The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unbiased Opinion
Best thing is when you find someone you know IRL on TSR. :p:

....and then correcting all their typos and commenting on their threads with unhelpful comments :colone:

Nope? Just me xD
Best thing is when you find someone you know IRL on TSR. :p:

None of my friends are cool enough to use tsr it seems :sad:

Or do friends you make whilst on the site then meet irl count? :awesome:
Original post by Joseppea
....and then correcting all their typos and commenting on their threads with unhelpful comments :colone:

Nope? Just me xD

Oh, you troll, you. :p:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
None of my friends are cool enough to use tsr it seems :sad:

Or do friends you make whilst on the site then meet irl count? :awesome:

I've found some people who I thought were too cool for online sites on here. That's such a gem of a moment. :o:

That counts too- when you get to know someone off here, forget they're on TSR, and realise how different their TSR persona to real them.

I've found some people who I thought were too cool for online sites on here. That's such a gem of a moment. :o:

That counts too- when you get to know someone off here, forget they're on TSR, and realise how different their TSR persona to real them.

Like with Beska... I still think that he should be a woman :yep:

But yeah, I know what you mean :h:
Reply 5745
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Like with Beska... I still think that he should be a woman :yep:

But yeah, I know what you mean :h:

You're only hating on me because I wouldn't let you under mine and tome27's umbrella. :pierre:
Original post by Beska
You're only hating on me because I wouldn't let you under mine and tome27's umbrella. :pierre:

Where was the love? I got wet ffs :colonhash:

Good times though :colone:
Reply 5747
Just did the mock exam in the 600Q book. QR was a disaster I actually worked out the first 4 exercises and guessed the rest completely. Going to work out the score now :s-smilie:
Reply 5748
Original post by cz100
Just did the mock exam in the 600Q book. QR was a disaster I actually worked out the first 4 exercises and guessed the rest completely. Going to work out the score now :s-smilie:

What did you get in the AR? I got 58/65 :s-smilie:
Reply 5749
Original post by Nator
What did you get in the AR? I got 58/65 :s-smilie:

A lot less. The score I got overall is embarrassing, more practise needed.
Reply 5750
Original post by cz100

Woah thought mine was bad as I only done brief practice on it, think that exercise was hard it's actually nothing compared to the practice tests AR from the UKCAT site :redface:
Original post by cz100

This is why I'm trying to avoid doing the mock one xD My result will most definitely be the worst one on here!
Original post by Nator
Woah thought mine was bad as I only done brief practice on it, think that exercise was hard it's actually nothing compared to the practice tests AR from the UKCAT site :redface:

You think 58/65 is bad?! By their scoring system that should be high 700s, low 800s IIRC!
Reply 5753
Original post by Normandy114
You think 58/65 is bad?! By their scoring system that should be high 700s, low 800s IIRC!

Yeah reckon that's 802 at least using the scoring in the book!
Reply 5754
Original post by Beska
Not afaik. Each question = 1 mark, and that's just two parts of the same question isn't it?

In the marking section of the book those questions have each answer separate so they are worth 16 each :confused:
Reply 5755
Original post by Normandy114

Woah really? :eek: Well considering I couldn't answer a set and got lucky with 1 or 2 I thought it was bad :laugh: My friends are hitting 65/65 and I really want a 900 on this section because if you can just solve 13 sets then it's an easy 900 if it makes sense? :tongue:

Original post by cz100
Yeah reckon that's 802 at least using the scoring in the book!

Did not know that :biggrin: Really want to touch an 800 average when the time comes :redface:
Reply 5756
Original post by cz100
In the marking section of the book those questions have each answer separate so they are worth 16 each :confused:

Yeh but that's just 600Q's attempt at trying to give a UKCAT-esque /900 score. In the real thing, as far as I'm aware, each question is 1 mark.
Reply 5757
Original post by Beska
Yeh but that's just 600Q's attempt at trying to give a UKCAT-esque /900 score. In the real thing, as far as I'm aware, each question is 1 mark.

Ah right, so the actually exam isn't marked like the 600Q? Since the lowest you can get is 300 I there's every chance of getting less than that using the marking system in the book.
Reply 5758
Original post by cz100
Ah right, so the actually exam isn't marked like the 600Q? Since the lowest you can get is 300 I there's every chance of getting less than that using the marking system in the book.

Nope, not marked like that at all. It's just their attempt to try and give you a score out of 900 - their method could be completely wrong.
Reply 5759
Original post by Beska
Nope, not marked like that at all. It's just their attempt to try and give you a score out of 900 - their method could be completely wrong.

Is there any way of finding how the marks are actually scaled? Or it it just an untold mystery like uniform marks?

Latest

Trending

Trending