The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The boyfriend worked at a local and he said it was murder, you are suppose to have it over two days but he got his in a 9 hour shift of non stop paper work.
Original post by JemMills
@Spellstheend: That's probably their way of letting you know that you were unsuccessful. It sucks but they will update it online instantly and then get round to informing you (I think it might be through the post?)

Also, just wondering, as I normally check on here to find out our pay dates, but is there some kind of booklet or document that has all of the pay dates on that staff can access? I just ask because my partner works at tesco and they have a mini booklet with their paydates for the year and I think that it would be ideal if we had the same :smile:

Edit: Someone purchased a lottery ticket from our store recently and won around 3-4 million :O

Well payday is every 4th friday, so July 15th, August 12th, September 9th etc, its not that hard :tongue:
Original post by JemMills
@Spellstheend: That's probably their way of letting you know that you were unsuccessful. It sucks but they will update it online instantly and then get round to informing you (I think it might be through the post?)

Also, just wondering, as I normally check on here to find out our pay dates, but is there some kind of booklet or document that has all of the pay dates on that staff can access? I just ask because my partner works at tesco and they have a mini booklet with their paydates for the year and I think that it would be ideal if we had the same :smile:

Edit: Someone purchased a lottery ticket from our store recently and won around 3-4 million :O

You can view the pay schedule on Connect via Payroll then something like payment schedule for the year. You can just print one off for yourself.
Reply 8903
Can anyone give me a bit of insight or information about the type of tasks you carry out as a Sales Assistant on the TU Clothing department? And do you enjoy it? :smile:
Reply 8904
Finished my 3 month induction last night. I've asked for my contract not to be made permanent as I've found another job.

I didn't miss a day and worked all the extra hours required of me.

My question: Do you accrue holiday during your probationary period? Obviously if I was a permanent staff member, I'd have gathered a few days holiday after 3 months. What's the deal with temporary staff? I'm just wondering whether I might get a bit more money in Friday's pay packet in lieu of holiday days.

Thanks in advance for any insights people can offer.
Original post by byerk2
Finished my 3 month induction last night. I've asked for my contract not to be made permanent as I've found another job.

My question: Do you accrue holiday during your probationary period? Obviously if I was a permanent staff member, I'd have gathered a few days holiday after 3 months. What's the deal with temporary staff? I'm just wondering whether I might get a bit more money in Friday's pay packet in lieu of holiday days.

you should get holiday pay, apparently its like 1 day a month or something
Original post by byerk2

Yeah you should get a few days holiday, I worked temp from october to jan and had like 30 hours holiday. Obviously it depends on the hours you are doing.
Reply 8907
It doesn't matter how your employed by the business, as long as you are employed, you're entitled to holiday pay, providing you work enough hours. When you're a self employed contractor [which I don't imagine any Sainsbury's employees are], that's when it gets difficult
Reply 8908
Original post by Saliency
I saw this 3.5 million they won? was on the itv anglia news... are you in Wellingborough/Northampton?

Yeah I am :smile: I was thinking about starting to do the lottery but then I doubt lightning will strike twice :rolleyes:
Reply 8909
Hello!

I have been at Sainsbury's for nearly 6 years, but have today been offered a Graduate position elsewhere.

The new company want me to start in 2 weeks.

To whom do I need to address my notice of resignation?
Original post by Robbie89
Hello!

I have been at Sainsbury's for nearly 6 years, but have today been offered a Graduate position elsewhere.

The new company want me to start in 2 weeks.

To whom do I need to address my notice of resignation?

i would give one to your manager and one to hr :smile:
Reply 8911
Thanks.
Reply 8912
Ooh eek, got my induction in three days, SO excited :biggrin:
^ don't be.
Original post by WDooley1
Ooh eek, got my induction in three days, SO excited :biggrin:

Good luck! What job did you get?

If your store is anything like mine I definitely recommend making friends with your supervisors straight away, it will make your life so much easier in the long run. Oh and don't try too hard, then they'll know they can take advantage of you. :smile:
Reply 8915
I'm a CTS/Team Leader :smile: Never worked in a supermarket environment before, however I have been a retail supervisor and a bar manager so have fairly extensive leadership experience :biggrin:

Really excited to start, what is the company like in your experience?
The company itself is pretty good to work for. The training is good, pay is good in comparison to a lot of shops near where I live, a lot of feedback is given on performance and the discount card is a pretty good benefit. A lot of it comes down to your colleagues and how much you actually enjoy the work though. If you don't particularly like what you're doing it can be a pretty frustrating place to work.
Reply 8917
Aww, thanks the reply!

Sounds great, I've extensively researched my role throughout the internet, and its a mixture. I'm going to be a CTS so I get to deputise in the absence of my senior managers which is a great opportunity. However I have heard that the accountability is just far too much for the crappy pay.

Anyway, I'll treat this role as an opportunity, and I'll work my ass off like I always do :biggrin:
Original post by Debbie2709
The company itself is pretty good to work for. The training is good, pay is good in comparison to a lot of shops near where I live, a lot of feedback is given on performance and the discount card is a pretty good benefit. A lot of it comes down to your colleagues and how much you actually enjoy the work though. If you don't particularly like what you're doing it can be a pretty frustrating place to work.

training good? i got literally no training wihlst i was there, and i was never trained to use the power trucks but i still got told how to do it. couldve been pretty dangerous if itd gone wrong!

as for discount, 10% isn't a lot considering sainsburys has quite expensive prices to start with and you barely get a bonus >_<
Hm, maybe it depends on your store/ department then? I've got quite a bit of training since I started; induction, checkouts, self-scan, something about customer service and first aid. I didn't get properly trained /signed off on kiosk but I was never put up there by myself until I was fairly confident with it and I'm never put on CID but I have picked up the basics so I can serve people there if I need to.

Latest

Trending

Trending