The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5520
Original post by liviaaa
Okay thanks! I thought it would be hard otherwise - the last essay I did was for my english GCSE! Also just remembered, I guess they have the BMAT for the essay...

No problem :smile: Yeah I know what you mean haha, and yeah that's right :tongue:
Reply 5521
Original post by Nator
No problem :smile: Yeah I know what you mean haha, and yeah that's right :tongue:

:smile: So do you know which uni's you want to apply to? Also how's the UKCAT prep/personal statement coming along?
Reply 5522
Original post by liviaaa
:smile: So do you know which uni's you want to apply to? Also how's the UKCAT prep/personal statement coming along?

Currently thinking Cambridge, Imperial, Kings (provided I have a solid UKCAT score) and another which I dunno yet :smile: Hbu? And done no UKCAT revision today although done a practice test yesterday, and PS currently working on now, doing it paragraph by paragraph :smile: Hbu?
Reply 5523
Original post by Nator
Currently thinking Cambridge, Imperial, Kings (provided I have a solid UKCAT score) and another which I dunno yet :smile: Hbu? And done no UKCAT revision today although done a practice test yesterday, and PS currently working on now, doing it paragraph by paragraph :smile: Hbu?

Cool. :smile:

Maybe Oxbridge, not decided, Cambridge will depend on my UMS. Newcastle and Kinds dependant on the UKCAT, then Nottingham and maybe Leeds. It's so hard to pick, especially as PBL crossed a few potentials off the list.

UKCAT is going okaay.. didn't do any today either but have done quite a bit of the 600 Q book, still have a month ish though. I've done a rough PS but finding the first para so hard to phrase!
Reply 5524
Original post by liviaaa
Cool. :smile:

Maybe Oxbridge, not decided, Cambridge will depend on my UMS. Newcastle and Kinds dependant on the UKCAT, then Nottingham and maybe Leeds. It's so hard to pick, especially as PBL crossed a few potentials off the list.

UKCAT is going okaay.. didn't do any today either but have done quite a bit of the 600 Q book, still have a month ish though. I've done a rough PS but finding the first para so hard to phrase!

Kool :smile: What sort of UMS you looking for to for Oxbridge? And yeah I hear ya, it's hard to make decisions.

Oh right I see and kool, and I have around 2 months so still no biggie :redface: And yeah the first paragraph is the hardest one to do!
Reply 5525
Original post by Nator
Kool :smile: What sort of UMS you looking for to for Oxbridge? And yeah I hear ya, it's hard to make decisions.

Oh right I see and kool, and I have around 2 months so still no biggie :redface: And yeah the first paragraph is the hardest one to do!

For oxford it doesn't matter assuming I get A's, but for Cambridge 90 UMS I think, or at least very close. You?

2 months is agess - so lucky haha!

The problem is I'm wanting to fit in why medicine all in the first para, which is proving quite hard, as I want my second para to go straight into work exp..
Starting UKCAT prep tomorrow.
How is everyone else getting along?
Reply 5527
Original post by Limitless
Starting UKCAT prep tomorrow.
How is everyone else getting along?

I started a few days back, it's going okay. :smile:
Original post by liviaaa
I started a few days back, it's going okay. :smile:

When have you got your test booked in for? Have you decided on universities yet?
Reply 5529
Original post by liviaaa
For oxford it doesn't matter assuming I get A's, but for Cambridge 90 UMS I think, or at least very close. You?

2 months is agess - so lucky haha!

The problem is I'm wanting to fit in why medicine all in the first para, which is proving quite hard, as I want my second para to go straight into work exp..

Oh right fair enough, and is that an average of 90 UMS over the AS subjects? And will apply if UMS are fine :smile:

Haha yeah :biggrin: Why didn't you book it early Sep? :tongue:

I get what you're saying, is it that long or what?
Reply 5530
When have you got your test booked in for? Have you decided on universities yet?

It's about a month away - yours?

Hmm.. not really, it will depend on my UKCAT. High score I'm thinking Kings and Newcastle, maybe Sheffield.. Otherwise Leeds and Nottingham. You?
Reply 5531
Original post by Nator
Oh right fair enough, and is that an average of 90 UMS over the AS subjects? And will apply if UMS are fine :smile:

Haha yeah :biggrin: Why didn't you book it early Sep? :tongue:

I get what you're saying, is it that long or what?

I don't know - do they accept an average, or do you need ideally 90 in all? What's "fine" UMS for you? :tongue:

Because I'll just have got back from holiday, so don't want to spend all the time on holiday revising, lol. Plus I'll finally be able to relax on holiday for the first time all summer! (Well except results day, haha).

No not that long, just hard to structure, not sure how much to write on each point etc. :P
Original post by liviaaa
It's about a month away - yours?

Hmm.. not really, it will depend on my UKCAT. High score I'm thinking Kings and Newcastle, maybe Sheffield.. Otherwise Leeds and Nottingham. You?

Ain't booked it yet, family is on holiday, living home alone and I am skint. My dad comes back in a couple of days so I will ask him for some money because at the moment all the money I have is for food and emergencies like if I accidently burn the house down (which I nearly did).

Same I would add Liverpool to the doing **** in UKCAT list.

Also what is your GCSEs if you don't mind me asking?
People have already started on their PS? *whimpers*

I feel so behind.
Reply 5534
Ain't booked it yet, family is on holiday, living home alone and I am skint. My dad comes back in a couple of days so I will ask him for some money because at the moment all the money I have is for food and emergencies like if I accidently burn the house down (which I nearly did).

Same I would add Liverpool to the doing **** in UKCAT list.

Also what is your GCSEs if you don't mind me asking?

Ah okay, haha.

I don't want Liverpool though, as it's PBL. :/

8 A*, 2 A's - how about you?
Reply 5535
Original post by TattyBoJangles
People have already started on their PS? *whimpers*

I feel so behind.

Don't worry, there's still ages until the deadline. :tongue:
Original post by liviaaa
Ah okay, haha.

I don't want Liverpool though, as it's PBL. :/

8 A*, 2 A's - how about you?

I think I read somewhere that PBL students learn less than traditional learning students whilst at university but then after university the PBL learn more.

I got 1.5 A*, 5 A, 3 B.

Pretty crap compared to other med students. :frown: I'm worried that, my GCSEs will let me down.
Reply 5537
I think I read somewhere that PBL students learn less than traditional learning students whilst at university but then after university the PBL learn more.

I got 1.5 A*, 5 A, 3 B.

Pretty crap compared to other med students. :frown: I'm worried that, my GCSEs will let me down.

Hmm maybe that's true. I think I'd prefer to learn more at uni though - surely that's what it's for, so then afterwards I can focus on applying the knowledge.

It's not bad though, they meet the requirements of pretty much all medical unis.
Original post by liviaaa
Don't worry, there's still ages until the deadline. :tongue:

Oh, I know :P I just feel like I should have started if everyone else has :B

My UKCAT also seems to be rather late compared to other people - 31st August.
That said, in my school, I'm the only 2012 Med applicant to have booked it. Maybe I'm not so behind.

I got 1.5 A*, 5 A, 3 B.

Psssh I'm sure you can make up for those "crap" GCSEs with A-levels etc. :tongue:

I want everyone on here to get in (including me!) so we can all talk about stuff and have "2012 Medic" in our sig.s... I mean so we can start helping people.... :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending