The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by riotgrrl
You could always go on your own?
Is anyone else dressing up to go see it? My friend is coming round to watch part 1 on DVD and then we're going to the midnight showing. I've nicked my little sister's cloak and hat- the full length sleeves are 3/4 length on me but aside from that, it looks alright! So excited xD

Original post by mamooshka
Depends if they're a die-hard Potter fan... :holmes:

Although if I were in their shoes I wouldn't mind, I'm sure DHP2 will be in the cinemas for a good while, there'll be plenty of opportunities to see it :smile:

I'm setting off at 9.30 for the finale...oh gosh I can't wait! I've been avoiding Tumblr in case I stumble across some leaked images :colonhash:

I asked them and they said they weren't feeling well :frown: It's a shame. I guess I could go and see it on my own but I don't think it would be any fun. Oh well. I'm just disappointed as I was really looking forward to the HP double bill and then my friends drop out on me a couple of hours beforehand. I'm probably overtired too, didn't get a second of sleep last night and have only had a little nap this afternoon. Not even sure I want to dress up now. Probably still will but most of the excitements gone. Ugh. I'm so over dramatic.
2D, all the way. The idea of the Harry Potter 3D glasses sounded cute, but heck I've seen all the others in 2D, I want to keep it authentic!

I want to dress up but my friends can't be bothered :frown: But I'm going again on Saturday with a hardcore fan who might be persuaded to dress up with me :colone:

But as what? I'm not sure.
Original post by mabrookes

Original post by mabrookes
In what way? 3D looks ok, but doesn't really add that much.

Harry potter has a nearly £100 million bigger budget.

I wrote that comment back in October about the first film when Warner Bros. had said they would show it in 3D. The first film's budget is equivalent to that of Tron: Legacy.
Original post by F.I
:tongue: You still have time to prepare. I'm so last minute, im heading off now to buy some fabric to make a robe :P I do hope the fabric store isnt closed!!!

Hahaa I would but we're going out for dinner first :smile:
Original post by CookieDoughLove
Are people seeing it in 3D or 2D? I'm 2D myself, not a fan of 3D. I noticed the 2D tickets selling faster round here actually!

3D cos we all really wanted to go at midnight and that's all they're showing then. I usually find it quite annoying, especially cos I wear glasses anyway, but I reckon the awesomeness of Harry Potter will distract me.
Original post by hayles101
I noticed that too! 2D for me! Just booked! Are you watching at the gate out of curiosity? I see you live in Newcastle too :smile:

I am indeed :biggrin: i'm very excited. Are you seeing it at the gate?
Original post by Madjackismad
That's a lovely photo. I remember seeing the very first one in 2001 at the massive Cineworld in Glasgow which had just opened and the whole place was packed. Harry Potter and Lord of The Rings were my most anticipated movies. The next year was even better because of The Chamber of Secrets and Spider Man and the next LOTR!

Ah, I can feel the nostalgia radiating from you. :tongue:

Really does make you think about the time that has passed from when you watched the first film. A whole decade. :moon:
If anyone needs me, I'll be sobbing myself to sleep tonight over the fact that they won't air the second part of Deathly Hallows in my country. That's what's up. :cry2:
Original post by The Fez
If anyone needs me, I'll be sobbing myself to sleep tonight over the fact that they won't air the second part of Deathly Hallows in my country. That's what's up. :cry2:

:zomg:

At all? What country is this?

:console:
Reply 1709
I know some guys in America and they're all extremely jealous I get to see it 6 hours before them because of the time difference! D:biggrin::biggrin::

NOT LONG NOW - LESS THAN 5 HOURS!!!!!!
Original post by CookieDoughLove
I am indeed :biggrin: i'm very excited. Are you seeing it at the gate?

Yep 8.30 tomorrow night :biggrin: I'm waiting on my new car coming or I would have driven to the silverlink cause the sweeties are better there! :wink: hahaha!
Midnight screening, looking forward to this! :biggrin: I've yet to see a film in 3D, just some random documentary thing in the IMAX, very excited! :smile:

That royally sucks. It seems you're going to be missing out on a lot of films. I feel for you. :console:

So what are you doing to do then? Wait until it comes out on DVD?
3 hours to go! Had a nap and now I'm feeling much better.

Although I think I might have just been partly spoiled for the R/Hr kiss :cry2:
Original post by dobbys sock
3 hours to go! Had a nap and now I'm feeling much better.

Although I think I might have just been partly spoiled for the R/Hr kiss :cry2:

How?
Lots of my friends watched it already! :mad: I'm gonna watch it tomorrow! Can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaittttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 1717
The books are awesome. The movies aren't as good
Oh god, just listened to a bit of the soundtrack (in spoiler below because the title of the video gives away one of the deaths... if there's anyone in here that hasn't read the book) and it honestly made my heart sink. This scene is gonna destroy me :sad:

Spoiler

Part of me really is dreading watching this film.
(edited 12 years ago)
My costume is awesome :biggrin: I have a wand, a copy of the Quibbler, spectrespecs, radish earrings, DH necklace. Wearing a flowery dress and magenta tights. Can't find my hair curlers though so looks like straight hair for me. Oh well. Leaving in about 45 mins!!

I have a bad feeling I'm going to cry my eyes out all the way through.

Quick Reply

Latest