The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We can check, but I don't think they have an awesome spreadsheet like us :wink:

Made one for colleges too :redface:

Original post by DracoDormiens
True, though they might transfer me to Psychology rather than English! :wink: I'm not sure I could convince them with my super debating skills that as SuperWoman, I am the right kind of student that the university needs!

Good luck not dying revising!

:lol: Ahahaha okay maybe SuperWoman isn't the best person... mmm... maybe you should pretend you're Jane Austen or some other respected literary figure... brought back from the dead O.o
:biggrin: Thankyou, i'll try my hardest! :tongue:

Original post by nightmare91
That is weird isn't it? I also thought there would be more E&M applicants. But well... it's better like that :biggrin:.

I know and Aaaaahh E&M, isn't that like the most competitive? :O Good Luck Monsieur! :biggrin: but yes, hopefully it's stay like that :wink: keep all the competition to the PPEists :tongue:
Sven, I just checked last year's thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=25370341

It's a more reasonable and proportional representation than this year. :lol:

ETA: Aww, the one psych & philosophy applicant from last year's thread only has one post... so lonely.

At least I won't have to compete with any of you guys for spots though! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by such_a_lady
You're just a worthier person than the rest of us :tongue:

On another note, tomorrow all the sixth formers in my school are dressing up as Harry Potter characters...

:lol: ahahaha oh i wish :wink: but everyone here's just so great :colondollar:

Oooh, i really want to see it! But i bet i won't actually go for ages :frown: although... Tomorrow is my last day! Woooo!

And i'm currently making a Speadsheet for Unis to apply to for Medicine :P *didn't steal Chiara's idea or anything.... :rolleyes: *
Currently Oxford has the highest average score of 8.3, daymn Oxford, you good! :cool:
Edited the colleges chart to take out all the 'undecided'...

:beard:

Ugh the colours are ghastly, aren't they... sorry. :frown:
Ohhh my god, I'm STILL writing that Goethe essay! About 1800 words so far. Nearly done.

Hey, listening to the Stuttgart news and Murdoch's in the headlines!
Reply 3286
Original post by punctuation
Edited the colleges chart to take out all the 'undecided'...

:beard:

Ugh the colours are ghastly, aren't they... sorry. :frown:

Oooooooooooooooooooooooo data! =O
Original post by nightmare91
Awesome, our little Oxford Applicants empire is getting bigger and bigger :wink:

We shall take over the interwebs!
Original post by punctuation
I made a chart of the subjects from the first spreadsheet...

I was going to tell you that you don't have nearly enough to do. Then I realised that I was the person who gave the colleges on the spreadsheet each a pretty colour so it made a rainbow when you sorted it A-Z by college. :redface:
Ohhh my god, I'm STILL writing that Goethe essay! About 1800 words so far. Nearly done.

Hey, listening to the Stuttgart news and Murdoch's in the headlines!

At least Goethe seems really interesting! :biggrin:

I had a stupid 2000 word report to do for psychology last night, it was so boring and simple that i think part of my soul died :redface: I dislike writing up research :lol:
Original post by anyone_can_fly
We shall take over the interwebs!

I was going to tell you that you don't have nearly enough to do. Then I realised that I was the person who gave the colleges on the spreadsheet each a pretty colour so it made a rainbow when you sorted it A-Z by college. :redface:

Oh that was you! How nice :biggrin:
Original post by manic_fuzz
At least Goethe seems really interesting! :biggrin:

I had a stupid 2000 word report to do for psychology last night, it was so boring and simple that i think part of my soul died :redface: I dislike writing up research :lol:

Sample sentences:

In stark contrast, Goethe develops a moral, even lecturing tone in the second stanza of Grenzen der Menschheit, advising mortals not to attempt to compete with the gods, bringing to mind the Greek myth of Arachne’s challenge to the goddess Athene and her subsequent humiliation. Although such punishment is not explicitly mentioned in the poem, the use of “soll” rather than “sollte” makes for a firm command rather than a polite recommendation.

:tongue: I'm proud of it so far. Only two paragraphs left!!!

Don't you just love it when you're listening to the radio in a foreign language, and you're like, yes, subjunctive :biggrin:
Original post by Zoedotdot
Done, hope that's alright :smile:

Hi, sorry to bother again, but could you also add this:

[*]Website for applicants

On another note, tomorrow all the sixth formers in my school are dressing up as Harry Potter characters...

my friend wants me to be at the cinema two hours before it starts to get good seats :emo:
:lol: Ahahaha okay maybe SuperWoman isn't the best person... mmm... maybe you should pretend you're Jane Austen or some other respected literary figure... brought back from the dead O.o
:biggrin: Thankyou, i'll try my hardest! :tongue:

I know and Aaaaahh E&M, isn't that like the most competitive? :O Good Luck Monsieur! :biggrin: but yes, hopefully it's stay like that :wink: keep all the competition to the PPEists :tongue:

Oh my gosh, Champs de Elysees or however you spell it just came on German radio! Now I see why all the French students rave about it! It's so happy :redface:
Reply 3294
Original post by medbh4805
my friend wants me to be at the cinema two hours before it starts to get good seats :emo:

Ugh its so unfair, we don't even have a cinema out here to go to. =(

Its either take a special trip to Glasgow to watch it next week, illegally download it (which isnt half as fun), or wait 3 months until it comes out here on the blasted screenmachine (cinema on back of lorry).

=/

I officially hate my life.
Original post by candide

Its either take a special trip to Glasgow to watch it next week, illegally download it (which isnt half as fun), or wait 3 months until it comes out here on the blasted screenmachine (cinema on back of lorry).

=/

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

I'm seeing it on Sunday then rushing off to London the same afternoon for the start of my Multinational Youth Exchange :biggrin: I'll let you guys know how that goes! Will be visiting OXford for the SIXTH time this year :tongue:
Sample sentences:

:tongue: I'm proud of it so far. Only two paragraphs left!!!

Don't you just love it when you're listening to the radio in a foreign language, and you're like, yes, subjunctive :biggrin:

Ah you write so eloquently, and mmmm foreign literature :awesome:

And YES! J'aime le subjonctif! Umm... for you... 'ich liebe der konjunktiv?' :s-smilie: (my german is atrocious), but yes, it just sounds so good :smile: I always try slipping a few subjunctives in just for the sake of being difficult :wink: and seriously, who wants to use simple grammar anyway? :tongue:

I get a bit too excited about languages sometimes... yesterday i sent my friend a huge 'OMG!!!!' message just because i recognised loan words in Russian from Sanskrit... :colondollar:
Original post by candide

=/

:zomg: that's awful :console:

I googled the screen machine...better than nothing I suppose? I initially thought it would be like a drive in cinema or something similar :holmes:
SIXTH

BEYOND JEALOUS! :tongue:
BEYOND JEALOUS! :tongue:

I might try and NOT visit Oxford again until the interviews, so as to keep that visit the lucky number seven :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending