Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2880
Original post by Tricky_Tree
There is a job place at the University which offers various part time positions with a number of companies.

Oh, also apply for these guys.

http://www.michaelwisher.co.uk/

They helped a lot throughout my Trent experience!

Awesome, thanks for that :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2881
anybody know when we receive our welcome pack?

Oh, and anybody receive a letter from Trent about anything? I can't remember if I have or not!!!
Reply 2882
What supermarkets are relatively near the Clifton Campus? May look for a job there I suppose.

EDIT - I may miss the first day of Freshers week guys :\ that sucks... Everyone would have made new friends and everything before I even get there xD
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Raguman
What supermarkets are relatively near the Clifton Campus? May look for a job there I suppose xD

Morrisons is the past Clifton Village, about 10/15 min walk roughly.
Asda is in West Bridgford a taxi/ bus journey away.
Tesco (mini tesco that is) is just along the main road outside Clifton campus, closest one to the campus.
Original post by Omg..
wildlife conservation :smile: what about you?

Environmental science :smile:
Reply 2885
This may have been asked before. But, when do we move in? or when can we move in?
Original post by Raguman
This may have been asked before. But, when do we move in? or when can we move in?

Usually for University accommodation (UPP), it is the first day of Freshers Week, so this year it'll be:
23rd September

But check with your Halls, some let you move in earlier, but be aware that should you be in any accommodation that has Fresher Reps, they will be on hand to help you move in from the 23rd September.

Accommodation with Fresher Reps (Freps) can be found here:
Sandby
Hampden
Gill Street
Blenheim
Norton Court
Maltings
Meridian
Simpsons
Clarendon
Mill House
Gordon House
Riverside Point
Mansion Square
Goldsmiths
Cotton Mills
IQ Exchange
Trinity Square
St Peter's Court
Manor Villages
Glasshouse
New Halls-Clifton
Peverell Halls
Brackenhurst
Reply 2887
Original post by Scorpio2211
Usually for University accommodation (UPP), it is the first day of Freshers Week, so this year it'll be:
23rd September

But check with your Halls, some let you move in earlier, but be aware that should you be in any accommodation that has Fresher Reps, they will be on hand to help you move in from the 23rd September.

Accommodation with Fresher Reps (Freps) can be found here:
Sandby
Hampden
Gill Street
Blenheim
Norton Court
Maltings
Meridian
Simpsons
Clarendon
Mill House
Gordon House
Riverside Point
Mansion Square
Goldsmiths
Cotton Mills
IQ Exchange
Trinity Square
St Peter's Court
Manor Villages
Glasshouse
New Halls-Clifton
Peverell Halls
Brackenhurst

Ah thanks :smile: no reps for Peverell ? :frown:
Original post by Raguman
Ah thanks :smile: no reps for Peverell ? :frown:

Peverells second to last on that list :smile:
I am one of them so I know they exist
Reply 2889
Peverells second to last on that list :smile:
I am one of them so I know they exist

Ahh! So it is! apologies :biggrin: While we are talking, I'm afraid i'm working the weekend after the move in weekend, so apparently i'll miss the 'saturday antics' or something? what NTU descirbe as one of the most important events. Should I be that worried about possibly missing it? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Raguman
Ahh! So it is! apologies :biggrin: While we are talking, I'm afraid i'm working the weekend after the move in weekend, so apparently i'll miss the 'saturday antics' or something? what NTU descirbe as one of the most important events. Should I be that worried about possibly missing it? Thanks :smile:

Hmm it depends really, Saturday Antics is basically a massive sports day where Freshers from every different campus go to play sports or take part in the activities they have to offer. To win bragging rights for the rest of the year. It's a good way to meet new people, but whether you miss out, won't be determined until that day.

I wouldn't worry too much. :smile:
Reply 2891
x

Do you know when we should be receiving welcome packs of NTU dude? :biggrin:
Original post by jimbles
Do you know when we should be receiving welcome packs of NTU dude? :biggrin:

I'm not sure when to be honest, usually it's after Exec handover of the SU- which I believe is this week. So I'm going to say vaguely this week on wards :smile:

Having said that, if you keep checking this page:
Welcome Week

There should be some stuff posted up, and most of it can be found in the Welcome Packs sent out by the University.

*Please bear in mind, that anything currently detailed on that website, is 2010 Freshers information NOT 2011- Freshers 2011 is from 23rd September- 2 October*

Any further questions don't be afraid to ask.
Reply 2893
I'm not sure when to be honest, usually it's after Exec handover of the SU- which I believe is this week. So I'm going to say vaguely this week on wards :smile:

Having said that, if you keep checking this page:
Welcome Week

There should be some stuff posted up, and most of it can be found in the Welcome Packs sent out by the University.

*Please bear in mind, that anything currently detailed on that website, is 2010 Freshers information NOT 2011- Freshers 2011 is from 23rd September- 2 October*

Any further questions don't be afraid to ask.

Cheers, I do hope we get them soon, I wanna know what fancy dress there will be and stuff! :biggrin:

I'm excited but nervous about this, is this normal? lol. Oh., where is the hospital in Nottingham? :smile:
Original post by jimbles
Cheers, I do hope we get them soon, I wanna know what fancy dress there will be and stuff! :biggrin:

I'm excited but nervous about this, is this normal? lol. Oh., where is the hospital in Nottingham? :smile:

Well as soon as the I know the fancy dress, because I'm a keen bean, I'll post it up on here. And that is decided by the new Exec of the SU so if they've only just handed over, allow them to get their bearings first. :smile:

Oh I'm excited and its my 3rd one, it's natural, just chill.

The nearest hospital is QMC along the ring road from Clifton Campus- basically go out of Clifton campus, turn left, go up the ramp thingy, and keep following the right lane round, and eventually QMC is on your right hand side. Failing that there is a walk-in centre in West Bridgford
Reply 2895
Original post by Troberts22

Original post by Troberts22
Nice :smile:

I only picked Norton court as it was one of the last left and also I thought it was closer than it is :frown: Should have looked more closely at the Mile guide on the maps they gave me :biggrin:

Heyy im in Norton Court as well :smile:
this is like the 4th time i've asked this question. but does anybody know how much it costs to join the american football team?
Original post by francistheswole
this is like the 4th time i've asked this question. but does anybody know how much it costs to join the american football team?

A rejection from the rugby team? *(trolol)

Well Sports Club Membership, is £99 (when its on sale at the start of the year)+ Equipment, and I have a feeling American Football have to pay to rent wherever they practice.
Reply 2899

And I've already answered I'm sure! It's £200 pound in total if I recall correctly... This covers pad and helmet hire, kit, travel and subs. If you have your own pads and helmet, then it will be about £100. This was based on last years anyway.

Original post by WDGardiner
A rejection from the rugby team? *(trolol)

Rejection from the rugby team? I highly doubt that. Whilst American Football did come from rugby, it was changed a very lot, so they are actually different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending