The Student Room Group

The Torchwood Society

Scroll to see replies

Although there was absolutely nothing different between the first episode of the UK and US version (frame by frame), apparently there will eventually be differences, in particular some US scenes won't be shown in the UK so there must be some sort of UK filler (perhaps an extended 'last time' and a 5 mintue preview of the next episode :p:)
Reply 1661
I like how happy he looks in the video when hes talking about telling his partner (boyfriend? husband? I'm not sure) about doing the sex scene with a 24 year old
Original post by TheTallOne
Although there was absolutely nothing different between the first episode of the UK and US version (frame by frame), apparently there will eventually be differences, in particular some US scenes won't be shown in the UK so there must be some sort of UK filler (perhaps an extended 'last time' and a 5 mintue preview of the next episode :p:)

*facepalm* stupid things like that get annoying... why make such a difference between versions?
Russell T Davies has said he much prefers the serial format to the monster of the day one. Any future Torchwood is likely to be in the same format as this one.
Yeah, I can see why he thinks that. Children of Earth was probably the best thing he's ever written.
At least my apoptosis question was answered...
Reply 1666
i think gwen is the only person holding this show together atm, the acting is terrible but she seems to have upped her game. or maybe the terrible acting is making hers seem amazing. either way, shes much cooler now!
I'm glad Episode 2 was better than the series opener after my super-rant about how crap the first episode was; the suspense was actually palpable sometimes and the plot actually was quite thick, albeit in certain places predictable.

All in all good but not great, but relative to episode 1, much much better.
That was so much better than last weeks episode!
Original post by Friar Chris

Original post by Friar Chris
I'm glad Episode 2 was better than the series opener after my super-rant about how crap the first episode was; the suspense was actually palpable sometimes and the plot actually was quite thick, albeit in certain places predictable.

All in all good but not great, but relative to episode 1, much much better.

Agreed, it was an improvement.

Though i'm a little unsure of the alien involvement here, theres definitely going to be some but i can't see where its coming from. That woman in the red jacket looks like shes going to play an important role. Probably, manipulating people into making decisions thats going to lead to something big...
Original post by gozatron
Agreed, it was an improvement.

Though i'm a little unsure of the alien involvement here, theres definitely going to be some but i can't see where its coming from. That woman in the red jacket looks like shes going to play an important role. Probably, manipulating people into making decisions thats going to lead to something big...

Well whatever it is, it's quite deeply ingrained by the look of it. I know the CIA is no Torchwood (:tongue:), but even still to be so compromised must be worth something...

I wonder if there's a twist though... What with them not showing too much in the way of alien nature or direct responsibility for the situation, it may turn out to be a mystery of three parties of shades of grey, and not just 'good guys' and 'bad guys'.
TBH I thought the current two are quite nice because I like the American touch to it. The science in Torchwood is always more fascinating than Doctor Who since it just seems more realistic and elaborate. Although the bit where the woman had her neck snapped and walking up to the car was purely unnecessary....

I'll take a shot at guessing the plot lol:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Personally, I preferred last week's episode to this week's. I think the acting was worse in this episode

Spoiler

and although there was sometimes a good build up in tension as others have said

Spoiler

it just seemed a lot more 'cheesy' or 'corny', and even more Americanised than last week.
It's strange.
Despite having the same branding, comparing Miracle Day to Torchwood Series 1 or 2 is like comparing two entirely different shows.

I've rarely seen a programme change SO drastically over its lifespan, actually.

The cast has been purged, the location has changed, the structure has changed, the themes have changed, the whole 'feel' of the programme is TOTALLY different.
It really doesn't feel like a Doctor Who spin-off at all anymore.

All that said, I'm enjoying Miracle Day on its own merits. It's like a well-made spin off of an excellent spin off of an amazing show.
A whole hour and yet I feel like nothing happened!
Original post by kikimckenzie
A whole hour and yet I feel like nothing happened!

:smile: Yes, some friends said the same thing! I really enjoyed it though, I think it is nowhere near as good as Luther or Doctor Who though.
Original post by StudentBlonde
:smile: Yes, some friends said the same thing! I really enjoyed it though, I think it is nowhere near as good as Luther or Doctor Who though.

agreed but still we watch it :tongue:
Reply 1677
Original post by Reminisce
TBH I thought the current two are quite nice because I like the American touch to it. The science in Torchwood is always more fascinating than Doctor Who since it just seems more realistic and elaborate. Although the bit where the woman had her neck snapped and walking up to the car was purely unnecessary....

I'll take a shot at guessing the plot lol:

Spoiler

thought you might like to see the summaries of the next two episodes if you havn't already

episode 3:

Spoiler

episode 4

Spoiler

Original post by boba
thought you might like to see the summaries of the next two episodes if you havn't already

episode 3:

Spoiler

episode 4

Spoiler

In another note, I was ready to smash the television when they used a damn silver necklace as a CATALYST...
Reply 1679
Original post by Reminisce

In another note, I was ready to smash the television when they used a damn silver necklace as a CATALYST...

that did make me feel like >.<. yeah thats brilliant, so much surface area on that tiny necklace and you didn't even wash it to make sure it was actually silver touching the stuff not just grime.

Quick Reply

Latest