The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3300
Original post by medbh4805
:zomg: that's awful :console:

I googled the screen machine...better than nothing I suppose? I initially thought it would be like a drive in cinema or something similar :holmes:

As a cinema its fine, a bit small. Its just very infrequent - in fact they seem to time visits perfectly to coincide with when the films come out on dvd...
Original post by manic_fuzz
Ah you write so eloquently, and mmmm foreign literature :awesome:

And YES! J'aime le subjonctif! Umm... for you... 'ich liebe den konjunktiv?' :s-smilie: (my german is atrocious), but yes, it just sounds so good :smile: I always try slipping a few subjunctives in just for the sake of being difficult :wink: and seriously, who wants to use simple grammar anyway? :tongue:

I get a bit too excited about languages sometimes... yesterday i sent my friend a huge 'OMG!!!!' message just because i recognised loan words in Russian from Sanskrit... :colondollar:

medbh4805, pretending she can speak German when she clearly can't :pierre:
BEYOND JEALOUS! :tongue:

I'm jealous too! :frown: If/hopefully when I go to interviews it will be only my second time visiting Oxford university...

ETA: Better than Cambridge international applicants though! They don't even get an interview at the university. Their first time at the university may very well be after they get an offer! O_O
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by candide
As a cinema its fine, a bit small. Its just very infrequent - in fact they seem to time visits perfectly to coincide with when the films come out on dvd...

ah yeah, sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it? :tongue:
Original post by such_a_lady
I might try and NOT visit Oxford again until the interviews, so as to keep that visit the lucky number seven :tongue:

:tongue: oh my eyes are green with envy! :lol:

Oooh, how could i forget, German has cases :lol: I'm simply terrible :tongue:

Still well done :tongue:
Original post by nightmare91
Still well done :tongue:

*hides in the corner with her bad German*

I know Icelandic swears? :frown:
Original post by punctuation
I'm jealous too! :frown: If/hopefully when I go to interviews it will be only my second time visiting Oxford university...

:') i'll be the same! So you're not alone :tongue:

I think i may have to brush up on my German considering the importance it seems to have in this thread :wink:

ETA: Better than Cambridge international applicants though! They don't even get an interview at the university. Their first time at the university may very well be after they get an offer! O_O

Can't they also choose to visit the uni for interviews? They don't have to do the Skype interview, do they? Couldn't you also choose to do a Skype interview? But I wouldn't do that, would be sooooo weird skyping with a Tutor, and what happens if there are internet connection problems :eek:
:') i'll be the same! So you're not alone :tongue:

I think i may have to brush up on my German considering the importance it seems to have in this thread :wink:

How long does it take from Devon to Oxford?
Reply 3310
:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

I'm seeing it on Sunday then rushing off to London the same afternoon for the start of my Multinational Youth Exchange :biggrin: I'll let you guys know how that goes! Will be visiting OXford for the SIXTH time this year :tongue:

What I don't understand is how you manage to lead such a busy life yet still frequent our little forum more than anyone else bar Julie??!!! =L =P

Good luck on your exchange btw, I've always wanted to do one, but for some reason after 4 years of postal-intercourse (what a phrase) my French penfriend just suddenly decided not to write back in spite of an extra desperate letter of mine...

I guess things just weren't meant to be. =(

ah yeah, sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it? :tongue:

Och, at least the tourists like it...

(sometimes I feel our entire existence on remote rocky islands is predicated on the need to provide Englishmen and Lowlanders with some Heilan windswept novelty)
(edited 12 years ago)
Can't they also choose to visit the uni for interviews? They don't have to do the Skype interview, do they? Couldn't you also choose to do a Skype interview? But I wouldn't do that, would be sooooo weird skyping with a Tutor, and what happens if there are internet connection problems :eek:

That's genau what I think every time someone says they had a Skype interview! My skype is SHOCKING.
:
Oooh, how could i forget, German has cases :lol: I'm simply terrible :tongue:

I was just about to type "Latin and Greek have turned me into a grammar Nazi" then I was like :K:

:getmecoat:
Original post by candide
What I don't understand is how you manage to lead such a busy life yet still frequent our little forum more than anyone else bar Julie??!!! =L =P

Good luck on your exchange btw, I've always wanted to do one, but for some reason after 4 years of postal-intercourse (what a phrase) my French penfriend just suddenly decided not to write back in spite of an extra desperate letter of mine...

I guess things just weren't meant to be. =(

Pssht. I just end up staying up later, I suppose :tongue:

It's not really an exchange for my friend and me; we're just travelling to Ealing every day. Other kids from the EU are coming to stay in London though.

That's sad :frown: I've been to stay with my German exchange twice now, met up with her three times. My new Spanish exchange on the other hand sends me one-word emails...
(edited 12 years ago)
Does anyone know: was it the Aztecs or the Incas who did offerings to the sun gods?
Does anyone know: was it the Aztecs or the Incas who did offerings to the sun gods?

bit random, but I think it's the aztecs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sacrifice_in_Aztec_culture

No, Cambridge apparently has tutors in the different countries. (Well, at least in Toronto, Canada). I find that's boring. True you save time and money by not flying out, but where's the experience of living AND eating at your college, meeting other applicants, usw. (thought I'd jump on the bandwagon)?

:s-smilie:

Yeah I definitely wouldn't do that, it would be so awkward! D: Though if you're really stuck on a question, you can log out and blame it on internet connection problems! :lol:
How long does it take from Devon to Oxford?

mmm a 2 hour bus journey, and then something like a 3 hour train? :s-smilie: well, more probably, because there's always 1 or 2 switches :tongue:

I was just about to type "Latin and Greek have turned me into a grammar Nazi" then I was like :K:

:getmecoat:

:wink: there's nothing wrong with loving perfect grammar! :tongue: I have a book on Latin verbs... it's humungous! They love their grammar! Although... i swear all 'examples' refer to fights and empires, it's a shame, nowhere does it show me how to order a cheeseburger :lol: haha!

My new Spanish exchange on the other hand sends me one-word emails...

JA! :lol:
Seriously considering bringing my new psych textbook to class... not that worried about the weird looks my classmates are bound to give me, more the fact that it's heavy and I already have a chemistry textbook. :frown: I don't have a better time to read it though. I'm finished all my other books, except for crit thinking, and I'm not about to bring that to class! XD I wouldn't be able to concentrate on any of the exercises. :no:
No, Cambridge apparently has tutors in the different countries. (Well, at least in Toronto, Canada). I find that's boring. True you save time and money by not flying out, but where's the experience of living AND eating at your college, meeting other applicants, usw. (thought I'd jump on the bandwagon)?

:s-smilie:

Yeah I definitely wouldn't do that, it would be so awkward! D: Though if you're really stuck on a question, you can log out and blame it on internet connection problems! :lol:

Hahaha that seems like a great idea for Skype interviews :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Or just have a buddy in the room with a second laptop who sends you the right answers on Skype chat :biggrin: But I think the Tutors are aware of that kind of temptation :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending