The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manic_fuzz
Noone needs to know :wink: but that would make a hilarious PS...
"I'm so dedicated to Oxford that i even attempted killing off the competition... i'm not crazy... honest" :lol:

Ha! So true. Maybe if we continously encourage her she will do this :smile: Certainly a new method of showing dedication: forget background reading :biggrin:
Noone needs to know :wink: but that would make a hilarious PS...
"I'm so dedicated to Oxford that i even attempted killing off the competition... i'm not crazy... honest" :lol:

Oh, you guys are mental :lol: Although why would I put that in my PS if I'd also love to go to Durham or St Andrew's? :mmm:
Original post by LonelySoul193
Ha! So true. Maybe if we continously encourage her she will do this :smile: Certainly a new method of showing dedication: forget background reading :biggrin:

I'm glad you agree with me! :biggrin: and yeees, it's definitely original :tongue:

Original post by such_a_lady
Oh, you guys are mental :lol: Although why would I put that in my PS if I'd also love to go to Durham or St Andrew's? :mmm:

:tongue: it looks like you're going to have to push multiple applicants in front of buses then :lol: this will be interesting! xD

EDIT: I used the wrong 'your/you're'! *dies inside* :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
:tongue: it looks like your going to have to push multiple applicants in front of buses then :lol: this will be interesting! xD

I wish you the best of luck, Chiara. :colone:
One Oxford applicant tried to stand out by writing in his Personal Statement "my hobbies are hugging, kissing and making love".

Apparently they actually called him for interview (because the rest of his application was of the required standard) and has a few words with him. He was very embarrassed! They actually gave him an offer though, but he failed to meet the grades.

(True story, direct from an Oxford tutor who dealt with it)
I'm glad you agree with me! :biggrin: and yeees, it's definitely original :tongue:

:tongue: it looks like your going to have to push multiple applicants in front of buses then :lol: this will be interesting! xD

This may well form the most interesting chain of murders ever... We will simply HAVE to come up with a name for such heinous action :biggrin:

Original post by fluteflute
One Oxford applicant tried to stand out by writing in his Personal Statement "my hobbies are hugging, kissing and making love".

Apparently they actually called him for interview (because the rest of his application was of the required standard) and has a few words with him. He was very embarrassed! They actually gave him an offer though, but he failed to meet the grades.

Oh wow. I'd be far to afraid to try anything original with my PS...

Wow that's... extremely awkward

Ahah i like it :lol: although i actually think i would cry if i got an offer and then failed to meet it! that would be terrible! :redface:

This may well form the most interesting chain of murders ever... We will simply HAVE to come up with a name for such heinous action :biggrin:

:lol: a name? like regicide and genocide? maybe Alumnicide if we want to keep the Latin aspect :wink: although that sounds a bit boring :redface:

:lol: a name? like regicide and genocide? maybe Alumnicide if we want to keep the Latin aspect :wink: although that sounds a bit boring :redface:

I was thinking more like Jack the Ripper, for example :biggrin:
I was thinking more like Jack the Ripper, for example :biggrin:

Chiara the Bus Run-Overer doesn't quite have the same ring to it :frown:

I hope no one goes through my internet search history and sees that I'm searching synonyms for 'killer' and 'murderer'.

CHIARA THE CUT-THROAT! Not exactly accurate but the alliteration works. :smile:

No.... :frown:

Original post by punctuation
I hope no one goes through my internet search history and sees that I'm searching synonyms for 'killer' and 'murderer'.

YES. We will use this! I'm hoping she would use other methods of slaughter rather than buses... I mean, the amount of buses and chance of her targets being near these buses as the small number pass by the target...

I may state on my PS that I'm specifically interested in the rationality of economics and thus, its aid in planning murders :smile:

:redface: Oh my it sounds scary! :lol: tres bien!

we really really really are an odd bunch aren't we... :colone:
No.... :frown:

YES. We will use this! I'm hoping she would use other methods of slaughter rather than buses... I mean, the amount of buses and chance of her targets being near these buses as the small number pass by the target...

I may state on my PS that I'm specifically interested in the rationality of economics and thus, its aid in planning murders :smile:

:wink: if she were more of a girly girly girl then she could kill people with her girly accessories and then people could all fear the dreaded razor sharp Chiara's Tiara! :lol: so random

and oooh yes! Disappointingly, i don't think saying that i'm good at killing people would look... favourable... on my medicine PS :frown:
:wink: if she were more of a girly girly girl then she could kill people with her girly accessories and then people could all fear the dreaded razor sharp Chiara's Tiara! :lol: so random

and oooh yes! Disappointingly, i don't think saying that i'm good at killing people would look... favourable... on my medicine PS :frown:

hah! I swear she is reasonably girly though? Barbie-esque nail painting etc? :tongue: I love how we're just talking about her :colondollar:

You could be the next Harold Shipman.
hah! I swear she is reasonably girly though? Barbie-esque nail painting etc? :tongue: I love how we're just talking about her :colondollar:

Chiara the Cut-throat... Tiara? :confused:

:lol:

Ah oui oui!
:biggrin: She knows it's because we all love her really!
OMG i just googled him! Now, i wouldn't mind being famous, but for being one of the most prolific murderers... i'm not convinced :wink:

Chiara the Cut-throat... Tiara? :confused:

:lol:

:wink: tiaras are always a good thing to add!
Oh my god, what have I been missing!? :rofl: This is insane! I feel so famous :awesome:

No, Chiara the Bus Runner Overer does not sound good. I like Chiara the Cut Throat Tiara, not only with its double alliteration but with the juxtaposition of the piracy and the Barbieness. Alumnicide, hmm, maybe. :lol:

Chiara the Cut Throat Tiara it is. I love you three very much.

lmao...!

I can't believe somebody would have the guts to send that in :lol:
I just had a look, and there are more than 20 posts devoted to me killing fellow applicants. I sincerely hope our admissions tutors do not read this :mmm:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest