The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sweetchilli
Bloody hell...and I thought Beska was a sister not a brother! Thanks for clearing that up... :eek:

:toofunny:

Just going to make sure you realise I'm a guy too :fyi:

Beska
x

Just thought I'd let you know it's happened again.. sweetchilli thought you were female :rofl:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
:toofunny:

Just going to make sure you realise I'm a guy too :fyi:

You have the male symbol beside your name so easy... brother Beska on the other hand...nada... asexual? lol...
You have the male symbol beside your name so easy... brother Beska on the other hand...nada... asexual? lol...

:lol:

Don't think he's asexual AFAIK... he'll be here when he's done all the reading probably :colone:

Don't think he's asexual AFAIK... he'll be here when he's done all the reading probably :colone:

you looking forward to September. What is your start date? Glasgow is the 14th. :biggrin: Just a wee thing to get out of the road before then... (thesis)... :frown:
you looking forward to September. What is your start date? Glasgow is the 14th. :biggrin: Just a wee thing to get out of the road before then... (thesis)... :frown:

Can't wait!! Just another 9 weeks or so of work then I'm unemployed and can look forward to actually using my brain again :teeth:

Start on the 19th.. though that's freshers fortnight so probably won't be doing too much academically that first couple of weeks :erm:

You get to move in before me.. lucky :grumble:

thesis? :colondollar:

thesis? :colondollar:

for my MRes... thankfully my offer was unconditional but really need to get it submitted by end of the month so can have a month of chilling and golfing before the hard work begins... :wink:
Reply 2706
Original post by penguinsaysquack

Don't think he's asexual afaik... He'll be here when he's done all the reading probably :e

OH COME ON.

Twice in a day?!
Original post by Beska
OH COME ON.

Twice in a day?!

Brother beska, how did you become a moderator?

I iz impressed. :colondollar:
Reply 2708
Original post by firestar101
Brother beska, how did you become a moderator?

I iz impressed. :colondollar:

Hygeia asked me. :p:
Reply 2709
Original post by atomos
gap yearrrrr!
gonna try get a job as an auxiliary nurse, save up my pennies and try again.
Already booked myself in for the aberdeen and glasgow open days :')

hiya...im in a same boat as u...im trying find a job as a HCA but no luck so far...So what unis are u considering to applying to?
Reply 2710
Original post by tiggix
So, having now officially come through the UCAS 2011 cycle with zero offers :frown: I am starting to contemplate the hidious task of reapplying for 2012 entry.

I figure I will always regret settling for something like Biomedical Sciences (applying through UCAS Extra or clearing) after only giving medicine one shot.

Anyone else in the same boat?
Where did you apply previously? Where are you considering for next year? Do tell.

As I couldn't find a thread for this topic, figured I'd start one.

In the same boat as u...applied to Cambridge, Leciester, Cardiff and Peninsula last time...What ABout YoU?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2711
Hello everyone!
I am a medical reject and reapplying this oct.
So what are you guys dong in the gap year?
Reply 2712
YAYYY, I think I have a job :biggrin::biggrin:

Say hello to University Hospitals Brimingham's newest Bank Auxiliary :biggrin:
Original post by twelve
YAYYY, I think I have a job :biggrin::biggrin:

Say hello to University Hospitals Brimingham's newest Bank Auxiliary :biggrin:

Congrats!

Though save celebrations till it's confirmed maybe :erm:
Reply 2714
Congrats!

Though save celebrations till it's confirmed maybe :erm:

Thankyouu :smile:

Yeahh, its all very odd. I went for the interview nearly a month ago, and heard nothing back, so assumed that meant no. But now I have a letter from occupational health about my new post, and when I called, apparently they emailed and I didn't turn up for the CRB completion meeting. So now they're going to resend the email to me, and hopefully, it'll all be fine.
Reply 2715
Hi,
I'm finding hard to get any kind of job let alone a medically related one! I'm a reapplicant (applied to Bristol, Liverpool, Nottingham and St Georges). I'm so worried about getting the grades :/ I'm going to start volunteering at the local Hospice to fill in time before I can get a job. I did loads of WE for the last application but not that much volunteering. How much extra do you think they expect us to have done by the time we apply? I'm hating going all through this again- How is everyone else feeling?
Original post by twelve
Thankyouu :smile:

Yeahh, its all very odd. I went for the interview nearly a month ago, and heard nothing back, so assumed that meant no. But now I have a letter from occupational health about my new post, and when I called, apparently they emailed and I didn't turn up for the CRB completion meeting. So now they're going to resend the email to me, and hopefully, it'll all be fine.

Sounds like you got the job then!
Normally either they get you to do the CRB before the interview or they get you to do it when they offer you the post so hopefully congratulations are in order.

I hope you got it :yy:

Original post by DDSB
Hi,
I'm finding hard to get any kind of job let alone a medically related one! I'm a reapplicant (applied to Bristol, Liverpool, Nottingham and St Georges). I'm so worried about getting the grades :/ I'm going to start volunteering at the local Hospice to fill in time before I can get a job. I did loads of WE for the last application but not that much volunteering. How much extra do you think they expect us to have done by the time we apply? I'm hating going all through this again- How is everyone else feeling?

Just as much so that you can reflect about the experiences properly :yep:

Did you get feedback from the medical schools about why you were rejected?
Reply 2717

I only had interviews at Liverpool and St Georges- Liverpool said that my personal statement wasn't as competitive in the non-academic areas and St Georges said they don't give feedback. Bristol said I didn't score as highly in there points system to be interviewed (I think it was probably to do with grades). Are you a re-applicant? What are you doing in your gap year? :smile::smile:
Original post by DDSB

I only had interviews at Liverpool and St Georges- Liverpool said that my personal statement wasn't as competitive in the non-academic areas and St Georges said they don't give feedback. Bristol said I didn't score as highly in there points system to be interviewed (I think it was probably to do with grades). Are you a re-applicant? What are you doing in your gap year? :smile::smile:

If you got to the interview stage at Liverpool then surely your PS must have been alright? :dontknow:
What was the 4th one? :ninja:

I've almost finished being a reapplicant.. at the end of the gap year now :woo:
I did some more work experience back before december then spent a month or so preparing for interviews, then poo'd (better follow swear filter rules too I guess :lol:) myself for over a month whilst waiting to hear the result of that.. and now just working in my 3 jobs (and modding you lot :colone:)

Oh yeah also been doing what I called my 'UK Tour' where I was visiting friends at their unis' and spending time there so I could catch up with them and have a bit of fun in the uni experience :cheers:
I'd recommend this.. a lot cheaper than travelling abroad if money is a problem - only have to pay for travel and food/drink - but you need to be able to sleep on a floor/pass out on a floor :erm:

You got anything planned yet? :h:
Reply 2719

If you got to the interview stage at Liverpool then surely your PS must have been alright? :dontknow:
What was the 4th one? :ninja:

I've almost finished being a reapplicant.. at the end of the gap year now :woo:
I did some more work experience back before december then spent a month or so preparing for interviews, then poo'd (better follow swear filter rules too I guess :lol:) myself for over a month whilst waiting to hear the result of that.. and now just working in my 3 jobs (and modding you lot :colone:)

Oh yeah also been doing what I called my 'UK Tour' where I was visiting friends at their unis' and spending time there so I could catch up with them and have a bit of fun in the uni experience :cheers:
I'd recommend this.. a lot cheaper than travelling abroad if money is a problem - only have to pay for travel and food/drink - but you need to be able to sleep on a floor/pass out on a floor :erm:

You got anything planned yet? :h:

I know- that's what I thought from Liverpool although they didn't say much about the interview! Although they said i'm on their waiting list so I think it might be worth ringing them if i get the results on results day. The fourth was Nottingham and I didn't get an interview ( I think it's the points thing again).
I'm just volunteering with a hospice and still trying to find a job. I also need to do the ukcat again :s-smilie:
The 'UK Tour' sounds exactly like what I have in mind!!:biggrin: Definitely gives me a chance to have a bit of fun away from home at uni and dream that I will be there the following year :eek: Did you have any interviews the first time you applied. How did they compare to after the gap year?
So where did you apply and did you get an offer? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending