The Student Room Group

Texting a girl you've never met before

Hey people...

Never posted before so don't have a go at me please, would appreciate some advice.

I've known of this girl for a while, but never met her before. Just so happens that I'm relatively decent friends with her best friend.

Yesterday, I got home to a message on fb from the best friend saying she saw me out and then I realised that the girl i like was with her and most likely would have seen me too...

So i started texting and got the girl's number from her best friend/my friend last night. Normally, I'd have no trouble texting someone, but I can't get my head around this one. What do you text a girl you like that you've never met?
I wouldn't

Can you not ask the one you have met to meet up with you and bring her along...then texting the girl you like might not be so weird
Reply 2
Yeah, just got met your friend somewhere and she'll probably be there.

I've text a girl I didn't know before, it's ridiculously awkward. Probably becasue you don't know what her personality is like, and it's hard to tell a personality from texting.

My advice, met her before you text her...
Have you actually spoken to her online or anything?

I text people that I chat to online sometimes, and I don't find that weird *shrugs*.

Or is she literally somebody that you've never had any verbal or textual contact with at all, ever?
I'm confused and my head hurts after reading this :frown:
Reply 5
I don't understand... could you explain it again OP. Re-read what you've posted, it's confusing.
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
I'm confused and my head hurts after reading this :frown:

Clearly doesn't take much then...
Original post by You Failed
Clearly doesn't take much then...

That's not what your dad said last night.
Reply 8
play it cool and see how it goes.

but if you meet up remember to bring along a responsible adult, otherwise you could get raped.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Hey people...

Never posted before so don't have a go at me please, would appreciate some advice.

I've known of this girl for a while, but never met her before. Just so happens that I'm relatively decent friends with her best friend.

Yesterday, I got home to a message on fb from the best friend saying she saw me out and then I realised that the girl i like was with her and most likely would have seen me too...

So i started texting and got the girl's number from her best friend/my friend last night. Normally, I'd have no trouble texting someone, but I can't get my head around this one. What do you text a girl you like that you've never met?

OP one word: your a pu**y! c'mon dude dont text a random girl like that...tell your friend when is he/she meeting her again and when she's out with her go and hang out and speak to her. If you text a girl whom you havn't met that won't make her interested in you. Seriously dude! I mean seriouslyyyyy! :biggrin:
That's not what your dad said last night.

See, the difference between my post and your post is that, mine was actually true. If the OP confused you, then it really doesn't take much and you are in fact, an idiot. Whereas, your post, well, let's face it, you didn't have sex with my dad last night.
Start off with something like the following. I'm assuming she's called Amanda.

"Hello Amanda, you don't know me, but I know you..."
Original post by You Failed
See, the difference between my post and your post is that, mine was actually true. If the OP confused you, then it really doesn't take much and you are in fact, an idiot. Whereas, your post, well, let's face it, you didn't have sex with my dad last night.

Aww man, lighten up. This is an internet forum. Why so serious. :ahee:
Aww man, lighten up. This is an internet forum. Why so serious. :ahee:

Okay, that's true, point taken!
just add her on facebook? it's much easier to talk to people you wouldn't normally on there! and it's less creepy.
The difficulty you have is that you didnt obtain her number from her directly, so make sure you come across as a non threatening, normal human being otherwise she is going to wonder why her mate is giving her phone number to random weirdos.

Just play it cool, say you've heard the stories about her and probably saw her the other night and thought she seemed like a cool person and that you look forward to your mate introducing you.
Whats the worst that can happen?
Reply 16
did the same thing, with a boy
except it was kinda different cos it started off as a joke, so i didnt really care what he thought of me, then eventually grew into a friendship
was just like wuu2, talked about mutual friends, holidays, etc, just getting to know each other.. dont be scared and just be chatty
hope it all goes well!!
it did for me and we text all the time now, and it wasnt awkward at all
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Have you actually spoken to her online or anything?

I text people that I chat to online sometimes, and I don't find that weird *shrugs*.

Or is she literally somebody that you've never had any verbal or textual contact with at all, ever?

Neither do I. :h:

If you've never ever exchanged words at all it may be a lil weird. I'm sure her friend can fill her in though?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending