The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by highopes
Just wondering if those were your scores or national averages? If N.A's,then the higher QR score is prob the reason they took away the manual calculator, i.e., online calc so fiddly have to rely more on mental arithmatic this year..? OK so it's just a conspiracy theory, but..

Pearson VUE have changed from 'manual' calculators to virtual ones so-to-speak?

Trust me... the manual ones were hard enough to use :grumble:
Reply 5681
Original post by Nator
I've only done all the AR, ain't started the rest haha any sections you recommend I should go for next? And ditto here about the AR

Any section would do, I had started with QR because it was at the start of the book, but usually I do a few exercises in one section and then move on to a different one.
Original post by AlisonP
Is anyone else not doing UKCAT? I'm just going to do the BMAT. I'm probably applying to 2 universities that use BMAT and 2 that don't use any test.

Let me guess, Birmingham, Cambridge, UCL and Bristol?
Reply 5683
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

It is awesome! :fyi:

I applied mainly because of the course, I like the way it's systematic but it's a spiral curriculum so things are recovered which supposedly makes things easier for finals (wouldn't know about that yet though of course :tongue:)
I'm also a big fan of the proposed PBLs.. speaking to some of the current medics on the BATL thread I found out a bit about how things are done and they reckon the PBL is done really well.. with it being a case of you've-learnt-this-in-lectures-now-go-away-and-think-about-it-in-a-clinical-setting-which-is-what-you-will-do-when-you-graduate rather than here's-something-you've-never-heard-of-now-go-away-and-wikipedia-it-the-night-before

Yeah I managed to get an offer so I'll be stalking the BATL 2012 thread when the time comes to see how you all get along and provide some advice if I can :yep:

Yeah, I like the spiral curriculum bit. I'd hate to just sit in lectures all day, getting a numb bum. :tongue: Do you know how many people there are in a year?

And you best be stalking the BATL 2012 thread :mmm:
Reply 5684
Original post by cz100
Any section would do, I had started with QR because it was at the start of the book, but usually I do a few exercises in one section and then move on to a different one.

Ta
Reply 5685
Original post by Straight up G
Let me guess, Birmingham, Cambridge, UCL and Bristol?

Not quite! 3 out of 4!
How is everybody revising for the UKCAT. Are you just doing the questions or what?
Original post by AlisonP
Not quite! 3 out of 4!

Was Bristol the one that's wrong?
Original post by sablarrr
Yeah, I like the spiral curriculum bit. I'd hate to just sit in lectures all day, getting a numb bum. :tongue: Do you know how many people there are in a year?

And you best be stalking the BATL 2012 thread :mmm:

Haha :colonhash:

Yeah there's roughly 200 medics per year (then 50 more grad entry and no idea about dentists :plz2:)

Don't worry, I'll be watching :colone:
Reply 5689
Original post by Straight up G
Was Bristol the one that's wrong?

No, Cambridge.
Reply 5690
what universities don't place emphasis on gcses?
Original post by brionyak

Manchester really didn't on mine.
Reply 5692
Original post by Ilovemybaby
Manchester really didn't on mine.

Grats on your offer :biggrin:
Original post by Nator
Grats on your offer :biggrin:

Thank you. I'm really excited.

Where are you going? :smile:
Original post by brionyak

Newcastle dont mind Bs in maths and English
Reply 5695
Thank you. I'm really excited.

Where are you going? :smile:

No problem and as you should be :smile:

And no idea haha applying this year :tongue:
Original post by Nator
No problem and as you should be :smile:

And no idea haha applying this year :tongue:

Oh crap sorry! Paha.

Where do you want to go?
Reply 5697
Oh crap sorry! Paha.

Where do you want to go?

No problem haha

And applying for Cambridge, Imperial, Kings (if my UKCAT goes well) and 4th option would be based again probably on UKCAT :smile:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Seriously? :zomg:

Tell him to apply to BATL, guarenteed interview there :yep:

Don't mean to be a *****, but which school is BATL? Googleing it didn't help me :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5699
Original post by Limesasquatch
Don't mean to be a b*itch, but which school is BATL? Googleing it didn't help me :frown:

Barts And The London haha :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending