The Student Room Group

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TotoMimo
I'm also a bit concerned. Would everyone post how they're getting on just so I know we're all okay?

i thought i was doing great, i thought i could focus on eating healthily and leave it behind.

i know it sounds stupid but now i don't know what i want, i feel confused i'm scared i'll miss that thing in my head and i'll be lost without it. i don't know what to say i just feel stuck.

i really don't want to go for my blood test either i'm too scared :frown: plus i woke up this morning and my chest was killing me and it felt like breathing was a struggle - really don't know why

i'm hoping for another change of heart, i just want to work out what i want and stick to it because battling against it is hard i'm trying to do 'the right thing' logically i know what that is, but then theres just this part that tells me different.
Yayyyy go soul!!!! You rock :smile: :hugs: And you're a mod! :biggrin:
Reply 1182
Original post by diamonddust
So proud of you! :jumphug: Best of luck with the surgery- nothing major I hope? Take care of yourself and I wish you a speedy recovery!
xxxx

Thank youu :smile: It was fine, the surgery I had does classify as 'major' but it wasn't too bad, a couple of complications and severe dizziness but I'm getting better now :smile: (Sorry for being so vague, don't want to be specific as it's a pretty rare operation and I don't want people to recognise me lol :rolleyes: )

Hope everyone's well, I've been kind of lurking but not really as I haven't been able to read for long without losing my balance and falling sideways lol. I'm kind of like when you have a baby learning to balance and you have to surround them with cushions in case they topple over :colondollar: Won't go into all the eating crap post-surgery but I think I handled it better than I have done with previous operations/hospital stays so I guess that's good? The nurses were all aware of my ED this time so they were more tactful, kept an eye on me and made sure I ate at least one meal a day, if not two. Don't know if this is spoilery at all but anyway

Spoiler

Is custard okay, anyone heard from her?
Original post by Kebabbi

Is custard okay, anyone heard from her?

Yay :smile: PM'd custard on... thurs iirc. Haven't yet recieved a response. I'm not normally one to be an optimist, but I'm hoping she's doing so well food wise & getting on well with the other people there that she's having so much fun she doesn't have enough hours in the day to update us/ doesn't need us atm.

instead of the reverse happening and the reason she's not about is because she's not allowed/able to.
It might be that she is trying to distance herself from us, to distance herself further from the ED.

I know it might suck not exactly knowing, but if it is this I would be so happy and proud anyway!
Reply 1185
I agree that if it's working for her to stay away from here, then I wholeheartedly endorse she keeps it up! As for you guys; I know we all have blips but I beam with pride that you have the face, pride and strength to come on here and post regardless.

I for one have had an incredibly difficult couple of weeks. Having to consume more than 2000 calories, I have also hit the drink a bit too. I'm obviously a bit of a lightweight; a couple of beers KOs me, really - but the fact is, I'm using it to dull my mind in order to allow me to say "come on now, you've not made up your calories today. Get it down ya, boy!" (said like the chocolate Weetabix dog in that creepy voice, of course).

Spoiler

Looking forward to seeing a recent pic :smile:
Reply 1187
I agree that if it's working for her to stay away from here, then I wholeheartedly endorse she keeps it up! As for you guys; I know we all have blips but I beam with pride that you have the face, pride and strength to come on here and post regardless.

I for one have had an incredibly difficult couple of weeks. Having to consume more than 2000 calories, I have also hit the drink a bit too. I'm obviously a bit of a lightweight; a couple of beers KOs me, really - but the fact is, I'm using it to dull my mind in order to allow me to say "come on now, you've not made up your calories today. Get it down ya, boy!" (said like the chocolate Weetabix dog in that creepy voice, of course).

Spoiler

:hugs: I know how difficult it is to get over that first 'tummy stage' of gaining weight, but as loads of people (probably you included!) have posted on here before, it's just your body jumping in to recover your organs before you start to gain weight more generally. After you've put on a bit more weight, the 'jelly-like' feeling will actually start to go down because your stomach will remember how to work properly! Personally I always find that a difficult stage but it's worth it once you're through :redface:

Hope you're well in yourself and everything :smile:
http://caloriecount.about.com/aim-gain-guide-weight-whatever-reason-ft139174

Thought I should post this forum/article. Offers quite a bit of advice and reassurance if people get worried about what is happening to their bodies.
Original post by Antiaris
http://caloriecount.about.com/aim-gain-guide-weight-whatever-reason-ft139174

Thought I should post this forum/article. Offers quite a bit of advice and reassurance if people get worried about what is happening to their bodies.

That's an amazing article.

Toto :hugs: All I can do is echo what Kebabbi has said.
Just saw this on the calorie count forum and it made sense to me.

'As long as you put your all into it and stop thinking in ways like "I used to weigh much lower". It's like saying "I have a deadly disease, but the symptoms were much more severe yesterday. I probably don't need to get medicine". If you're still sick, you're still sick. Be ambitious and determined. Your decision is to either get help in order to change, or to change.'
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi, I'm cautious about posting on here as the past few messages have been so positive and so they should be with really good recoveries being made. This thread really touched me. In fact made me quite emotional.
I suppose I wanted to post just to say I am in recovery. Not having told anyone but my parents I guess being on the internet makes the truth a lot easier to say.
Spoiler tells some more details.

Spoiler

I hope this post was aright and if you want to delete it that’s fine
I think you should all carry on your great work :smile: x
It's so touching that this thread has generated so many positive responses. As someone who has an eating disorder it really is overwhelming to see such positivity.
I think you should carry on with your great work too. If you feel this thread will help you, post again. You don't need to remain anonymous. If you just wanted to post this one time to get it off your chest. WELL DONE.

Don't worry too much about the weight. True recovery would be to disconnect from that entire mentality of 'weight.'

Relax around food, relax around yourself. You are a wondrous person for simply trying to SEEK help as so many people try to hide it. You can manage this.
Reply 1193
Thank you so much for your words of reason... sometimes the simplest of sentiments can make all the difference. It's true - food is medication. But even with the olanzepine and fluoxetene and biphosphites and twocals and fortisips etc in the world, I'm still bursting out of my head with anxiety. But like I said, just a kick in the right direction is all I need.

Spoiler

True recovery would be to disconnect from that entire mentality of 'weight.'

Thank you for posting this - I hadn't realised that the language I had used pointed this message. Perhaps this shows this shows I have more to work on?

Toto - You are very inspirational in being so open about your problems. It takes a lot of courage to show something is wrong.
x
Thank you so much for your words of reason... sometimes the simplest of sentiments can make all the difference. It's true - food is medication. But even with the olanzepine and fluoxetene and biphosphites and twocals and fortisips etc in the world, I'm still bursting out of my head with anxiety. But like I said, just a kick in the right direction is all I need.

Spoiler

I know it might be an odd thing to say but you have really intelligent eyes. :hmmmm:

And dunnay worry 'bout anything boy. Gran's don't really know what to say but they always have the best meaning in heart. They don't seem to understand that getting better is actually the terrifying bit for us!

Spoiler

If you ever get anxious, we are here. Remember, even if you can't see us, the wifi signals being streamed through the air that are travelling through your head will be carrying our messages of support.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Your Gran means well, I'm sure. You look fantastic, I know you don't believe it now but you will one day. You deserve to be happy and healthy :smile:

Original post by squiff93

Spoiler

Can you elaborate please? :frown: PM me if you need to talk to someone.
Reply 1198
Original post by Antiaris
I know it might be an odd thing to say but you have really intelligent eyes. :hmmmm:

And dunnay worry 'bout anything boy. Gran's don't really know what to say but they always have the best meaning in heart. They don't seem to understand that getting better is actually the terrifying bit for us!

Spoiler

If you ever get anxious, we are here. Remember, even if you can't see us, the wifi signals being streamed through the air that are travelling through your head will be carrying our messages of support.

I kind of know what you mean about the intelligent eyes... :colondollar:

Also know what you mean about your Gran :frown: I have friends who are like that to me, they think it's helpful but actually I kind of need them to say 'no actually that's not enough' instead of being so bloody delicate lol :tongue: My grandma is anorexic and if my granddad or any of her sons or grandsons eat anything more than she can allow herself to eat she tuts and goes 'ooh, piggy boy, piggy' but fortunately she would never say that to me! Must be tough for you, :hugs:

I'm having a weird day, literally cannot motivate myself to eat! I've decided I want to gain weight by the time I start uni, absolutely, but I just keep putting it off... I don't want to be this thin any more and there's loads of food in our house which I like and which is 'safe' but I just can't actually get up and eat any. Every time I go to the kitchen I just come back with another glass of water... ughh.

Spoiler

Original post by Kebabbi

Spoiler

I suppose you'd google piccies of Jess Ennis, and other athletey peoples?

Quick Reply

Latest