The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation at Sheffield Hallam! Help!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by nikki-jones2009
Same i jsut want to pay my deposit! so i don't end up spending it :/

I don't even know where i am going to get the deposit from, i hope student finance comes in time!
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Same i jsut want to pay my deposit! so i don't end up spending it :/

how much do you think the deposit will be and when does it have to be paid for?
i have applied for the trigon and victoria halls
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by thenubreed
how much do you think the deposit will be and when does it have to be paid for?
i have applied for the trigon and victoria halls

I have been told by someone ( can't remember who) that vic halls deposit is 200....and the others are between 200-350
Original post by M4ttBlack
I don't even know where i am going to get the deposit from, i hope student finance comes in time!

hallam said that you only have like a week after your contract comes through to pay your deposit. student finance won't come until september! so i think you will have to lend it from your mum or something?
Reply 64
The accommodation application website has gone down for maintenance. Hopefully this means they're actually going to start allocating rooms :smile:
Original post by _Mazza_
The accommodation application website has gone down for maintenance. Hopefully this means they're actually going to start allocating rooms :smile:

haha i was thinking that too :P
Reply 66
my offer changed to unconditional today :biggrin:

I dont know why, i guess maybe cos i do a btec and they already have my results?
Reply 67
Original post by jde-tv

Original post by jde-tv
my offer changed to unconditional today :biggrin:

I dont know why, i guess maybe cos i do a btec and they already have my results?

Congrats mate, now you can moan about the wait for accommodation like the rest of us :wink:
Original post by _Mazza_

sweeet! hopefully we get allocated soon so people can post in my "find your Flatmate" thread:wink:
Reply 69
my freind who's got an unconditional offer at sheffield university said he got his offer for accommidation today. and my sister who's off to wolverhampton got hers weeks ago...

ours must be any day now...they can't leave it much later
Reply 70
Original post by _Mazza_
Congrats mate, now you can moan about the wait for accommodation like the rest of us :wink:

haha, i used to ignore all the comments tbh, but now im depserate to know what accommodation iv got! I might email them just to make sure i find out early.
Reply 71
i wanna know so badly! i email shu, they said that people with unconditional places will get allocated this month, and get contracts next month :smile:
Original post by Jordan
i wanna know so badly! i email shu, they said that people with unconditional places will get allocated this month, and get contracts next month :smile:

wtf they told u something different to what they told me! they told me that we will gt contracts end of july :/
Reply 73
Original post by Jordan

I emailed them today and got the same reply. I just want to know now!!!!
Original post by jde-tv
I emailed them today and got the same reply. I just want to know now!!!!

same! they must be behind on their workload! as they told me we would find out where we were going to live begining of july and get contracts end of july! well at least we know we should get our offers by end of next week!
Reply 75
hallam said that you only have like a week after your contract comes through to pay your deposit. student finance won't come until september! so i think you will have to lend it from your mum or something?

Cheers, i best get asking then, where did hallam say that you only have a week after the contract comes through? Seems not very long.
Original post by M4ttBlack
Cheers, i best get asking then, where did hallam say that you only have a week after the contract comes through? Seems not very long.

I emailed Hallam and asked. But 2bh I don’t even know if it’s true or what; as they told me that we would get our offers through weeks ago, and our contracts by end of July; and we haven’t!!

She just said u have a week after ure contract comes through to pay your deposit. But we will get our offers through first then maybe a few weeks later our contracts through?
Reply 77
It's a bit of a joke really, website said June, then they told Nikki July and now it's August, will be after results day like everyone else next. I keep checking the website, but it's been down for days now. :rolleyes:
yeh its beginning to get a bit annoying now. i had an unconditional offer in february which i immediately made my firm, accepted it, applied for my accommodation as soon as the form was up and sent my results off a week ago.
still got no reply and i cant wait any longer to find out where im going to be living!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 79
expect it to be 18th august and if it comes through before then be happy. that way you don't get your hopes up. they said the end of july so there's still like 5 days I guess. they should of just been honest and if they are snowed under, let people know...it's better than lying "1 more week, month, etc".

im giving them till the end of this week before i join the mob anyway :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending