The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Firm-ers! 2011 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Hey guys. Anybody have any idea how a transfer between courses works? I want to transfer from the Physics Msci course to the Maths and Physics Bsc. How do I go about doing so if it is at all possible?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by choices
Hey guys. Anybody have any idea how a transfer between courses works? I want to transfer from the Physics Msci course to the Maths and Physics Bsc. How do I go about doing so if it is at all possible?

Ring up the departments involved
Reply 422
Hello, I'm still waiting for the confirmation of admission of UCL after I sent my final results. Am I the only one in this case ? I have to have it so I could make plans ! And I have to inform the other universities about it ! why does it take so long ?
Reply 423
Original post by EasyA
Did anyone receive the new students booklet?

I received a joining ucl 2011/2012 booklet, same thing I guess, along with a sheet about personal details and another one with verification of qualifications.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 424
Original post by EasyA
Hey! Same here :smile: Is your offer conditional or unconditional?

Conditional AAB for chemical engineering :smile:
What about you?
Hm, I haven't gotten a welcome pack yet. Then again, it takes ages for the post to get here.
Reply 426
Original post by karchips
Hello, I'm still waiting for the confirmation of admission of UCL after I sent my final results. Am I the only one in this case ? I have to have it so I could make plans ! And I have to inform the other universities about it ! why does it take so long ?

Hi
I'm here as a "soon student's mother"... waiting for UCL and UCAS confirmation.
My daughter (who has no web connection at the moment) got her french OIB and sent her results 2 weeks ago; her friend, going to Aberdeen, got a confirmation 1 week ago but for UCL we didnt get any answer...
I'm happy to read that she is not the only one.
please let me know when you get some news.
Reply 427
firmed, and met the conditions! Going to UCL next year! : information business and management!
Reply 428
Original post by Fion92
firmed, and met the conditions! Going to UCL next year! : information business and management!

Have you already got the confirmation on UCAS tracking website or by letter?
Reply 429
Original post by mom
Have you already got the confirmation on UCAS tracking website or by letter?

that is exactly the information I need to have. I'm lost and don't know what is the next step to follow....
Reply 430
that is exactly the information I need to have. I'm lost and don't know what is the next step to follow....

what I' ve heard is that your choices status on UCAS will be changed from "conditional" to "unconditional" then you get a letter (by the postmail) and THAT letter is the proof you are admited at UCL. I think you just have to wait but I'm not sure: you might have to valid something on UCAS track between the email and the letter. what worries me is the time it takes as other universities already valid the "unconditional"... did you send your results by regular mail or what we call "courrier recommandé" in french? ( Are you french?) and when did you send them? my daughter did it on the 5th of july.
Reply 431
the mail was sent by DHL and it has been received ...
the results was sent on the 1st of July...
I am not french but I follow the french program (bac français)

i got my ib results on the 6th and nothing updated, so i emailed my faculty yesterday and they changed my ucas thingo soon afterwards. however the email they sent back implied they hadn't even planned on sending my CAS anytime soon until when i contacted them. so if you're in the UK i reckon it would be best to call them? or email your faculty and let them know you have plans so they can submit your app to the border agency etc (:
Reply 433
Just wondering, when does freshers-week start? =P
Reply 434
Original post by BettyJ

I think its from the 21st to the 23rd of september if you are referring to the international orientation programme? :smile:
Reply 435
Original post by idathien
I think its from the 21st to the 23rd of september if you are referring to the international orientation programme? :smile:

But if it isn't, I suppose it should be the first week of class? ie 26th sept?
Original post by BettyJ

the 24th : )

http://www.uclunion.org/freshers/index.php
Reply 437
Original post by idathien

Not what I meant, but I was wondering about that too, so thank you!

Ooh, nice! Very helpful page =D
Reply 438
I thought this may be a good place to post this. I am applying for Economics for 2012 entry. I'm not sure I want to apply to two London universities in UCL and LSE, so have to make the tricky decision of choosing one.

To those who are doing Economics: Why did you pick UCL over LSE?
Reply 439
Anthropology!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest