The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by candide
I'm assuming its not £60 per night out?? :eek:

I thought out here was bad - it costs me £10-£15 just to get where I'm going. A good night out (if you're drinking) will set you back like £30-£40...

(because the place is so small and hence there'll only be one thing on per saturday night, they can get away with charging exorberantly at the door)

Oh no no no, just the bus fares! It's £3 each way, but i easily get a lift home :tongue: Oh my! I can't go to (the only) night-club because y'know... underage, well, i say that, anyone gets in but it's really skanky, people usually have beach/field parties... and my mummy buys me my alcohol :redface:

Original post by punctuation
Look what I did with my time... (the photos at the top of my facebook page)

YOU WORK AT TORCHWOOD?! So jealous :wink:
Yes, it's good advice :wink:

Haha thanks :tongue:

My so-called 'sweet 16th' birthday party is next weekend. I've only invited 7 people, and it's not a party so much as a 'come to my house and we'll eat' meeting. xD I'm a total teenage anti-stereotype. :colondollar:

Nah, it doesnt always have to be a "sweet 16" party like on MTV, that's overrated anyways :tongue:. Celebrate with people that you actually like, whether that's 7 or 75 people. And eating always sounds great :biggrin:
Reply 3402

My so-called 'sweet 16th' birthday party is next weekend. I've only invited 7 people, and it's not a party so much as a 'come to my house and we'll eat' meeting. xD I'm a total teenage anti-stereotype. :colondollar:

If I remember last year correctly I had my Physics Exam on my 16th birthday. The exam was done by 2 and then I had to rush home for my cousin's wedding, which was cool because, it being my birthday, everyone decided they liked me and bought me a drink. =D

Original post by manic_fuzz
Oh no no no, just the bus fares! It's £3 each way, but i easily get a lift home :tongue: Oh my! I can't go to (the only) night-club because y'know... underage, well, i say that, anyone gets in but it's really skanky, people usually have beach/field parties... and my mummy buys me my alcohol :redface:

Ha, we don't have a nightclub. We just have a bunch of halls - it being the heilans, we have ceilidh bands(!) playing. It sounds lame but they're actually really good. =L

Yeah, there's nothing better than throwing a tent up, building a bonfire, and partying on a beach! =D
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by candide
If I remember last year correctly I had my Physics Exam on my 16th birthday. The exam was done by 2 and then I had to rush home for my cousin's wedding, which was cool because, it being my birthday, everyone decided they liked me and bought me a drink. =D

Last year no one knew it was my birthday and I just went to class as usual. It was very ordinary. :lol:

YOU WORK AT TORCHWOOD?! So jealous :wink:

:/ I only bring coffee to some of the staff, I never get to meet Captain Jack or anyone cool.

:tongue:
Reply 3404
Last year no one knew it was my birthday and I just went to class as usual. It was very ordinary. :lol:

Aw that's sad. :frown: Surely your friends wished you happy birthday?
Look what I did with my time... (the photos at the top of my facebook page)

I once tagged a few of my friends so that the top of their profile read "I just lost the game". :biggrin:

I think I may win the worst-birthday competition: my 17th is on Kol Nidrei, which is the start of Yom Kippur, the most solemn day in the Jewish year and the start of a 25-hour fast. Fun times.

Phia7 (forgotten your real name, sorry), what kind of feminist are you (assuming you are one)? I'm a sort of in-between one. Have you ever read blog.iblamethepatriarchy.com? The author is very funny, even if she's a tad extreme for my tastes.
Original post by candide
Aw that's sad. :frown: Surely your friends wished you happy birthday?

Oh they did but that day in summer class I decided not to tell anyone... the next day of course they were outraged :tongue:
Original post by anyone_can_fly
I once tagged a few of my friends so that the top of their profile read "I just lost the game". :biggrin:

I think I may win the worst-birthday competition: my 17th is on Kol Nidrei, which is the start of Yom Kippur, the most solemn day in the Jewish year and the start of a 25-hour fast. Fun times.

Phia7 (forgotten your real name, sorry), what kind of feminist are you (assuming you are one)? I'm a sort of in-between one. Have you ever read blog.iblamethepatriarchy.com? The author is very funny, even if she's a tad extreme for my tastes.

HAHA that's brilliant! :biggrin:DD

Aww... :frown:
Reply 3408
:lol: With the X Oxford is nothing... O.o
and really? I find fallen sky so much more creative and accessible to those of us who don't have the gift of flight :tongue:

At best a shadow of it's former glory, yes.

Possibly, but when it's fallen it gets in the way of day to day life, plus the small matter of it crushing us all to death (based on the Asterix model of the galaxy more than the currently accepted one, of course :tongue:)
From passiveaggresivenotes...

"This physics lesson was posted in the communal kitchen of Oxford University’s department of psychiatry."

:lol: Thought this was relevant!
Original post by candide
Ha, we don't have a nightclub. We just have a bunch of halls - it being the heilans, we have ceilidh bands(!) playing. It sounds lame but they're actually really good. =L

Yeah, there's nothing better than throwing a tent up, building a bonfire, and partying on a beach! =D

I had to Google those Ceilidh Bands :s-smilie: They look better than dubstep at least! :tongue:
And yeah ahah, i remember once me and my friend actually planned just to sleep in the street / on the beach after a party :tongue:

:/ I only bring coffee to some of the staff, I never get to meet Captain Jack or anyone cool.

:tongue:

:frown: Oh what a disappointment, I'm watching Torchwood right now though :wink: maybe i'll see you in the background? :lol:

Original post by Eldedu
At best a shadow of it's former glory, yes.

Possibly, but when it's fallen it gets in the way of day to day life, plus the small matter of it crushing us all to death (based on the Asterix model of the galaxy more than the currently accepted one, of course :tongue:)

:tongue: Oh well, at least being crushed by a piece of sky is quite an interesting way to go! Better than something like cancer or old-age, i want a creative death :wink:
Reply 3411
From passiveaggresivenotes...

"This physics lesson was posted in the communal kitchen of Oxford University’s department of psychiatry."

Or he could just dry the spoon before using it. Perhaps a further lesson in Newtonian physics could teach the note leaver about surface tension and what have you, and why the spoon could still be wet if left to dry upside down. :redface:

For my sixteenth birthday party I went to the cinema with about 8 friends :redface:

I'm 18 on August 4th and I'm having a massive alcohol-fuelled house party, so there's hope for you yet :borat:
(edited 12 years ago)
candide

We call them Ceilí bands :awesome: memories :moon:
Original post by medbh4805

I'm 18 on August 4th and I'm having a massive alcohol-fuelled house party, so there's hope for you yet :borat:

Now we are relieved :wink:
Original post by Eldedu
)

Ohhh dear every post of yours actually makes me giggle so much! I'm guessing you consider yourself to be a right Casanova, far superior to all those pining away over in H&R...

Original post by nightmare91
Now we are relieved :wink:

Pssht, I'm far cooler. For my 18th my mum asked what I want to do as a family, but everyone in my family has such different tastes and interests that I think I'm doing something separate with everyone :tongue:

I can't understand it when people who are applying for Oxford don't care about colleges or open days! Okay, yeah, understood that they're just applying there for the learning, but how can you NOT get excited about colleges? :love:

Going to see Harry Potter tomorrow! Dressed up yesterday as a cross between St Trinian's and Harry Potter- even had glasses, a hat and a wand! Had like stripy socks and my old school tie and a black cardigan etc :biggrin: It was so much fun- except for when my ex's brother's friends started yelling "SLUT!" across the school at me, and then they started shouting some stuff which unfortunately was true, but that's better left unsaid... Still, was fun to be all dressed up :biggrin: especially as it was my last day of school because tomorrow I start my Multinational Youth Exchange thing! Excitement...

Two weeks till Germany! Eeek!
Reply 3416
Original post by such_a_lady
Ohhh dear every post of yours actually makes me giggle so much! I'm guessing you consider yourself to be a right Casanova, far superior to all those pining away over in H&R...

Am I being giggled at or giggled with? At any rate I'm causing laughter so I'll make do with that I suppose.

I think 99% of the global population is superior to some of the posters you find over in H&R, so I suppose I include myself in the group, yes.

But a right Casanova? Don't take the piss. I mean, I'm not impotent for one thing :biggrin:

There I go, doing it again. Enough with the jokes. I am a human being of average attractiveness and social skills. Which still puts me ahead of certain H&R specimens IMO.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3417

I've always found that kind of party's the most fun anyway. And the tastiest :biggrin:
Original post by Eldedu
Am I being giggled at or giggled with? At any rate I'm causing laughter so I'll make do with that I suppose.

I think 99% of the global population is superior to some of the posters you find over in H&R, so I suppose I include myself in the group, yes.

But a right Casanova? Don't take the piss. I mean, I'm not impotent for one thing :biggrin:

There I go, doing it again. Enough with the jokes. I am a human being of average attractiveness and social skills. Which still puts me ahead of certain H&R specimens IMO.

Have you no sympathy? :tongue: Actually, you'd better not answer that. How's the PS going? And why did you choose Balliol? :smile:
Original post by such_a_lady
Have you no sympathy? :tongue: Actually, you'd better not answer that. How's the PS going? And why did you choose Balliol? :smile:

I noticed in your sig that you're applying to Magdalen college. I stayed there this week and it's rather nice, though I feel I should warn you that the college food was horrible :P

Latest

Trending

Trending