Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor Nightclubs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Barden
plus the new SU itself when its finished

Given that they've made almost zero progress in the past year, it could be a while.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Why would you open new nightclubs?
Come on Bangor, you are better than this.
I was just sent this bleak, bleak video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up-qmeS4lzg&feature=youtu.be

How typical is this at Bangor? Because this video is making me feel pretty bad about the human race as a whole right now.
Reply 23
i definitely don't hate going out...in fact, my concern is that there's no where to go that isn't ****. it's possible to have a club that isn't rank and cringey, but it seems there isn't one in bangor.
i don't think it's a uni people come to if they wanna go out loads anyway, surely? other wise they've made a grave mistake!
Original post by LeahJ
it's possible to have a club that isn't rank and cringey, but it seems there isn't one in bangor.

I disagree strongly.
Reply 25
Gotta say I agree with Swarley, here; that's a pretty depressing video, and I really hope that Bangor isn't like that normally. Part of the reason I chose Bangor was because it seemed, of all the places I looked at, like the least likely to be full of boozed-up clubbers making arses of themselves. Hm.
Original post by DaElf
Gotta say I agree with Swarley, here; that's a pretty depressing video, and I really hope that Bangor isn't like that normally. Part of the reason I chose Bangor was because it seemed, of all the places I looked at, like the least likely to be full of boozed-up clubbers making arses of themselves. Hm.

It's a university. It's always going to have clubbers and drunk people making arses of themselves. Depressing? Try watching an episode of Night Cops when they have to go and reign in crowds of loud, unruly drunk people in uni towns such as Bristol and Leeds; then come back to me and tell me that's the worst thing ever.
Reply 27
innit, i went to nottingham............!
they could have a good place to go out and dance and NOT be a **** nightclub. there isn't much point in disagreeing with that cuz it's so obviously true :s! So many places have somewhere to go with that balance, even nottingham managed, i'm sure bangor could.
Reply 28
Original post by kiss_me_now9
It's a university. It's always going to have clubbers and drunk people making arses of themselves. Depressing? Try watching an episode of Night Cops when they have to go and reign in crowds of loud, unruly drunk people in uni towns such as Bristol and Leeds; then come back to me and tell me that's the worst thing ever.

Oh I know that it is, but I meant that it certainly seemed better than anywhere else I looked at. I've seen the programs you mean, plenty of times, and I know it gets FAR worse than that video, but it still doesn't exactly delight me to watch it.
Reply 29
Original post by Swarley Stinson
I was just sent this bleak, bleak video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up-qmeS4lzg&feature=youtu.be

How typical is this at Bangor? Because this video is making me feel pretty bad about the human race as a whole right now.

Some people are just so sad lol.
Reply 30
I read the comments about the video before watching it.. I'm going to study at Bangor in September and I thought it was about people kicking the crap out of each other on nights out. I'm from Luton and that video was nice compared to what I've seen on typical nights out. This confirms Bangor is a lovely place to live and I can't wait to move there :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by mclinton
I read the comments about the video before watching it.. I'm going to study at Bangor in September and I thought it was about people kicking the crap out of each other on nights out. I'm from Luton and that video was nice compared to what I've seen on typical nights out. This confirms Bangor is a lovely place to live and I can't wait to move there :biggrin:

I agree, coming from a huge city, that video seems like a quiet night out for me haha
it wouldnt be so bad if there was more places to go. Its just eveyones so cramped into one place. Im from Manchester and theres the good places and then the bad you can avoid in bangor occy has just been to ... over run.
People don't give base enough credit, they've had some really good nights The silent disco there was brilliant.
Cannot wait for these 2 new clubs to open in september though! Its nice to have as much choice as we did in 1st year
Original post by dottie_lottie_
People don't give base enough credit, they've had some really good nights The silent disco there was brilliant.
Cannot wait for these 2 new clubs to open in september though! Its nice to have as much choice as we did in 1st year

I agree, had some great nights in Base, it is a shame however that many people just see it as an option if the queue for Occy is too long.

Quick Reply

Latest