The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Groat
You need to learn the definitions of bragging and boasting.

For a start, posting which draft I am on is not in anyway arrogant. In fact, I feel uncertain about my personal statement, thus the numerous drafts. How on earth you perceive that as boastful, or brilliant, I'll never know.

I'm not really sure why you're trawling through my posts, either, saying they're arrogant. This thread is to discuss applications - if you have a problem with people posting the breakdown and being intimidated by menial things, I suggest you go elsewhere.

I don't feel I have even mentioned how many books I've read, but you shouldn't see that as a problem. If you truly wanted to study economics, you'd understand that it's an interest, not a bragging right.

I think you need to see my latest post and :fyi: I didnt trawl through any post, just read through this thread daily

Many others agree with me, hence the rep, so lets leave it at that. Have a nice evening.
Reply 1301
Original post by -Illmatic-
I think you need to see my latest post and :fyi: I didnt trawl through any post, just read through this thread daily

Many others agree with me, hence the rep, so lets leave it at that. Have a nice evening.

Reputation does not give a representation of how many people agree with you. The majority of people on this forum are resentful and will give reputation accordingly.
Original post by Groat
Reputation does not give a representation of how many people agree with you. The majority of people on this forum are resentful and will give reputation accordingly.

Fair enough. I do feel as if I have effectively voiced my opinion. I hope that this thread can now move on.
Reply 1303
How is everyone finding A2-levels so far? I have to say it doesn't seem that different to AS so far, I'm sure it will get harder, though.
Reply 1304
I dunno, in Maths we're currently going through FM AS modules. And in Economics we've done a couple of Economics projects which seem vaguely related to the A2 modules. History wise it's more of the same. I've got a new teacher so he's got a very different style and does a lot more talking than the other one. So it was nice sitting back and relaxing having to do very little work.
Original post by Tateco
How is everyone finding A2-levels so far? I have to say it doesn't seem that different to AS so far, I'm sure it will get harder, though.

We haven't got to the exam technique yet so that might be a lot harder. German definitely seems like it will be lot harder though.
Reply 1306
Original post by Tateco

Pretty much the same to be honest.. Then again, most of my lessons are now a bit chilled out now that we're coming towards the end of the year. C3 seems okay, just requires understanding and more work. Though, I'm dreading one of the chapters where you apparently have to remember 20 trig notations :tongue:
Reply 1307
Original post by Hemzo
Pretty much the same to be honest.. Then again, most of my lessons are now a bit chilled out now that we're coming towards the end of the year. C3 seems okay, just requires understanding and more work. Though, I'm dreading one of the chapters where you apparently have to remember 20 trig notations :tongue:

Original post by thegenius31416
We haven't got to the exam technique yet so that might be a lot harder. German definitely seems like it will be lot harder though.

Original post by zxh800
I dunno, in Maths we're currently going through FM AS modules. And in Economics we've done a couple of Economics projects which seem vaguely related to the A2 modules. History wise it's more of the same. I've got a new teacher so he's got a very different style and does a lot more talking than the other one. So it was nice sitting back and relaxing having to do very little work.

Glad to see it's going well for everyone :tongue: It is a bit chilled out at the moment at my school too, I think we're doing the easier modules of Maths as well so it's only going to get harder :frown:
Reply 1308
Original post by Tateco
Glad to see it's going well for everyone :tongue: It is a bit chilled out at the moment at my school too, I think we're doing the easier modules of Maths as well so it's only going to get harder :frown:

Which modules? :u:

Original post by Hemzo

Have you done the trigonometric differentiation yet? :eek:
Reply 1309
C3 Trig. Good times. At first I was pretty clueless but when it clicks it really does click. This time last year I was dreading C3 and C4 (having not been the best at maths. Sure, I got an A* at GCSE but anyone who's half decent gets that). Now, I'm dreading FP2 and FP3.
Reply 1310
Original post by Groat

We've done extended differentiation, integration, modulus functions, binomial expansion and probably a bit more (but they're the ones I can remember off the top of my head). All seem pretty straight forward so far... Haven't done any of the trigonometry stuff yet, though that's always been my weakness :redface:
Reply 1311
Original post by zxh800
C3 Trig. Good times. At first I was pretty clueless but when it clicks it really does click. This time last year I was dreading C3 and C4 (having not been the best at maths. Sure, I got an A* at GCSE but anyone who's half decent gets that). Now, I'm dreading FP2 and FP3.

I take it you've completed Maths A-Level this year and are doing Further Maths A-Level next year?

Original post by Tateco
We've done extended differentiation, integration, modulus functions, binomial expansion and probably a bit more (but they're the ones I can remember off the top of my head). All seem pretty straight forward so far... Haven't done any of the trigonometry stuff yet, though that's always been my weakness :redface:

What sort of integration have you learnt? That's only in C4 for us! :colone:
Reply 1312
Original post by Groat
I take it you've completed Maths A-Level this year and are doing Further Maths A-Level next year?

What sort of integration have you learnt? That's only in C4 for us! :colone:

Yeah it is C4 for us too :smile: We're just darting about all over the place. I think it's just slightly more advanced integration? I don't really know:colondollar:
Reply 1313
Original post by Groat

I've done the first 4 chapters, although all I remember doing is things like domains, ranges, ln and exponential graphs. Though, I believe there are only 8 chapters.. So fingers crossed the exam paper is a good'un :tongue:

Original post by Tateco

I don't think our schools want to bombard us with difficult stuff because it might put some people off taking Maths next year :tongue:
Reply 1314
Original post by Hemzo
I've done the first 4 chapters, although all I remember doing is things like domains, ranges, ln and exponential graphs. Though, I believe there are only 8 chapters.. So fingers crossed the exam paper is a good'un :tongue:

I don't think our schools want to bombard us with difficult stuff because it might put some people off taking Maths next year :tongue:

I remember when I started Year 12, we did the most difficult topic of FP1 to scare off people in my Further Maths class. :colone:
Reply 1315
Original post by Hemzo

Agreed :tongue: Sounds like my school are doing exactly the same thing as you! The doman/range stuff is pretty straight-forward!
Reply 1316
Original post by Groat

That's the plan
Reply 1317
Original post by zxh800
That's the plan

Ah, so FP1, FP2, FP3 and three more modules? Apparently Edexcel FP3 is really hard, but it looks fun. :colone:

I'm doing FP2, FP3, S2 and M2 this year for Further Maths and C3, C4 for Maths.
Reply 1318
Original post by Groat
Ah, so FP1, FP2, FP3 and three more modules? Apparently Edexcel FP3 is really hard, but it looks fun. :colone:

I'm doing FP2, FP3, S2 and M2 this year for Further Maths and C3, C4 for Maths.

S1-S3 and FP1-FP3. Not sure when I'll be doing what though, S1 and FP1 in Jan for sure. I have to self-teach S1 since my teacher is focusing on the people who took M3 atm.
Anyone planning on doing some C3/C4/FP1 work over summer to help understanding in lessons?

Call me ronalkeenio

Latest

Trending

Trending