The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by Tateco
:O That early?! I thought you could only submit it after September 1st?

You can most likely submit it beforehand, but UCAS won't start processing until September 1st.
Reply 1241
Original post by Groat
You can most likely submit it beforehand, but UCAS won't start processing until September 1st.

Makes sense I guess :smile: I don't think it will make that much difference by applying a week or two earlier than other people would it? Assuming someone applied on 1st September compared to someone on 15th September
Reply 1242
Original post by Tateco
Makes sense I guess :smile: I don't think it will make that much difference by applying a week or two earlier than other people would it? Assuming someone applied on 1st September compared to someone on 15th September

I don't think it'll make any difference. I look forward to the satisfaction of changing all my pending grades on August 18th!

Also, I will hope to have a huge grin on my face when filling in the SAQ. :colondollar:

I'm bound to make a few changes to the personal statement, so submitting it that early seems silly.
Original post by Groat
To be fair, I will be eager to send mine off so I can stop worrying about the personal statement!

Aha true true, just get it all over and done with... I'm dreading waiting for replies from universities whilst having to revise for January exams; going to be very distracting!

Original post by Tateco
:O That early?! I thought you could only submit it after September 1st?

I think you're right, but I know some people will definitely have everything ready so they can submit their UCAS as soon as they receive their results.
Reply 1244
Original post by jamiepango
Aha true true, just get it all over and done with... I'm dreading waiting for replies from universities whilst having to revise for January exams; going to be very distracting!

I've got C3 and C4 in January. Waiting for a Cambridge decision (given I am invited to interview) will be horrible. If I get rejected, I will feel demotivated for C3 and C4, but if I get an offer I'll be super-charged. :u:
Reply 1245

Oh, I didn't even think about that. Going to be so hard to motivate myself if I have no offers!
Reply 1246
Original post by Groat
I've got C3 and C4 in January. Waiting for a Cambridge decision (given I am invited to interview) will be horrible. If I get rejected, I will feel demotivated for C3 and C4, but if I get an offer I'll be super-charged. :u:

Supercharged for about 7 days before your exams :wink:
Reply 1247
Original post by Tateco
Supercharged for about 7 days before your exams :wink:

Yeah, that could end up badly. I've told myself if I get an offer I will have a massive party. It may have to wait until C3 and C4! :colone:

That's one of the only respects Oxford is better than Cambridge! They hear before Christmas, although a rejection could ruin Christmas and New Year celebrations. :s-smilie:
Have fun guys :tongue:

I've got AGES to submit my application (one of my many excuses for not handing in the first draft of my personal statement tomorrow that our teachers want)! :biggrin:

Also, according to my teacher, students who receive rejections from Oxbridge before their January modules do noticeably worse in those modules than students of similar ability who haven't applied for Oxbridge or receive an offer.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Groat

I'll have 3 exams. Hmm let's hope it's the second scenario then shall we? :tongue:

Original post by Tateco
Oh, I didn't even think about that. Going to be so hard to motivate myself if I have no offers!

That's not going to happen to any of us, I hope :closedeyes:
Reply 1250
Original post by Groat
Yeah, that could end up badly. I've told myself if I get an offer I will have a massive party. It may have to wait until C3 and C4! :colone:

That's one of the only respects Oxford is better than Cambridge! They hear before Christmas, although a rejection could ruin Christmas and New Year celebrations. :s-smilie:

And the rest :wink:

But Oxford don't do Economics :wink:
Reply 1251
Original post by thegenius31416

I've got AGES to submit my application (one of my many excuses for not handing in the first draft of my personal statement tomorrow that our teachers want)! :biggrin:

Also, according to my teacher, students who receive rejections from Oxbridge before their January modules do noticeably worse in those modules than students of similar ability who haven't applied for Oxbridge or receive an offer.

Lucky :tongue: Hopefully that doesn't happen to us, I think I'll be able to stay focused on my work.

I'll have 3 exams. Hmm let's hope it's the second scenario then shall we? :tongue:

I will have 5 :| Including my main chemistry module going to be the worst January ever :L
Reply 1252

I take it you're not applying to Oxford or Cambridge, then?

Which exams will they be?

Original post by Tateco
And the rest :wink:

But Oxford don't do Economics :wink:

I have C3, C4 and Labour Economics in January. If I ace all of those exams, I could have an A* (Maths) and an A (Economics) from answering a question or two in the June exam. I'm hoping to need around 15/60 in my last Economics exam. :u:

Yes, you'd be right! :colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tateco
Lucky :tongue: Hopefully that doesn't happen to us, I think I'll be able to stay focused on my work.

I will have 5 :| Including my main chemistry module going to be the worst January ever :L

Dreading chemistry as well...

Original post by Groat

Which exams will they be?

I have C3, C4 and Labour Economics in January. If I ace all of those exams, I could have an A* (Maths) and an A (Economics) from answering a question or two in the June exam. I'm hoping to need around 15/60 in my last Economics exam. :u:

C3, M1, possibly biology if I don't drop..
Original post by Groat
I take it you're not applying to Oxford or Cambridge, then?

No, we've discussed this :tongue:
Reply 1255
Dreading chemistry as well...

C3, M1, possibly biology if I don't drop..

All the Economics candidates seem to be considering dropping Biology.

No, we've discussed this :tongue:

I am awful at remembering university choices, as everyone seems to change all the time! Sorry. :colondollar:
Guys, I have a question!

Well I'm doing A-Level Maths and will sit the exams in January and May/June next year as a private candiate. Reason is: In Germany I couldn't choose Maths as a Higher Level in the German Abitur because my school doesn't offer it. So I decided to take A-Level Maths (the universities want that I take it even though our Standard Level Maths has almost the same content as A-Level Maths, but well...) to bolster my application. Now I read that so many economics applicants are doing Further Maths as universities like LSE see it as almost essential. Now my question is: Should I do my AS-Level in Further Maths as well? I wouldn't be able to get the whole A-Level FM done because I am really busy with my 10 other subjects for my German Abitur... Is an AS-Level in FM worth doing or only if you actually do the full A-Level? Will it improve my chances? I know Oxford won't care but what about LSE? Also what about the workload in general? A-Level Maths is manageable so far but do you think taking FM as well is too much?

Thanks for any advice :smile:
Reply 1257
Original post by Groat

Yes, you'd be right! :colone:

I'll have C3, FP1, Big Chemistry and ECON3, so only four actually :tongue: Still going to be horrible though...
Reply 1258
Original post by nightmare91
Guys, I have a question!

Well I'm doing A-Level Maths and will sit the exams in January and May/June next year as a private candiate. Reason is: In Germany I couldn't choose Maths as a Higher Level in the German Abitur because my school doesn't offer it. So I decided to take A-Level Maths (the universities want that I take it even though our Standard Level Maths has almost the same content as A-Level Maths, but well...) to bolster my application. Now I read that so many economics applicants are doing Further Maths as universities like LSE see it as almost essential. Now my question is: Should I do my AS-Level in Further Maths as well? I wouldn't be able to get the whole A-Level FM done because I am really busy with my 10 other subjects for my German Abitur... Is an AS-Level in FM worth doing or only if you actually do the full A-Level? Will it improve my chances? I know Oxford won't care but what about LSE? Also what about the workload in general? A-Level Maths is manageable so far but do you think taking FM as well is too much?

Thanks for any advice :smile:

AS FM will help yes. And I think you will be able to cope, Germany's education system teaches students to be much more flexible by doing so many subjects and I'm sure you would be able to manage.
Original post by Tateco
AS FM will help yes. And I think you will be able to cope, Germany's education system teaches students to be much more flexible by doing so many subjects and I'm sure you would be able to manage.

Thank you! Then I suppose I'm going to do that! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending