The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wednesday Bass
Took your time! I went home on Wednesday.

Finished my exams on Wednesday, then attended the friend's birthday and final FND on friday, got round to leaving today :p: I miss Loughborough already though :frown:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by aliceart92

Original post by aliceart92
Hey, I'm doing the Art Foundation at loughborough, applied for my accommodation this morning and got en-suite at cayley. Anyone else going there or does anyone know much about it?

Hey, i've just finished my first year and am the media rep for cayley. It is such a good hall with an amazing atmosphere and you'll love it. If you have any questions just send me a pm. I'm going to update the website with some pictures of the rooms so you can get a better look. Also have a look around on some youtube videos and search cayley hall.

The freshers this year will be nurses and doctors themed and i will also put on the website the line-up for the freshers fortnight when it all gets confirmed.
Original post by Phobia27
I miss Loughborough already though :frown:

:cry:
Reply 783
Original post by mollymoo

Original post by mollymoo
Royce Ensuite! Anyone else going to Royce?

Hey Molly, I lived in a royce ensuite room and I loveddddd it!! I had the best year of my life!! Check out the fb page...

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_121438574600595

It's definately the friendliest hall, most accepting, the most caring and the most fun! They also have lots going on that doesn't just involved alcohol and crazy antics :smile: I'm coming back next year I liked it so much! What course are you doing? x
Reply 784
HEyyy allll any one from Forest court? I am coming this year to forest court. i will be studying Msc Sport Management.
I heard forest court doesnot participate in IMS?
Reply 785
just paid my deposit for my billmo room. now its definitely mine come september :biggrin:
Reply 786
Did everyone get those scholarship applications? i mean, if you do a science maths or engineering course. it seems like they give a lot of preference to people from disadvantaged backgrounds or if your parents didnt go to university. does this mean i wont be in with a shot even if i already have the grades?
Original post by babyinks
just paid my deposit for my billmo room. now its definitely mine come september :biggrin:

About to do mine in a minute. Got through my Medical Centre Registration and Registration Forms today.
Reply 788
Does anyone know if you are able to swap rooms once you have reserved one?? I have rigg-rutt at the moment but really want to swap to bill mo!!
Original post by vbahra
Does anyone know if you are able to swap rooms once you have reserved one?? I have rigg-rutt at the moment but really want to swap to bill mo!!

Very very unlikely that Bill Mo will have any spaces at all.
Reply 790
The teaching year commences on Monday 3 October 2010. You will be asked to move into your accommodation on Tuesday 27, Wednesday 28 or Thursday 29 September, depending on what Hall you are allocated.

You will be informed of your specific arrival date when you receive your accommodation information and you will be asked to book an arrival time online.

There will be a programme of social and academic induction events that week to help you settle in and details of these will be included in your registration pack or sent to you directly by the Students Union and your academic department.

The full term dates for the coming academic year are:

Autumn Term: 3 October 2011 16 December 2011
Spring Term: 16 January 2012 16 March 2012
Summer Term: 16 April 2012 22 June 2012

I got this in an email. does this mean freshers is only a few days? because i go there on the 29th of september. Or does freshers go on still from thr 3rd to the 9th?
Reply 791
Original post by Sawwah
The teaching year commences on Monday 3 October 2010. You will be asked to move into your accommodation on Tuesday 27, Wednesday 28 or Thursday 29 September, depending on what Hall you are allocated.

You will be informed of your specific arrival date when you receive your accommodation information and you will be asked to book an arrival time online.

There will be a programme of social and academic induction events that week to help you settle in and details of these will be included in your registration pack or sent to you directly by the Students Union and your academic department.

The full term dates for the coming academic year are:

Autumn Term: 3 October 2011 16 December 2011
Spring Term: 16 January 2012 16 March 2012
Summer Term: 16 April 2012 22 June 2012

I got this in an email. does this mean freshers is only a few days? because i go there on the 29th of september. Or does freshers go on still from thr 3rd to the 9th?

Freshers is still 2 weeks, but you have lectures the monday then the next monday and i think when freshers finish you have proper lectures
Freshers is still 2 weeks, but you have lectures the monday then the next monday and i think when freshers finish you have proper lectures

Sawwah

Spoiler

Basically you have the Tues/Weds/Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun to party without lectures (so the lucky ones get to move in on the Tuesday as they get two more days than those who move in on Thursday) then proper lectures do actually kick in on the Monday (but with freshers week well on its way throughout this week) - so you learn quickly to get used to late nights with early starts (or end up missing all your introductory lectures - which also involves picking modules),
Reply 793
Original post by Melting Sugar.
the proper lectures do actually kick in on the Monday (but with freshers week well on its way throughout this week) - so you learn quickly to get used to late nights with early starts (or end up missing all your introductory lectures - which also involves picking modules),

I thought the modules were compulsory??? Or can you choose extra modules??
Reply 794

so do you only have lectures on the mondays for two weeks? or is it throughout the whole week?

And one thing i've been wondering. for robert baekwell, do you get an actual key to lock your room or a key card? and is it easy to lock yourself out of your room if you walk out, shut the door and leave your key inside?

or do you have to lock it, rather than it doing it automatically?
Original post by Sawwah

And one thing i've been wondering. for robert baekwell, do you get an actual key to lock your room or a key card? and is it easy to lock yourself out of your room if you walk out, shut the door and leave your key inside?
It's an actual key, not a card. You get one key for your room and another for the main door to your flat. You can't lock yourself out of your room by leaving the key inside, but you can with the front door to the flat.
Reply 796
Original post by Sawwah
so do you only have lectures on the mondays for two weeks? or is it throughout the whole week?

or do you have to lock it, rather than it doing it automatically?

I thought was just a monday for 2 weeks cos thats what it said on some rig-rutt freshers thing last year, but the guy above said there are lectures to pick modules so i dunno. Ill ask my brother cos hes doing aero-eng there

And to lock door, you have lock the door from the outside so theres no way to lock yourself in

and i think bakewell has a keycard but im not 100%
Reply 797
Original post by Potally_Tissed
It's an actual key, not a card. You get one key for your room and another for the main door to your flat. You can't lock yourself out of your room by leaving the key inside, but you can with the front door to the flat.

Is that for all the halls? Cos im gonna be in billmo but was wondering if its the same. Also, can you lock yourself out of you floor? Or is the floor door unlocked?
Is that for all the halls? Cos im gonna be in billmo but was wondering if its the same. Also, can you lock yourself out of you floor? Or is the floor door unlocked?

I'm not aware of any hall that uses a card instead of a key. Some use your student ID card to get into your block, but your flat and room still use actual keys, unless they've changed it in the last year but given how new the hall is I really doubt that.

Don't know how it works in Bill Mo.
Reply 799
Original post by Potally_Tissed
I'm not aware of any hall that uses a card instead of a key. Some use your student ID card to get into your block, but your flat and room still use actual keys, unless they've changed it in the last year but given how new the hall is I really doubt that.

Don't know how it works in Bill Mo.

O ok. I find that weird cos i thought only old buildings at uni have keys and everywhere else uses a card (its like that at others ive been to)

And guess ill have to wait until i get there to find out.

But do you know when we get told whereabouts we'll be living? Like do we get an email saying its in F block or do we only find out on the day?

Latest

Trending

Trending