The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bananabrain
I've agree with your opinion about the epilogue too!

Spoiler

:nods:

Spoiler

Original post by i.am.lost
OMG you didn't get the free tickets at the end???!!!! There were like 4 staff outside the screen and they took our ticket stub and swapped it for a free ticket to see any movie any time. How did you not notice all 500 people gathering around them?? :tongue:

And just to remind you of the agony: https://twitter.com/#!/iam_lost/status/91675363687669760/photo/1

I think I left too quickly! :frown: I just sent an email and see if that gets me anywhere.

Haha, there were quite a few people twittering/posting on Facebook when it happened. Had to love the collective Potterhead anger though! :tongue:
Just watched it in 3d...i feel depressed, it's all over :frown:
The 3d's kinda crap and they could put some more spells in but it's pretty good. The final battle has this lame flying part between Harry and Voldy which just freaked me out...and the end is kinda dumb because they still look like teenagers when they're parents...:lolwut:
But a pretty fantastic end to a pretty fantastic franchise :smile:
Original post by FuzzySheep
I think I left too quickly! :frown: I just sent an email and see if that gets me anywhere.

Haha, there were quite a few people twittering/posting on Facebook when it happened. Had to love the collective Potterhead anger though! :tongue:

Yeah I'd pop in ASAP with your ticket stub, I think the manager will give you a free ticket as they were taking our stubs so if you have your stub then it shows you clearly didn't get a free ticket :smile:

Seriously I thought we were gonna have a riot on our hands lol! And it was funny how many flashes started going off with people posting it on the internet :biggrin:
Reply 1804
I watched part 2 last night, it was absolutely amazing!
Yeah I'd pop in ASAP with your ticket stub, I think the manager will give you a free ticket as they were taking our stubs so if you have your stub then it shows you clearly didn't get a free ticket :smile:

Seriously I thought we were gonna have a riot on our hands lol! And it was funny how many flashes started going off with people posting it on the internet :biggrin:

Ooh, will definitely give that a go then, thanks! :biggrin: Luckily I kept the stub - usually I chuck them away but I kept this one for sentimental value :tongue:

Haha, yeah! That was a very loud collective yell :tongue: Was such a great atmosphere though - it's the first time I've been to something with that many fans and it was really, really lovely. :biggrin:
Ooh, will definitely give that a go then, thanks! :biggrin: Luckily I kept the stub - usually I chuck them away but I kept this one for sentimental value :tongue:

Haha, yeah! That was a very loud collective yell :tongue: Was such a great atmosphere though - it's the first time I've been to something with that many fans and it was really, really lovely. :biggrin:

The atmosphere was amazing! The girl next to me came in with a massive H&M bag and i was looking suspiciously then she proceeded to get out a gown, wizard hat/sorting hat, a variety of wands, and random HP things.

What I loved was the fact everyone was there for the story. Like I'd been to the Twilight midnight screenings and the only whoops were for when the guys were getting naked, so this was miiiles better.
The atmosphere was amazing! The girl next to me came in with a massive H&M bag and i was looking suspiciously then she proceeded to get out a gown, wizard hat/sorting hat, a variety of wands, and random HP things.

What I loved was the fact everyone was there for the story. Like I'd been to the Twilight midnight screenings and the only whoops were for when the guys were getting naked, so this was miiiles better.

That's amazing, haha! I saw a few people in capes and cloaks, and I think one person with a broom! I just drew a scar on my forehead :tongue:

Yeah definitely, which is why it was extra-extra-bad that there were pauses in the film. I wouldn't really know what there is to cheer for in Twilight tbh :tongue: It was pretty cool that everyone was around the same age too, we all grew up with it :')

I really hope the awkward Voldemort hug becomes a "thing" now. That was brilliant.
Reply 1808

Spoiler

(do I really have to spoiler this?)

