The Student Room Group

Analyst Wardrobe

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Original post by ilickbatteries

Jesus. These suits are expensive.

I was once mistaken for a banker wearing my £69 black suit from Burton...

Tbh whoever mistook you for a banker in a black suit needs to have a word with themselves.
As does anyone wearing a black suit that isn't for a funeral.
Original post by Mess.
Tbh whoever mistook you for a banker in a black suit needs to have a word with themselves.
As does anyone wearing a black suit that isn't for a funeral.

Tbh, it was a lovely old couple who I gave up my seat on a bench to.

I had to explain that no, I wasn't a banker, I was a college student going for a job interview :tongue:

Black suits are smart, and IMO, timeless. Not a work suit, but for interviews or formal events, black suits are the way to go I reckon.

Speaking of funerals, I have one soon...
Reply 1222
Tbh, it was a lovely old couple who I gave up my seat on a bench to.

I had to explain that no, I wasn't a banker, I was a college student going for a job interview :tongue:

Black suits are smart, and IMO, timeless. Not a work suit, but for interviews or formal events, black suits are the way to go I reckon.

Speaking of funerals, I have one soon...

black suits are timeless, but not for interviews, only for funerals.

and since its burton im guessing it was one of those ultra skinny suits.

This makes me feel a little queasy.

Oh god no...!
Original post by CityTrader
Oh god no...!

It's true. I only have it because it was a last minute purchase for my school leavers do. I have little reason to wear suits, but it seems to impress whenever I wear it. Not bad for a cheapy!

Original post by Ross Johnson
This makes me feel a little queasy.

Well, it's certainly not Saville Row, but I have no reason to have an expensive suit :tongue:

Original post by acies
black suits are timeless, but not for interviews, only for funerals.

and since its burton im guessing it was one of those ultra skinny suits.

It wasn't a super high pressure executive interview mind. It's not ultra skinny. I don't have the body for skinny suits (or jeans, etc). It's just a regular suit! :biggrin:

Well, it's certainly not Saville Row, but I have no reason to have an expensive suit :tongue:

Fair point. Now get back down the mines son.

Mines? F*cking mines?! I'll mine you in a minute :mad:

Hahaha Classic.
What disappoints me about this thread is that the subject matter is not about a wardrobe unit made out of Analysts (dead or alive). It really is a misleading title...

Good joke. You do seem cooler now.
Original post by yoyo462001
Good joke. You do seem cooler now.

Pathetic fallacy.

He's an ass.
Reply 1232
Does anyone here have shoe shining techniques to share? I always manage to get mine up to a nice sheen but can't quite reach the mirror/glass toe cap sheen :beard:
Reply 1233
Which shirts would you recommend?

Also, do you have to wear a suit everyday?

Thanks.
Reply 1234
Original post by Mess.
Does anyone here have shoe shining techniques to share? I always manage to get mine up to a nice sheen but can't quite reach the mirror/glass toe cap sheen :beard:

You to have build up a layer of polish over time to do that. I saw a TV programme showing Guardsmen cleaning their kit ceremonial kit.
Reply 1235
Original post by DeeDub

Original post by DeeDub
You to have build up a layer of polish over time to do that. I saw a TV programme showing Guardsmen cleaning their kit ceremonial kit.

I think I am up to about layer 20 at the moment on my latest pair and have read it can take anything up to 100 layers until you start to get a true shine :holmes:
Original post by Mess.
I think I am up to about layer 20 at the moment on my latest pair and have read it can take anything up to 100 layers until you start to get a true shine :holmes:

Build up layers, and use spit aswell. the moisture is key if you want to get the shine on the cap.
Reply 1237

Build up layers, and use spit aswell. the moisture is key if you want to get the shine on the cap.

Spit supposedly damages the leather due to the enzymes, especially if you have been drinking alcohol or eating sweets etc.
Where to find the best men's socks for office wear?

I find the big department stores short on sufficient range of colours to match to my trousers, particularly when wearing navy / beige chinos to the office.
Reply 1239
Original post by crafty bison
Where to find the best men's socks for office wear?

I find the big department stores short on sufficient range of colours to match to my trousers, particularly when wearing navy / beige chinos to the office.

John Lewis should serve you fine tbph.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending