The Student Room Group

Is Churchill really a "Hero" or was he as bad or worse than Hitler?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rohitbd

British invented concentration camps in the Boer war, killing women and children

Idk, if its been mentioned but this isn't true. Yes, a large amount of women (and especially) children died, it was largely due to poor organisation and management. They were never intended to be 'death camps'. Moreover, the idea of concentration camps was borrowed from the Spanish who used the tactic in (i believe) Central America.
Reply 41
Original post by James82
Yep, and first enacted by the likes of Sweden, Australia and Canada.

Indeed, the point being we're all as guilty as each other with regard to our history.
Reply 42
Somebody worse than HITLER?!

Lol wut.
I billion. right. even now the population of CHINA is only a bit more than that, not exactly realistic to be honest.
Anybody else noticed that the guy in the link said
He knew about Pearl Harbor, but did not report to Americans. In fact, he ordered all those few British soldiers who knew about it (as information leaked) to be strangulated by MI6. Licence to kill, indeed!

Obvious troll? or just a sad individual?

OP Churchill was no saint, nor was Hitler no one is perfect everyone who has ever been on this planet has made mistakes (expecting neg from the religious people now) but really you can't count a famine as part of a genocide so yea. Although in all honesty if people had to choose to live under Hitler or Churchill I think a lot of people would choose Churchill.
Reply 45
Original post by Prettygeek
I billion. right. even now the population of CHINA is only a bit more than that, not exactly realistic to be honest.

and in the 1930s the worlds population was only 2 billion.
Thing is, there is only one person ever, to be worse than Hitler.

Even Hitler didn't play jungle music 'till 3am
Original post by Fusilero
He was no saint, but he was no Hitler.

I'm going to start using that in every day speech :lol: :lol:
Original post by rohitbd
Who was worse... Hitler or Churchill

Out of Churchill and Hitler, Hitler but there are worse people than Hitler... that's right Stalin, I'm looking at you :mad:

Churchill was a racist yes but as for doing everything you have said... I laugh in your face.
Reply 49
I'm saddened that nobody's yet administered pwnage on that Yahoo answers thread. The space is there (in the comments box under the "winning" answer). Think I might have a go later...
Reply 50
Original post by rohitbd
Who was worse, Hitler or Churchill?
Clearly, both were racist, Churchill even to greater extent than Hitler, but Churchill managed to get his record cleared from history textbooks. Does that censorship make him a better man?"

I know that Hitler was a evil man, and this person calling him a kindly man has something wrong with him, but is our perception of Churchill totally wrong because before today me and most people though of Churchill as an inspirational leader who thought against racism, but this page begs to differ.

I know where you coming from, and no mass murder is acceptable, but look at the big picture: Churchill held together one of the biggest empires on the planet against two of the biggest forces around: the Germans and Russians (during the Russian pact era). Even though Britain was immensely powerful, going up against those two was surely going to result in either stalemate or assured anihalation for both sides. With Hitler making plans for nuclear weapons, and with his racial policies on Jews, POWS, Slavs, Gypsies etc. he wanted a purified race and nation under his command, and did terrible things to try to achieve it.
Churchill may have taken advantage of colonial india in order to win, but he did it to fight a greater evil. Although if you ask me, there's not really a 'good' or 'bad' side in war, just as there isn't 'winners' and 'losers'. You're both going to have casualties and both entering conflict, and in the end it all ends the same way.
Reply 51
Original post by rohitbd
Wow if thats true, my perception of Gandhi was totally wrong.

I also heard this, but I have heard that this was said in his earlier life. You cant really let something that someone at one point believed taint the good that they did.
Reply 52
Original post by Kiss
I know where you coming from, and no mass murder is acceptable, but look at the big picture: Churchill held together one of the biggest empires on the planet against two of the biggest forces around: the Germans and Russians (during the Russian pact era). Even though Britain was immensely powerful, going up against those two was surely going to result in either stalemate or assured anihalation for both sides. With Hitler making plans for nuclear weapons, and with his racial policies on Jews, POWS, Slavs, Gypsies etc. he wanted a purified race and nation under his command, and did terrible things to try to achieve it.
Churchill may have taken advantage of colonial india in order to win, but he did it to fight a greater evil. Although if you ask me, there's not really a 'good' or 'bad' side in war, just as there isn't 'winners' and 'losers'. You're both going to have casualties and both entering conflict, and in the end it all ends the same way.

You assume that Hitler and Churchill were enemies.
I'm from Oldham, so other than being the place where the tubular bandage was invented, all we have to rave about is the fact that Winston Churchill was our Conservative MP :P so my view of him is always going to be biased.
Churchill FTW!!!
Reply 54
Original post by Martyn*
You assume that Hitler and Churchill were enemies.

Well I wonder why that would be.....

Reply 55
Original post by Kiss
Well I wonder why that would be.....

If you are suggesting that proof of the rivalry between Churchill and Hitler can be seen because the Nazis bombed the British towns, may I remind you that, as we have seen recently, we get rid of dictators who have outlived their usefulness by either deposing them or declaring war on them. Hitler became a liability to the Jewish cause. The British wanted Jews to return to the Holy Land just as much as the Nazis did. Why didn't Churchil speak out against the Jewish holocaust? Was he in on it? I wonder.

As for the photograph, well, look what happened on 9/11! You think the U.S. government wasn't involved in that? It is difficult to comprehend how the U.S. government could have attacked its own citizens, but not impossible. America's support for Israel is deeply rooted in American politics, as was, at one point, the British's love affair with Hitler and the Zionist cause.
Reply 56
Original post by rohitbd
Today in history we had too chose who we thought was the most evil leader throughout the 20th century and unsurprisingly most chose Hitler or Stalin, but as me and my friends were googling who we thought were the most evil we came upon this page.

"Who was worse, Hitler or Churchill?
Who was worse, Hitler or Churchill?
Hitler was responsible for deaths of 6 million Jews, 20 million Russians, and millions of other people.
Also, he had concentration camps and was a racist, but he modeled his policies on another abominable racist, who inspired him and his crimes - on Churchill, and British rule of India (that Hitler intended as a model in his brutal oppression of the Slavs and Jews).

Churchill was responsible for starvation of 7 millions of Indian people, while British rule is responsible for genocide that resulted one billion of Indian lives lost. Churchill was unashamed racist, was in favor of use of poison gas on "uncivilized tribes" (Hitler used Zyklon B on Jews, and British used mustard gas on Iraqi women and children). British invented concentration camps in the Boer war, killing women and children. Hitler imitated British in every way, but racist theories and policies, implemented by Churchill in during and after WWI, and in WWII are of British origin. Hitler spared what he hoped to be his potential allies in Dunkirk, but Churchill believed higher race are British, not all Germanic people. He killed millions in firebombing of Dresden, Hamburg, Berlin and many other cities. Both Churchill and Hitler were in favor of eugenics.

Hitler was a kindly man, vegetarian who didn't drink or smoke. He suffered from flatulence.

Churchill was an ill tempered alcoholic, who smoked fat cigars and held his meetings in nude.

Roosevelt was against both Third Reich (that he fought against and helped Russians beat the Hitler) and atrocious British Empire (that, mostly thanks to Roosevelt, also dissolved after the WWII). He was a great US president, and is universally respected.

Death toll:

Hitler and Nazi Germany : 30 million (6 million in direct genocide)
Churchill and British Empire: 1 billion (7 million Indians in one genocidal incident alone, rarely mentioned today)

Both Churchill and Hitler were racists, for eugenics, use of poison gas and concentration camps, Hitler in fact emulated Churchill.

Yet due to propaganda, their images are distorted.

Both were clearly criminals. Can you objectively say which one was THE greatest criminal of the 20th century - Hitler or Churchill?
Clearly, both were racist, Churchill even to greater extent than Hitler, but Churchill managed to get his record cleared from history textbooks. Does that censorship make him a better man?"

I know that Hitler was a evil man, and this person calling him a kindly man has something wrong with him, but is our perception of Churchill totally wrong because before today me and most people though of Churchill as an inspirational leader who thought against racism, but this page begs to differ.

yea churchill was a w**ker. in ireland we recognised that it was churchill who commissioned the Black and Tans
Reply 57
Original post by Martyn*
If you are suggesting that proof of the rivalry between Churchill and Hitler can be seen because the Nazis bombed the British towns, may I remind you that, as we have seen recently, we get rid of dictators who have outlived their usefulness by either deposing them or declaring war on them. Hitler became a liability to the Jewish cause. The British wanted Jews to return to the Holy Land just as much as the Nazis did. Why didn't Churchil speak out against the Jewish holocaust? Was he in on it? I wonder.

As for the photograph, well, look what happened on 9/11! You think the U.S. government wasn't involved in that? It is difficult to comprehend how the U.S. government could have attacked its own citizens, but not impossible. America's support for Israel is deeply rooted in American politics, as was, at one point, the British's love affair with Hitler and the Zionist cause.

All I pulled out of that was Hitler = Awesome, Jews run America and Alice had tea with the hare and mad hatter.
Reply 58
The more one reads and examines the events of WW2 it is clear Churchill was the evil figure, not Hitler. Churchill showed throughout his life he had little regard for the masses, except, of course, when he needed their vote. He believed himself to be superior in every way, he was born to lead. So much of this deep insecurity came from his desire to prove to his father that he was a capable leader of men. He was a small, sickly child, his father did not want around. This insecurity persisted throughout his life, this need to prove his worthiness, which led to colossal risks both to himself and those he led. He led the UK into a brutal, senseless war with Germany. The bombing of German cities until they were nothing more than rubble. Bombs dropped on Germany were 10X what Germany dropped on its enemies. Churchill was brought back into power by a secretive Jewish group called The Focus. Churchill was ravenous for power and fame, so he readily carried out whatever plans were put to him. The UK had no need to go to war with Germany. In fact, Hitler greatly admired the British and had no desire to go to war with them. Numerous peace proposals by Germany to England were rejected by Churchill. Churchill, due to his own ego gratification changed the course of history. He decimated England and destroyed the British Empire.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 59
More like the evil British empire falsely created the famine by stealing the crop and storing it on sea. To enslave the Indians and offered them to come and work with the family's and they would get fed once a day.

Sick evil racist and barbaric Churchill statue faces paliment today.

Clearly he could have desired to do what hitter did because he was born from a Jewish mother.

To justify evil you must be evil

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending