The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WharfedaleTiger
Nothing to do with football but I can I register my love for your signiture...

:five:

Ramona <3
Original post by alexsong
My main memory of him that game was him underthrowing into double coverage and getting intercepted for a pick 6 but I just looked again and he got hit as he threw, and as you say those stats aren't indicative of a poor game by any means, strange how I just remembered him as being poor for seemingly no reason its not like I hate him or anything either, must be because they lost :s-smilie:

No worries. I think it's A) because they lost, B) because you compare him to Rodgers and C) Everyone had sky-high expectations of him due to his two prior superbowl wins.
Original post by RabbitCFH
:five:

Ramona <3

:biggrin: she is seriously hot but TBH all the girls in that film are smokin'

Except for Knives haha. But yeah they are.
Ramona though...
Labour deal might be reached soon :biggrin:

Just an update from NFL.com for anyone who missed it...
Yep, hopefully it'll be all over soon. :smile:
I'm so excited for football. I can SMELL IT IN THE AIR
Reply 1707
Free Agency is gonna be amazing, CANT WAIT (/bart scott)
Haha same. Packers v Saints should be a blinder of an opening game as well :biggrin:

As much as I hate anything Jets related, this and the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS chant is rather cool :L

Original post by Scott129
Haha same. Packers v Saints should be a blinder of an opening game as well :biggrin:

Hell yeah! I got Saints taking it...
Original post by The Patriot
Hell yeah! I got Saints taking it...

What. :unimpressed:
What. :unimpressed:

Sorry to disappoint lol!

My picks guna go well this season :L
Sorry to disappoint lol!

My picks guna go well this season :L

No way man! It will be close but the Packers will win. 27-24. You heard it hear first :tongue:
The Saints will beat the Packers in Week 1. We are better prepared at this point.
If by preparation you mean the team getting together at this stage to practice, I don't think preparation will have any effect whatsoever. The players will be conditioning themselves individually and if the lockout ends soon, both teams will get their respective training camps. On the night, it will come down to quality on the field. 27-24 Pack.
Ravens to beat Steelers in week 1. Steelers D will bend over and Rice will bum them good. You heard it here first!
If by preparation you mean the team getting together at this stage to practice, I don't think preparation will have any effect whatsoever. The players will be conditioning themselves individually and if the lockout ends soon, both teams will get their respective training camps. On the night, it will come down to quality on the field. 27-24 Pack.

it's more valuable than you might think. i think it's naive to say that it will have no effect whatsoever. guess we'll find out soon though won't we.
Original post by 419
I'd be up of some Fantasy football as well :biggrin:

Original post by OxfordGoBrach
I don't watch or follow it really, but if i had to choose a team, Toronto Argonauts would be it.

Original post by Greg1989
i hate brady and love rogers but even i agree he isnt the 2nd best qb, the fact is he has great people round him making him look better where as some other achieve great things regardless, plus one year where he won the superbowl dosnt make his career yes he had a good year last year but can he keep it up like others do is the issue

Original post by Blaah Blaah
Rogers had a solid season and he's probably a top-5 QB now, but he's far from #2, either this season or recently.

On their form this year, Brady deserves to be #1 (even though he's an utter prick), but Manning at #2 was a joke - we just have to accept that the voters really aren't judging purely on this year's performance (which is difficult to do). Glad to see Lewis and Reed both getting some of the recognition they deserve.

Original post by Mufasaa
He designed NOs offence with Peyton. He deffo has the smarts.

Original post by Dappaman
I has a question for y'all

Im off to keele in sept and there will be a 2gb cap limit (kinda bullsh*t is this?!) how does everyone at uni stream regular season games if you have a cap limit?

I know a lot of you probably dont have one, but im a pretty tech minded guy and looking for ways to &quot;alter&quot; my mac address or something similar so I can remove this limit temporarily cos I will easily wipeout that 2gb on one nfl game.

Help a brotha out!

Original post by georgegabriel
it's more valuable than you might think. i think it's naive to say that it will have no effect whatsoever. guess we'll find out soon though won't we.

Original post by Hedgeman49
Ravens to beat Steelers in week 1. Steelers D will bend over and Rice will bum them good. You heard it here first!

Original post by RabbitCFH
Yep, hopefully it'll be all over soon. :smile:

Original post by Hedgeman49
The D didn't do much wrong on that play, Mendenhall got a lucky cut and a good block by the RT on Clay.

I'm afraid I am a Mendenhall hater, the guy is a total idiot off the field and a very average player on it. Oh and he's a Steeler. :P

Original post by Warrior King
There is some overlap between American Football and Rugby after all am I not right in saying that American Footy has it's origins in Rugby (Union)?

By heritage I meant that British sporting culture has experience of contact sports and in a similar vein to the Americans, Canadians and Aussies, it shouldn't appear to be so difficult to put together a strong enough squad to qualify for the world championships. The French are regulars in this and perhaps owing to their interest in Rugby and also maybe in no small part due to the fact the IFAF is based in Paris so has an opportunity to develop the sport there.

It's goign to sound pedantic but every year I get irked when the Superbowl winners declare themselves &quot;the world champions&quot; when in reality they're only the best team in the US. Ok given that there isn't much competition outside the US/Canada and I am aware the superbowl was originally referred to as the &quot;NFL and AFL World Championship game&quot; as in those days teams from both sides didn't routinely play each other.

But yeah I'm a traditionalist and in that sense you have to beat the rest of the world irrespective of how good or bad they are before you can declare yourself the World Champions or the best team on the planet etc.

Original post by burningnun
Just saw you play for Cambridge. Were you at the Caesars game a couple of weeks back?

Original post by marcusmerehay
I've not been out of the country so not been to see them. :p:

If they come to Wembley any time soon I may venture though. I was hoping to join our Uni's American Football team next year, but breaking my ankle and leg over Easter has put paid to that. :sad:

Original post by paddy__power
I might just be useless but nowhere can I find live links. FML.

Aye, I didn't realize Japan had much in the way of AF leagues and the like.

QFA

Apologies to the massive mega-quote. I couldn't remember from page to page who I had already quoted :/

So If I create a fantasy football league for us guys on NFL.com and set the draft date at a decent time, how many of you guys would be interested? I can get round to doing it in the next couple of days...
QFA

Apologies to the massive mega-quote. I couldn't remember from page to page who I had already quoted :/

So If I create a fantasy football league for us guys on NFL.com and set the draft date at a decent time, how many of you guys would be interested? I can get round to doing it in the next couple of days...

I'll be in, blad.
QFA

Me.

Latest