Spoiler

then again, it's a little strange that harry chose ginny, who looks just like his mum o.O
Reply 1809
Anyone else at leicester square last night?
I was pretty surprised that not many people really dressed up- my friend's costume was insane though, she made bellatrix's death eater mark and made a death eater cloak :redface:

what did everyone do afterwards? our train was at 5am, so we headed to trafalgar square- where there was an amazing comet shower, but I was the only one who saw it :x we went down to buckinham palace afterwards and had some DMC on the fountain- so tranquil at 3am! then we went over to big ben and watched the sunrise from the bridge, with the lights of the london eye reflecting on the thames :') all in all, it was the most perfect night ever.
That's amazing, haha! I saw a few people in capes and cloaks, and I think one person with a broom! I just drew a scar on my forehead :tongue:

Yeah definitely, which is why it was extra-extra-bad that there were pauses in the film. I wouldn't really know what there is to cheer for in Twilight tbh :tongue: It was pretty cool that everyone was around the same age too, we all grew up with it :')

I really hope the awkward Voldemort hug becomes a "thing" now. That was brilliant.

Yeah I felt so out of place dressed in my muggle clothes :biggrin:

And LOL the voldemort hug had me giggling for about 3 minutes, especially the second time around when I got to appreciate the full extent of its awkwardness :rofl:

I was pretty annoyed when the screen froze in the trailers, so when it happened during the film - and at such a climax - I was properly mortified :eek: but still props to Vue at least we got free tickets out of it.....well, some of us did :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by Lumos
(do I really have to spoiler this?)

Spoiler

then again, it's a little strange that harry chose ginny, who looks just like his mum o.O

Freud would be having a field day with this :biggrin:
Yeah I felt so out of place dressed in my muggle clothes :biggrin:

And LOL the voldemort hug had me giggling for about 3 minutes, especially the second time around when I got to appreciate the full extent of its awkwardness :rofl:

I was pretty annoyed when the screen froze in the trailers, so when it happened during the film - and at such a climax - I was properly mortified :eek: but still props to Vue at least we got free tickets out of it.....well, some of us did :tongue:

You technically did dress up, just as a muggle :tongue:

Haha, that was one of the good things about them replaying it! Absolutely loved that bit. And Voldemort's weird laugh when he was talking to Neville, that had me in stitches!

If it was at the beginning I might have been able to forgive it, maybe. I still can't figure out how the freezing was possible! It did honestly ruin the mood for me a bit, but playing it from where they did the second time round was a good idea. I will get that free ticket ASAP :tongue:
SPOILERS,SPOILERS SPOILERS@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Ok, I must admit, it was OK, but they left teensy details out that pissed me off... i.e in the book, Crabbe's Fiendfyre destroyed the Diadem, however in the movie it was the basilisk fang, not much emphasis was put on Molly's duel with Bellatrix, Harry and Voldemort's duel occurred in the Great Hall however in the film it was the courtyard, Ollivander had no idea what the Deathly Hallows were in the book, but in the film he explained them to Harry, in the book, the contents of Bellatrix's vault kept replicating and didn't stop, unlike the movie, there was nothing about Harry and Voldemort jumping off a cliff :s-smilie:. I also wanted a longer McGonagall-Snape duel... I don't know... do y'all agree?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1815
OMG - it was AMAZING!!!! Sure, there were some minor issues with it, but overall I loved it. And, yes, I did cry when Snape died :frown:
Amazing :smile: Cried SO much at the end, and everyone in the cinema got up and clapped at the end! Seen it in 2d but going to go see it again in 3d tomorrow. :biggrin:
Can't wait to watch it in 2D! Have already watched it in 3D.
Original post by Luceria
Can't wait to watch it in 2D! Have already watched it in 3D.

The WB logo picture in your sig. You really do have a knack for having good sigs. :rofl:
********Spoiler:********* DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM (part 2)

Really liked the part when it showed Snape going into the Potter's house, and there's that one moment when there's just Snape, Lily's body and baby Harry crying. Not in the books, but how I always imagined Snape's reaction to Lily's death - obviously he wouldn't be able to attend the funeral, but I knew he just wouldn't have been able to walk away of the only person he ever loved/ ever loved him!

I too thought the Voldemort laugh/ awkward hug was wayy out of character! Anyway, films never get it quite right, Fred, Tonk's and Lupin's deathes were also only briefly shown...but I was already crying by that point about Snape anyway, so I guess they didn't want people to be completely hysterical!

I also thought the Epilogue should be a bit longer, to show more interaction between the kids and more conversation between the adults, just like facial expressions etc/. Thought they showed that a bit quickly - why did they even bother casting some of the kids?lol,

OVERALL, actually an amazing film, great graphics and some of the best performances from everyone involved! The end of an era, I can still remember being taken to see the first film </3 :rolleyes: :')

Can't believe it's all over...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending