The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

I don't want it to be over :'(
Reply 1821
Original post by senator88
Amazing :smile: Cried SO much at the end, and everyone in the cinema got up and clapped at the end! Seen it in 2d but going to go see it again in 3d tomorrow. :biggrin:

SAME!! :woo: Watching it in 3D next week!!

Original post by Niki_girl
********Spoiler:********* DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM (part 2)

Really liked the part when it showed Snape going into the Potter's house, and there's that one moment when there's just Snape, Lily's body and baby Harry crying. Not in the books, but how I always imagined Snape's reaction to Lily's death - obviously he wouldn't be able to attend the funeral, but I knew he just wouldn't have been able to walk away of the only person he ever loved/ ever loved him!

I too thought the Voldemort laugh/ awkward hug was wayy out of character! Anyway, films never get it quite right, Fred, Tonk's and Lupin's deathes were also only briefly shown...but I was already crying by that point about Snape anyway, so I guess they didn't want people to be completely hysterical!

I also thought the Epilogue should be a bit longer, to show more interaction between the kids and more conversation between the adults, just like facial expressions etc/. Thought they showed that a bit quickly - why did they even bother casting some of the kids?lol,

OVERALL, actually an amazing film, great graphics and some of the best performances from everyone involved! The end of an era, I can still remember being taken to see the first film </3 :rolleyes: :')

Can't believe it's all over...

Agreed.

Hermione did not age one bit in the epilogue, I'm guessing she is using some kind of anti-aging spell :smug:

James Potter's hair when he was young - :zomg:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
The WB logo picture in your sig. You really do have a knack for having good sigs. :rofl:

Creepy, I just this minute repped her for her awesome sig. It's like we're on the same wavelength :wink:
Reply 1823
The WB logo picture in your sig. You really do have a knack for having good sigs. :rofl:

My friend was like that - I think she cried in every scene.... o.O

Thanks! :awesome:

Original post by soulofanewmachine
Creepy, I just this minute repped her for her awesome sig. It's like we're on the same wavelength :wink:

Why thank you! Haha. And to answer your question about the Dumbledore scene... The answer is Mike Newell.
Reply 1825
Great film, loved every moment apart from Voldemort's freaky laugh. O_o
Original post by F.I

Agreed.

Hermione did not age one bit in the epilogue, I'm guessing she is using some kind of anti-aging spell :smug:

********Spoiler:********* DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM (part 2)

I know haha!

*awkward Voldemort hug* "well done Draco" :confused: so one minute Voldemort kills one of his followers for saying "My Lord?" then the next he's giving out hugs?

Yeah, they all still looked like 17/18 year olds with 11 year old kids :tongue: but it would have been stupid to cast other actors for that one [ridiculously short] scene!

Also! Voldemort's laugh made me laugh and it was one of the most tense moments of the film, the situation wasn't funny but that laugh really was, or maybe it was just too random for the scene it happened in.

I really wanted to see more of "The Prince's Tale" but I'm a bit obsessed with that...I just wanted to see some of the part which explained Petunia with the letter she wrote to Dumbledore or something, or a scene with the three of them at the park...
(edited 12 years ago)
please attach a spoiler to your post
I know haha!

*awkward Voldemort hug* "well done Draco" :confused: so one minute Voldemort kills one of his followers for saying "My Lord?" then the next he's giving out hugs?

Yeah, they all still looked like 17/18 year olds with 11 year old kids :tongue: but it would have been stupid to cast other actors for that one [ridiculously short] scene!

Also! Voldemort's laugh made me laugh and it was one of the most tense moments of the film, the situation wasn't funny but that laugh really was, or maybe it was just too random for the scene it happened in.

I really wanted to see more of "The Prince's Tale" but I'm a bit obsessed with that...I just wanted to see some of the part which explained Petunia with the letter she wrote to Dumbledore or something, or a scene with the three of them at the park...

The Prince's Tale was beautifully made. It's my favourite chapter of the book. And I'm a big fan of the Snape and Lily relationship. Not in a romantic way, but I find them very interesting. It's difficult to have memories in films, I know that. But I was somewhat disappointed. I really wanted more young Snape and Lily. Better than nothing though!
Original post by TobeTheHero
please attach a spoiler to your post

Remind me how again! Or shall I just write it?
Original post by F.I

Agreed.

Haha, we are too cool :biggrin:
Reply 1831
I know haha!

:rofl: I know....:biggrin: A very cringe worthy moment...I bet it made the other death eaters jealous though xD

They did a good job with Ron and Ginny's character, lol they went too far with Draco *_*

I know, it did feel rushed, but I guess they had so much to fit in. I thought the young Snape was soo adorable! Poor old snape....

Imagine if they did all of this in one movie....
(edited 12 years ago)
Yes, those irked me somewhat too but they can't fit everything in :smile:.

I thought it was generally a spectacular visual feast! :colone:.
Reply 1833
Original post by senator88
Haha, we are too cool :biggrin:

They see me rollin', they hatin', patrolling they tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty......
Original post by F.I

I know, it did feel rushed, but I guess they had so much to fit in. I thought the young Snape was soo adorable! Poor old snape....

Imagine if they did all of this in one movie....

My head would have exploded if Deathly Hallows Part 1 & 2 was all one film! :eek:

I feel like the earlier films have a much slower/ less action-y plots, but are deeper, more about character development - the later films are more about the fight and/or kiss scenes and loads more drama!

But still, Snape :frown:, it's like reading the book all over again! RIP!
Reply 1835
Sorry, I'm just still laughing when McGonagall says "I've always wanted to use that spell!"
did any of you see it in 3D? what was it like in terms of the 3D aspects? was it more meh than spectacular 3D effects, done for the sake of being 3D or is it really effective?
Original post by FuzzySheep
You technically did dress up, just as a muggle :tongue:

Haha, that was one of the good things about them replaying it! Absolutely loved that bit. And Voldemort's weird laugh when he was talking to Neville, that had me in stitches!

If it was at the beginning I might have been able to forgive it, maybe. I still can't figure out how the freezing was possible! It did honestly ruin the mood for me a bit, but playing it from where they did the second time round was a good idea. I will get that free ticket ASAP :tongue:

Oh I laughed out loud at that!

I wish I could go to Hogwarts! :sad:
Reply 1838
My head would have exploded if Deathly Hallows Part 1 & 2 was all one film! :eek:

I feel like the earlier films have a much slower/ less action-y plots, but are deeper, more about character development - the later films are more about the fight and/or kiss scenes and loads more drama!

But still, Snape :frown:, it's like reading the book all over again! RIP!

I'm going to start reading the books again - (why not I thought)! The movies are great, but are small meat compared to the books!

I loved how they put scenes from the 1st movie in it :biggrin:

If I were Lily, I would have gone for Snape, but then there would be no Harry :frown:
A true spectacle of British Cinema...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending