The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kidneyjean
Ah, that's fairly comforting :smile: Pretty much my whole tutor group wants to do medicine, and they've all booked their UKCATs for late August-early September :s-smilie: I just keep telling myself that as long as I'm familiar with the question style, it'll be alright :tongue: Good luck to you too! :smile:

:eek: wow that is a lot of people wanting to do medicine! :lol:
Original post by manic_fuzz
:eek: wow that is a lot of people wanting to do medicine! :lol:

Wow, there were 5 people who went to the "I want to do medicine" meeting at our college. D; There's over 500 people in our year :confused:
Original post by Joseppea
Wow, there were 5 people who went to the "I want to do medicine" meeting at our college. D; There's over 500 people in our year :confused:

I think there are 4 or 5 people in our year wanting to do medicine, out of about... 150? or something :s-smilie:

I like your little UKCAT countdown in your sig :lol:
Original post by Limitless
Is fun a cord word for creepy? :redface:

Maybe :flute:

I don't stalk anymore.... well maybe just silently stalk threads but not users :colondollar:
Reply 5724
Original post by Ilovemybaby
Something like that :biggrin:

Haha so you gonna give me the lowdown or what? :laugh:

I think there are 4 or 5 people in our year wanting to do medicine, out of about... 150? or something :s-smilie:

There is about 20 people from our year of about 150 people :smile: Also good luck with your test! :biggrin:

I like your little UKCAT countdown in your sig :lol:

Haha xD Most people in our college are the sort of going down the social sciences/arts route.

Thanks :biggrin: I like the sig... just not what is signifies (Seriously, no pun intended there :colondollar:)

Edit: I don't like how there's always fewer days left than I thought there were D;
Reply 5726
Original post by Bubbles2010

Original post by Bubbles2010
Hello everyone! Just want to say a massive good luck!!!
I applied for medicine for 2011 entry (Cambridge, UCL, Birmingham & Imperial), and got an offer from Cambridge and Birmingham.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to quote or PM :smile:
GOOD LUCK!

hello :smile: could u give me some advice on how u got an offer from cambridge? I'd really like to apply there when I'm older :biggrin: thank u very much :smile:
Original post by Nator

There is about 20 people from our year of about 150 people :smile: Also good luck with your test! :biggrin:

Ooh that's a fair few! and thankyou! :biggrin:

Haha xD Most people in our college are the sort of going down the social sciences/arts route.

Thanks :biggrin: I like the sig... just not what is signifies (Seriously, no pun intended there :colondollar:)

Edit: I don't like how there's always fewer days left than I thought there were D;

Oooh, we have a rather big BTEC community :wink:
:lol: ahaha 20 days is aaaages! :biggrin: you'll be fine!
Reply 5728
Can I apply without having done Biology or Chemistry?
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Maybe :flute:

I don't stalk anymore.... well maybe just silently stalk threads but not users :colondollar:

Interesting do all mods do this in their spare time or just you? :colone:
Original post by The_0001

You'd probably have to apply for a Foundation Year Course (6 years) :smile:

You need at least one of the two: iirc everywhere wants chemistry to at least AS level, with the majority asking for it at A2 level. As for biology it's not a specified requirement but check here to see the entry requirements correct as of 2011 entry :h:

If you haven't met the requirements then you might be able to apply for foundation year courses - but you will need to explain why you didnt' do chemistry or biology afaik :yep:
Original post by Limitless
Interesting do all mods do this in their spare time or just you? :colone:

:iiam:

You'd have to ask them :wink:
Reply 5732
Ooh that's a fair few! and thankyou! :biggrin:

Sure his haha :biggrin: And no problem mate :tongue:

I'm willing to bet that Beska does it with his new found mod powers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5734
You need at least one of the two: iirc everywhere wants chemistry to at least AS level, with the majority asking for it at A2 level. As for biology it's not a specified requirement but check here to see the entry requirements correct as of 2011 entry :h:

If you haven't met the requirements then you might be able to apply for foundation year courses - but you will need to explain why you didnt' do chemistry or biology afaik :yep:

Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 5735
You'd probably have to apply for a Foundation Year Course (6 years) :smile:

Can you tell me who offers the foundation year course? :smile:
Thank you very much :smile:

It's what I'm here for :h:

We have a page for that too: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Foundation_and_Widening_Access_to_Medicine_Programs :awesome:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Foundation_and_Widening_Access_to_Medicine_Programs

Damn, Penguinsaysquack beat me to it! :tongue: *shakes fist*
Reply 5738

Ah thank you both for that link. Trouble is I'm not sure I'm going to get the necessary grades this year. Just had a terrible exam period. My gcse's are 6A*, 5A's and a B. And I have 4A's in AS Maths, history, economics and politics. There is no way I'm getting above a C in maths this year. I'll be lucky to get a B in History, though I'm confident of an A in economics.

What are my options if I still want to pursue a foundation programme in Medicine?
Stalking is fun! :fyi:

:ninja:

Best thing is when you find someone you know IRL on TSR. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending