The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liviaaa
Hmm maybe that's true. I think I'd prefer to learn more at uni though - surely that's what it's for, so then afterwards I can focus on applying the knowledge.

It's not bad though, they meet the requirements of pretty much all medical unis.

No but with medicine you are constantly learning as new diesases and treatments are introduced.

Yeah they meet the minimum requirements but most applicants will exceed that. I'm just hoping I've nailed my AS exams (remember the bio and chem revision threads). :biggrin:
Original post by Joseppea
Psssh I'm sure you can make up for those "crap" GCSEs with A-levels etc. :tongue:

I want everyone on here to get in (including me!) so we can all talk about stuff and have "2012 Medic" in our sig.s... I mean so we can start helping people.... :colondollar:

How though I'm pretty sure 99% of applicants will have AAA or higher.
Reply 5542
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Oh, I know :P I just feel like I should have started if everyone else has :B

My UKCAT also seems to be rather late compared to other people - 31st August.
That said, in my school, I'm the only 2012 Med applicant to have booked it. Maybe I'm not so behind.

I'd say the later the better - more practise! :biggrin:
Reply 5543
Original post by Limitless
No but with medicine you are constantly learning as new diesases and treatments are introduced.

Yeah they meet the minimum requirements but most applicants will exceed that. I'm just hoping I've nailed my AS exams (remember the bio and chem revision threads). :biggrin:

Yes but surely that's the same if you come from a PBL uni or not?

Haha yeah me too! :smile:
Original post by liviaaa
Yes but surely that's the same if you come from a PBL uni or not?

Haha yeah me too! :smile:

It is easier to adapt with PBL, I mean when you are faced with a problem then it's not like you get a lecture on it, you have to analyse the problem see the potential risks what could have happened and why. Although the PBL method largely depends on how enthusiastic your group is when I went to do a taster day at Liverpool my team seemed dead.
How though I'm pretty sure 99% of applicants will have AAA or higher.

Well I don't know then :frown: though I don't think that GCSEs are a massive factor if you have a strong application otherwise...
Well I don't know then :frown: though I don't think that GCSEs are a massive factor if you have a strong application otherwise...

I hope so, I have this weird feeling about my results in August. Kind of like mix feelings.
I hope so, I have this weird feeling about my results in August. Kind of like mix feelings.

There's still next year :biggrin: even if you get Bs this year you could try persuade your teachers to predict you As by showing monumental effort on your return in September :biggrin: I'm pretty worried about chemistry and biology D;
There's still next year :biggrin: even if you get Bs this year you could try persuade your teachers to predict you As by showing monumental effort on your return in September :biggrin: I'm pretty worried about chemistry and biology D;

I heard something about grades will be banked or something which I think means that universities will be able to see all your AS grades even the one you drop, it's new and being introduced when we apply.
I'm not sure on this so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
I heard something about grades will be banked or something which I think means that universities will be able to see all your AS grades even the one you drop, it's new and being introduced when we apply.
I'm not sure on this so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

It would be for when we apply T_T... along with the £9,000 tuition fees :mad:

(Though I'm not sure, I heard somewhere that they know all of your grades :eek: )
Does anyone know how Edinburgh feels about retaking AS levels?

I think I did fine in bio, chem and maths.. but politics was a mini disaster.
Reply 5551
Original post by liviaaa
I don't know - do they accept an average, or do you need ideally 90 in all? What's "fine" UMS for you? :tongue:

Because I'll just have got back from holiday, so don't want to spend all the time on holiday revising, lol. Plus I'll finally be able to relax on holiday for the first time all summer! (Well except results day, haha).

No not that long, just hard to structure, not sure how much to write on each point etc. :P

I hope it's an average because I messed up my Maths (read the question wrong on 2 papers :frown: ), and well think I should have got around 275/300 for Maths (hopefully as it would be above 90 UMS :biggrin:), and the rest lets just say I'm quietly confident :smile: Hbu?

Oh fair enough :smile: Haha we all need some relaxation :biggrin: And haha fair deuce :tongue:

I have the same problem too :redface:
Reply 5552
Original post by Nator
I hope it's an average because I messed up my Maths (read the question wrong on 2 papers :frown: ), and well think I should have got around 275/300 for Maths (hopefully as it would be above 90 UMS :biggrin:), and the rest lets just say I'm quietly confident :smile: Hbu?

Oh fair enough :smile: Haha we all need some relaxation :biggrin: And haha fair deuce :tongue:

I have the same problem too :redface:

Same, maths is the one I messed up the most in - it was meant to be my easiest subject haha! Which board did you do? The rest I think went quite well.. but it's easy to slip up I guess.

Haha, yeah. :smile:
Reply 5553
Original post by liviaaa
Same, maths is the one I messed up the most in - it was meant to be my easiest subject haha! Which board did you do? The rest I think went quite well.. but it's easy to slip up I guess.

Haha, yeah. :smile:

Haha same! :laugh: What score roughly you think you got out of 300? OCR for Maths hbu? And yeah I guess so, hopefully will all be fine :smile:
Reply 5554
Lovely , what about my dear UKCAT , I feel I'm going to get a sock in my life because of this exam . Specially I am international student and my mother language isn't English so imagine how toughy is it for me!! ,,god help me
However, I consider myself brainy so yeah it's not impossible. _ just pushing myself up ' ________!
Reply 5555
Original post by Nator
Haha same! :laugh: What score roughly you think you got out of 300? OCR for Maths hbu? And yeah I guess so, hopefully will all be fine :smile:

Oh I'm AQA. I don't know what mark.. I'm hoping C1 90+, C2 just 80+, S1 85+. So that's not as well as I'd originally hoped - but oh well, an A's an A!
Reply 5556
Original post by liviaaa
Oh I'm AQA. I don't know what mark.. I'm hoping C1 90+, C2 just 80+, S1 85+. So that's not as well as I'd originally hoped - but oh well, an A's an A!

Oh I see, did you get any answers posted up post exam by Mr M or anyone? :biggrin: And still good, after seeing answers for C1 and C2 I think I got 66/72 for C1 and 71/72 for C2, and the lowest possible I got on S1 is 62/72. Just hope UMS doesn't go against me and hope it will be enough for 270+/300 :redface: And that's right!
Reply 5557
Original post by Nator
Oh I see, did you get any answers posted up post exam by Mr M or anyone? :biggrin: And still good, after seeing answers for C1 and C2 I think I got 66/72 for C1 and 71/72 for C2, and the lowest possible I got on S1 is 62/72. Just hope UMS doesn't go against me and hope it will be enough for 270+/300 :redface: And that's right!

I vaguely scanned them - didn't want to scare myself too much. :P It's hard to figure out what method marks you'd get to, plus I couldn't remember half my answers from the exam haha!
Reply 5558
Original post by liviaaa
I vaguely scanned them - didn't want to scare myself too much. :P It's hard to figure out what method marks you'd get to, plus I couldn't remember half my answers from the exam haha!

Haha I see and alright :smile: And that's true and lool :laugh:
Reply 5559
Original post by liviaaa
For oxford it doesn't matter assuming I get A's, but for Cambridge 90 UMS I think, or at least very close. You?

2 months is agess - so lucky haha!

The problem is I'm wanting to fit in why medicine all in the first para, which is proving quite hard, as I want my second para to go straight into work exp..

Go on, live a little. Apply.

Latest

Trending

Trending