insurance for Economics :smile:
Original post by James A
yeah but my gcse's are rubbish so thats why it brings my overall academia down, hence why im not keen on applying to midtable unis

what were your gcse's? they can't be that bad
Original post by Rosi M
Did you sit the F215 OCR A2 biology paper by any chance? :frown:

No AQA. :frown:

I heard OCR paper was really hard.
Original post by hahaff
when i did biology i feel like as if i wasted my time
it was k at AS but my view changed completely about bio at A2
anyway we have probably done better than expected
good luck with your results

Good luck to you too. :smile:
Original post by Ilyas
what were your gcse's? they can't be that bad

1A*, 1A, 7B's 2C's and plus i dont have a lot of work experience up my belt, i am getting work experience in pharmacy for the upcoming summer but thats about it, after all unis look for more than just grades etc
Original post by James A
1A*, 1A, 7B's 2C's and plus i dont have a lot of work experience up my belt, i am getting work experience in pharmacy for the upcoming summer but thats about it, after all unis look for more than just grades etc

my GCSE grades were worse than that and i still got offers for pharmacy
but it depends on which unis you apply to
Original post by hahaff
my GCSE grades were worse than that and i still got offers for pharmacy
but it depends on which unis you apply to

nice, but yeah unis are getting more and more competitive which is why i feel i need to get loads of W.E.under my belt
Reply 69
Original post by Ilovemybaby
No AQA. :frown:

I heard OCR paper was really hard.

Ah ok, yeah the paper was PATHETIC. It wasn't a hard hard paper, one that you can't do, it was a ridiculously unfair one. Still not over it.
Original post by hahaff

Original post by hahaff
im doing chem,bio,maths im quite positive about the maths and chemistry exams but as for the bio exams :frown: i think ill be lucky to get a C. yep they sed that they do prefer a B in chem
which a levels did you do?

Sorry for the late reply, just haven't been on student room for a while.
Yes I also did biology, chemistry, maths for a-level. and as-level art & design.

I've done my A-levels. Oh I hated biology at A2 aswell :frown:
I'm hopefully going to go Manchester to study Medicine. :smile:

I originally applied for medicine (got rejected by all :frown: ), pharmacy was my backup.
Had an interview in manchester as I was in MAP, but it didn't go that well.
But good luck to u.
Original post by greenlantern
I originally applied for medicine (got rejected by all :frown: ), pharmacy was my backup.
Had an interview in manchester as I was in MAP, but it didn't go that well.
But good luck to u.

What's MAP?
Oh shame, how about you take a gap year and reapply next year (in that time do alot of work experience) if medicine is something that you're keen on. :smile:

Thank you. Good luck to you too on whatever you do. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Indian_Princess
it's my insurance for Economics :smile:

:coma:
Sorry for the late reply, just haven't been on student room for a while.
Yes I also did biology, chemistry, maths for a-level. and as-level art & design.

i heard that the grade in chemistry has to be a B or above
but im just hoping bradford are lenient on results day
Original post by JonathanDuhamel
:coma:

lol u ok?
Original post by Indian_Princess
lol u ok?

hello beautiful :mmm:
What's MAP?
Oh shame, how about you take a gap year and reapply next year (in that time do alot of work experience) if medicine is something that you're keen on. :smile:

Thank you. Good luck to you too on whatever you do. :smile:

It stands for manchester access programme (google search can probably explain it better). It is like a short course in manchester uni that I did last year that gives u a guaranteed interview (for medicine,dentristry etc), if u pass the course and meet the minimum requirements for what u apply.

About gap year...I think I will see what I get on results day, and then think about my next step.

Btw which other uni's did u apply to?
It stands for manchester access programme (google search can probably explain it better). It is like a short course in manchester uni that I did last year that gives u a guaranteed interview (for medicine,dentristry etc), if u pass the course and meet the minimum requirements for what u apply.

About gap year...I think I will see what I get on results day, and then think about my next step.

Btw which other uni's did u apply to?

Oh I see. I didn't know about that :frown:

Yes I think that would be best alot of people get accepted after a gap year it's unbelivable how many people do - medicine is really competitive also.
I applied too Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool & Sheffield.

I got offers from all I put Manchester as my firm and Newcastle as my insurance.
Reply 79
I applied for International Relations and Security Studies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending