The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5600
Hey everyone!

New to TSR here and also new to UKCAT and BMAT as I only got the 600 Qs book today, the delay being due to some unfortunate family affairs, BUT i'm ready to get back into a positive mood !

This thread is far too long for me to read all 287 pages or so, but I will tell you a little about me first :colondollar:

Studying Chem, Bio, French and Maths, dropping dreadful Maths this year :catfight:

Fingers crossed for the results in August! Has everyone already taken their UKCAT or BMAT exams? (I spotted someone taking it really early in my google search)

Thanks All!

Saffy
Reply 5601
So do med schools look at AS Level grades or just A2 Level predictions, because all the open days I've been to have mentioned nothing of scoring academics based on AS Levels.

I hope they dont base it all on the AS level grades, Ive asked all the universities I was interested in, and they kept mentioning that they still put more priority on the predicted grades... but Im not sure if I can believe them tbh.

Anyone else feel like our year has had the most stick so far. From higher fees to this! :frown:
Reply 5602
Original post by Saffron
I hope they dont base it all on the AS level grades, Ive asked all the universities I was interested in, and they kept mentioning that they still put more priority on the predicted grades... but Im not sure if I can believe them tbh.

Anyone else feel like our year has had the most stick so far. From higher fees to this! :frown:

Well the current cycle might have it harder since everyone'll want to get in before the fee increase.
Reply 5603
Original post by cz100
Well the current cycle might have it harder since everyone'll want to get in before the fee increase.

aha I didn't think of that. But it's not really going to be harder, it's just going to be heart breaking to get a rejection, on top of having to re-apply (if still interested), on top of higher fees!

The nation should be prepared for an increase in suicides this year :s-smilie:
Original post by AwesomeAkhilesh
biology,chemistry,physics and religious studies :smile: hopefully somewhere in london or east anglia...(i know there's a huge difference between the two places)

UEA is sh**, i would know, guess where i live.

aks just apply to leicester you can live at home ennit

ps. hi guys! im an aspiring cambridge medic, ignoring my b in physics this year.
Reply 5605
Original post by Saffron
aha I didn't think of that. But it's not really going to be harder, it's just going to be heart breaking to get a rejection, on top of having to re-apply (if still interested), on top of higher fees!

The nation should be prepared for an increase in suicides this year :s-smilie:

But I don't think it'll affect us that much. Most medics seem determined, I haven't heard of any who are put off by higher fees.
Reply 5606
Original post by Joseppea
I didn't either, until recently when I realised I'm usually right first time! XD

Once you've clicked it...commit to it :tongue:

Haha, catchy phrase you've got there :tongue:

The ukcat has demolished my certainty of answering a question :emo:
Original post by frizz101

ps. hi guys! im an aspiring cambridge medic, ignoring my b in physics this year.

I liked the open day though! :P
Reply 5608
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
Nah cos then we'd all be Healers innit.

o god i am sorry the post about potions , my brother wrote it . I must remember to sighn out !
Original post by rsp
o god i am sorry the post about potions , my brother wrote it . I must remember to sighn out !

No prob, I liked the HP humour. :wink:
Original post by frizz101

What's so bad about the UEA? I live nearby and I think Norwich is a great little city :smile:

I'm not disregarding your opinion, I'm just curious to know what's so bad about it because I want to apply there xD
Reply 5611
I just got an AR question :woo:
After giving up and moving on for about 6 before that :emo:
Reply 5612
Woah just had a look at the practice test 1 from the UKCAT website and am I right in thinking the AR section from that is much harder than those from the 600Q book?
Reply 5613
Original post by Nator
Woah just had a look at the practice test 1 from the UKCAT website and am I right in thinking the AR section from that is much harder than those from the 600Q book?

I hope it is easier. Who on earth can think 'all objects with a right angle are black, those with no right angles are grey, the number of white diamonds is equal to the number of right angles in the coloured object'?!?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5614
Original post by cz100
I hope it is. Who on earth can think 'all objects with a right angle are black, those with no right angles are grey, the number of white diamonds is equal to the number of right angles in the coloured object'?!?!

Why would you hope for a harder test? :eek:
Reply 5615
Original post by Nator
Why would you hope for a harder test? :eek:

I mean I hope the actual test is easier oops
Original post by cz100
I just got an AR question :woo:
After giving up and moving on for about 6 before that :emo:

I got the first two, then couldn't get anymore.
Reply 5617
Original post by Straight up G
I got the first two, then couldn't get anymore.

I could get some, then once I got to the exercises in the teens and onwards I'd get maybe one in every 6 exercises
Reply 5618
Original post by cz100
I mean I hope the actual test is easier oops

The ones from the practice tests from the website are harder imo :eek:
Reply 5619
Original post by Nator
The ones from the practice tests from the website are harder imo :eek:

Who comes up with these beasts?!

Latest

Trending

Trending