The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PJ991
Has anyone applied to do the module in TEFL at the language centre? Any experiences with doing it, and the interview for it?

No, I wanted to but I think it's too late now? Have you applied already? I don't think my course would let me unfortunately but I may ask if it's not too late
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by wizz_kid
Hey guys,
I recently received my results n got 69% average (provisional). Since i'm so close to a 1st, i was wondering what is the remarking policy @ UCL? Furthermore is there any way i can appeal for low marks? This is because the lab technician lost my lab book which had 3 unmarked labs! Surely this must have had affected my overall percentage.

Thanks!

is that for your entire degree? because if your overall mark for your degree is that close they automatically consider you for the next classification up (i think, check this).

if you're a first or second year though, nah
Original post by littleshambles
is that for your entire degree? because if your overall mark for your degree is that close they automatically consider you for the next classification up (i think, check this).

if you're a first or second year though, nah

1st year!
1st year!

Then no. You only receive a classification for your overall degree anyway, so unless you feel there has been an error in marking, then you have no grounds for an appeal...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Rainman88
Then no. You only receive a classification for your overall degree anyway, so unless you feel there has been an error in marking, then you have no grounds for an appeal...

Yes mate thats exactly what i think might have had happened. How do i go about appealing? My department hasnt said nothing about it yet.
Yes mate thats exactly what i think might have had happened. How do i go about appealing? My department hasnt said nothing about it yet.

Well, at least in the case of my department, I would go and see the department administrator and request the exam script in question and then go from there...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Rainman88
Well, at least my department, I would go and see the department administrator and request the exam script in question and then go from there...

Do you have to pay for it like we did for our alevel scripts?
Do you guys know when we are expected to receive our 'first year undergrad' results?
Anyone else nervous about getting ''first'' or ''second year'' results back - i am really hoping for a ''first'' for my first year. Good luck everyone!
Original post by ForTehLulz
Do you guys know when we are expected to receive our 'first year undergrad' results?

I've had my results for a couple of weeks already... Departments either release provisional results or you have to wait for them to come up on Portico... They should be up before the end of the month! Good luck!

Do you have to pay for it like we did for our alevel scripts?

I can't be certain, but I don't think so... Like I said, contact your department and proceed from there.
Do you know how to calculate your overall grade from the results on portico?
Do you know how to calculate your overall grade from the results on portico?

Yes... Add them together and divide them by the total number of modules, weighting dependent...
i have 6 modules worth 0.5 and 1 module worth 1 credit?
i have 6 modules worth 0.5 and 1 module worth 1 credit?

Then add the results of the 6 modules worth 0.5 and add the module worth 1 twice and then the result by 8... Someone correct me if I'm mistaken...
not really alot of talk going on in here about results : D - any other first years up in here
Reply 1495
That's because most people already got provisional results from their department awhile back. I doubt they'll be different from the official results.
i was told they were not allowed to give out provisionalresults this year
Reply 1497
Well they did for my department and many others. They can't give you your exact mark but they can give you what grade you got.

As far as I know from friends and stuff, only Electronical Engineers weren't allowed their results.
do you think it would be acceptable to email my tutor -if he could give me some indication - even though our head told us no provisional results can be given - im just to curious.
Original post by fait
Well they did for my department and many others. They can't give you your exact mark but they can give you what grade you got.

As far as I know from friends and stuff, only Electronical Engineers weren't allowed their results.

Any idea why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending