The Student Room Group

a 15 year old girl+a 21 year old guy in love??

is it ok for a 15 year old girl to love a 21 year old guy......i mean when they are older he will be 26 when she is 20........is this ok then??

Scroll to see replies

IMO the girls too young to be dating a 21 year old.
My parents had an 18 year age gap and were very happy.

Although steady on with the 15 year old to be fair, you don't want anyone to get done for statutory rape (having sex with a minor, even if consensual).

Of course it is ok, a six year age gap is hardly anything. If you love each other.
Depends on individual maturity.
Unlikely Police can prosecute without a complaint if girl is over 13 and relationship is not incest/ position of trust.
better wait till she's 16... or else you know what we're going to say:

in all seriousness, it doesn't actually matter as long as the 15 year old doesn't have sex with him. and even then it will only matter if she's dickish enough to report it to someone. and even then I don't know the rules if the girl clearly consented to it (although how would you prove that?).

also, they're not in love. they're lusting for each other/infatuated with each other really badly, and trying to pass it off as love, when it's not love.
The feelings are completely fine, 6 years is nothing. Just wait for another year before you start doing anything, I guess.
Original post by sls
is it ok for a 15 year old girl to love a 21 year old guy......i mean when they are older he will be 26 when she is 20........is this ok then??

Nothing wrong with that necessarily.
At 15, I would doubt that she's really in love, I'd give it a few years.
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
better wait till she's 16... or else you know what we're going to say:

in all seriousness, it doesn't actually matter as long as the 15 year old doesn't have sex with him. and even then it will only matter if she's dickish enough to report it to someone. and even then I don't know the rules if the girl clearly consented to it (although how would you prove that?).

also, they're not in love. they're lusting for each other/infatuated with each other really badly, and trying to pass it off as love, when it's not love.

How do you know that they're not in love and are just lusting for each other? Unless you know both people and the relationship personally, then you have no idea.
Reply 9
at what age is it right for them to date?
Reply 10
I'd say it was very weird.
Reply 11
Depends if you are more bothered about the law, society and conforming, or objectivity.
I would say it's wrong because the 21 year old is a fully grown man and the 15 year old potentially is still in puberty. Plus, why can't they find someone their own age? :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Original post by animalnitrate
How do you know that they're not in love and are just lusting for each other? Unless you know both people and the relationship personally, then you have no idea.

yes, i agree, i know both people and they are really really seriousley in love. but they are not going out yet until they are ready and both old enough for things.......
Reply 14
I know a 15 year old girl who is dating/in love with a guy double her age, he's 30! Was completely taken aback and shocked when she told me and disagreed, thought it was such a bad idea. But they've been together for ages now and the families are on board so maybe it truly is horses for courses. What is out of the ordinary and should work might well do. Still against it, you're at different stages of your lives, I find a couple of years off-putting but maybe that's me being supremely immature. But even in a 'normal' relationship, especially at our age, a few years means you're at college and you're fella at uni and you're both experiencing completely different things and different things are important. Not that I'm saying it can't work beautifully but sometimes it hits you.
In b4 statutory rape.
yes it is OK to date. best advice for your 'friend':wink:- take it slow :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
I know girls mature quicker than boys but as someone else said, she's still going through puberty. And from her age to his age, you do a lot of growing up mentally, so whilst age gaps are fine when older, age gaps at this age are weird in my opinion.
Original post by sls

Well the girl is too young, and he could be put in jail. But when she is 16 she can feel free to do whatever with him sexually legally.

But for me. Unless he is a genuine guy who wants a proper relationship.. I would say they shouldn't go out :/ The gap may seem attractive as he will be maturer than guys her own age, but he may turn out to want girls HIS own age... :/
Reply 19
it is'nt wrong at all. how many years is in between your parents i bet its not 1 or
2. in fact i know a girl who's parents have 20 years between them, so their is absoloutley nothing wrong with just 6 years.

also, most girls go out with people not their age (older than them) because girls mature faster than boys so to go out with some one who is as mature as you are then girls should go out with guys older than them. it is just not right to date some one of the same age as you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending