The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
Original post by I Persia I
Sorry, changed it.

Just looking out for you, harry potter fans can be crazy you know :biggrin:
Reply 2021
I know everyone is having a bit of a cry and whinge about things being left out. But just wait until there is an extended edition at least once every 2 years for the next 20 years. Then you will probably get the full film you have been waiting for. LotR style :sigh:
My flat-out opinion on this is, if they stuck to every detail in the book and each movie was 7 hours long I would watch it! I mean come on Order of the Phoenix was a total screw-up, did you see the things they missed out on that one!?!

Yes. Order of the Phoenix is my least favourite film; but also my least favourite of the books. :biggrin: I did enjoy the Prince's Tale, I'd have just enjoyed it more with more scenes; but hey, we can't have everything!
I watched it today and I cried nearly all the way through! Especially when all the teachers started shooting spell into the sky to create the protective dome/layer. Amazing. Loved it. I didn't like that they changed stuff though. Since when do they fall of a cliff? And I can hardly call it 3D... Should have saved my 3 quid! But I loved it possibly my favourite harry potter movie ever. Loved the epilogue but most of all I love Ron in this movie!
Original post by DdotT
Just looking out for you, harry potter fans can be crazy you know :biggrin:

Haha being one I know. Guess you can't call them true fans if they haven't watched it now eh. :wink:

Original post by Goody2Shoes-x
Yes. Order of the Phoenix is my least favourite film; but also my least favourite of the books. :biggrin: I did enjoy the Prince's Tale, I'd have just enjoyed it more with more scenes; but hey, we can't have everything!

The first disappointment for me was when the items in Bellatrix's vault stopped replicating, after that they just kept on coming. :frown:

Original post by Comet Andromeda
I watched it today and I cried nearly all the way through! Especially when all the teachers started shooting spell into the sky to create the protective dome/layer. Amazing. Loved it. I didn't like that they changed stuff though. Since when do they fall of a cliff? And I can hardly call it 3D... Should have saved my 3 quid! But I loved it possibly my favourite harry potter movie ever. Loved the epilogue but most of all I love Ron in this movie!

Yeah he was good, they downplayed him this time for some reason though!
Yeah he was good, they downplayed him this time for some reason though!

I agree. He usually bring some essence of comedy but there wasn't much in this one. Him and hermoine were great and that kiss made me think FINALLY!

Favourite line: I've always wanted to use that spell.
Hilarious and great.
Its funny how they got a random guy to replace goyle because he got caught doing drugs :tongue:
Favourite line: "Boom!"
Reply 2028
Was disappointed from the forbidden forest onwards (excluding the King's Cross scene). Epic in the books but muted in the film. Ridiculous moments include:
1. Voldemort's stupid scream when he uses avada kedavra in the forest
2. Voldemort awkwardly hugging Draco
3. Voldemort chasing Harry around the castle
4. Neville blowing up the bridge
5. Bellatrix and Voldemort's death
6. Prolonged snake scene

The end battle was still good but I really loved the finale of the books (apart from the epilogue which I think is contrived).
Original post by mikeylfc1989
A true spectacle of British Cinema...

Thought this comment would have been celebrated... :confused:
Reply 2030
SPOILERS,SPOILERS SPOILERS@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Ok, I must admit, it was OK, but they left teensy details out that pissed me off... i.e in the book, Crabbe's Fiendfyre destroyed the Diadem, however in the movie it was the basilisk fang, not much emphasis was put on Molly's duel with Bellatrix, Harry and Voldemort's duel occurred in the Great Hall however in the film it was the courtyard, Ollivander had no idea what the Deathly Hallows were in the book, but in the film he explained them to Harry, in the book, the contents of Bellatrix's vault kept replicating and didn't stop, unlike the movie, there was nothing about Harry and Voldemort jumping off a cliff :s-smilie:. I also wanted a longer McGonagall-Snape duel... I don't know... do y'all agree?

I didn't like how they dealt with Fred's death in like 8 seconds :frown: I kinda get the Ollivander thing, was almost a 'memory refresher' - afterall there was a massive break :smile: But I disliked how the duel was in the courtyard (wtf) and all the dramatic cliff ****.

Of course the epilogue was **** but it was in the books too :wink: Although I thought A.S Potter (I refuse to speak his ridiculous name lol) was sweet.

I thought the scenes with Snape's memories were absolutely fantastic though, was so glad as it was a favourite part of the book <3
Reply 2031
Original post by doivid

2. Voldemort awkwardly hugging Draco

lmao I could not stop laughing at that, and neither could anyone else in the cinema :tongue:

Original post by Snavej
Yes! This p'ed me off sooo much! Especially when Harry was like "i dont care what happened between you and your brother" i was like what?! You had a real issue with this in the book because you didnt know Albus properly and eeughhh!

This annoyed me as well :angry: Also the whole Remus/Tonks kid - I SWEAR they never said she was preggers in the first half and then Harry is all "But what about your Son?!"
Original post by nadiah
I didn't like how they dealt with Fred's death in like 8 seconds :frown: I kinda get the Ollivander thing, was almost a 'memory refresher' - afterall there was a massive break :smile: But I disliked how the duel was in the courtyard (wtf) and all the dramatic cliff ****.

Of course the epilogue was **** but it was in the books too :wink: Although I thought A.S Potter (I refuse to speak his ridiculous name lol) was sweet.

I thought the scenes with Snape's memories were absolutely fantastic though, was so glad as it was a favourite part of the book &lt;3

They didn't show Teddy, Harry's 2 other kids (speech anyway) or Fleur and Bill's kid which was a bummer.
Just got back and, for the most part, I loved it, but my enjoyment of the film was somewhat ruined by the guy sitting next to me who seemed to have nasal issues. I decided to watch it as a film, not a portrayal of the book. The only disappointing parts, for me, were...

Spoiler

I actually liked the epilogue, more so than in the book anyway.

Spoiler

Oh and I prefered Mrs Weasley's famous line in the film to the book. I know everyone seems to love it but when I first read it it was a bit weird for me.

Loved the Prince's Tale :biggrin: So glad as it's my favourite part of the book, probably the whole series.
Did anyone else think it was weird that George had managed to regrow his ear?
Reply 2035
Yeah the Harry Potter movies have never been very good at having epic action scenes. They're always shortened or just generally never do the book justice. But the movie was still enjoyable and there were plenty of funny moments like:

Original post by dknt
Sorry, I'm just still laughing when McGonagall says "I've always wanted to use that spell!"
I agree.The McGonagall-Snape battle should have been longer.And wasn't Molly and Bellatrix's battle meant to start Harry's and Voldemort's off?
Original post by Carnivores
I agree.The McGonagall-Snape battle should have been longer.And wasn't Molly and Bellatrix's battle meant to start Harry's and Voldemort's off?

Yeah, he's supposed to be under the invisibility cloak, and having everyone watch it would make it much more epic!
Just got back from watching it, it was brilliant in my eyes.

I've only read books 1-4, though I think I may read all the others on my summer holiday.

I'm happy to have seen it, though was slightly disappointed that Voldemort just....died. I was hoping for a little more?
Original post by purplesocks289
Did anyone else think it was weird that George had managed to regrow his ear?

If you can regrow bones, why not an ear? I didn't really notice. :hmmmm: Maybe they forgot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending