The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So... I've just done two sections of a UKCAT paper from a book. I did SO BADLY I can't quite believe it!!

I got 20/44 for vr and like 40% in quantitative!!! (on which I spent about DOUBLE the time limit!!!)

I got straight A*/A's for GCSE and straight A's for all my As exams so far... I don't understand why I'm so pants at this!!

Anyone got any advice... ideas... comments... etc :frown: :frown: :frown:
Original post by Loulibelle
So... I've just done two sections of a UKCAT paper from a book. I did SO BADLY I can't quite believe it!!

I got 20/44 for vr and like 40% in quantitative!!! (on which I spent about DOUBLE the time limit!!!)

I got straight A*/A's for GCSE and straight A's for all my As exams so far... I don't understand why I'm so pants at this!!

Anyone got any advice... ideas... comments... etc :frown: :frown: :frown:

(For QR) I guess, try and figure out the ones you think you'll be able to answer, guess/flag the ones you know you can't. At least that way you'll be answering the ones you know how to do! :biggrin:

Also, just skim through the initial information (for QR and VR) and then read the statement/question and pick out the keypoints you need. :smile:
Original post by Joseppea

(For QR) I guess, try and figure out the ones you think you'll be able to answer, guess/flag the ones you know you can't. At least that way you'll be answering the ones you know how to do! :biggrin:

Also, just skim through the initial information (for QR and VR) and then read the statement/question and pick out the keypoints you need. :smile:

By how much is it possible to improve your score with practice? Because I don't stand a chance getting in anywhere with marks like that!!! x
Original post by cz100
Trying to avoid a very cliched introduction to the PS is very difficult :work: Got the rest more or less finished but just can't get happy with the intro :frown:

Words I'm trying to avoid:
- Passion
- Fascinating
- Ignite
- Spark
- Desire
- etc.

D; THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE WORDS IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
By how much is it possible to improve your score with practice? Because I don't stand a chance getting in anywhere with marks like that!!! x

The first practice test I got about 5 / 20-something... though after a few attempts at improving techniques etc. I could get about 18/19. Still not perfect, but I've been saving my mock test and the final computer test until about a week before. :smile:

The first practice test I got about 5 / 20-something... though after a few attempts at improving techniques etc. I could get about 18/19. Still not perfect, but I've been saving my mock test and the final computer test until about a week before. :smile:

:smile: well at least that's some encouragement! How long ago did you do your first test?
Original post by Beska
We all greatly appreciate it. :yy: The self-perpetuating myths surrounding medical school bug me to no end, as I'm sure it bugs everybody else.

i don't like the new colour and picture. I got confused and upset :frown:
I guess time is the best healer.
Reply 5867
Original post by Limesasquatch
i don't like the new colour and picture. I got confused and upset :frown:
I guess time is the best healer.

I tried to keep the same picture but my little orange chap didn't look too good in purple.

And I can't do anything about the colour... :frown:
:smile: well at least that's some encouragement! How long ago did you do your first test?

A couple of months ago, then I did the second one a while later :tongue:

:O I might run a UKCAT VR revision thread, it'll help me and hopefully other people!

:biggrin:
Reply 5869
is anyone else just ****ting themselves about this?
@Anyone who wants to practice VR - See this thread.

I hope it'll be helpful for us all. :biggrin:
Original post by Beska
I tried to keep the same picture but my little orange chap didn't look too good in purple.

And I can't do anything about the colour... :frown:

:lies:

Becoming a supermod and turn cyan :tongue:

Or maybe even red :colone:
Reply 5872
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
:lies:

Becoming a supermod and turn cyan :tongue:

Or maybe even red :colone:

Those colours are even worse!
Original post by Beska
Those colours are even worse!

Nice latin phrase, lets hope you'll stick to it.
Started practicing for my UKCAT today -gulp-
I seem to be good at verbal reasoning and decision analysis, but absolutely terrible at abstract reasoning. Ah, well.. plenty of time left..
Reply 5875
Original post by Limitless
Nice latin phrase, lets hope you'll stick to it.

I changed it to my current usertitle when I got my offer. Used to be "post hoc ergo propter hoc". :wink:
Original post by Beska
I changed it to my current usertitle when I got my offer. Used to be "post hoc ergo propter hoc". :wink:

Who knew doing latin in years 7 to 9 would became useful.
Original post by Limitless
Who knew doing latin in years 7 to 9 would became useful.

Google is just as useful. :colone:
Reply 5878
Words I'm trying to avoid:
- Passion
- Fascinating
- Ignite
- Spark
- Desire
- etc.

D; THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE WORDS IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE

Any more and they'll just be overused as well. Looking through that I think every one of them appeared somewhere in my first draft, and have now been taken out :teehee:
Original post by cz100
Any more and they'll just be overused as well. Looking through that I think every one of them appeared somewhere in my first draft, and have now been taken out :teehee:

I've read your PS :mmm:

Latest

Trending

Trending