The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Debbie2709
Bit of a random question but is Hagrid in the film before we see him with the Death Eaters in the Forbidden Forest? I don't remember seeing him but I might have just missed it.

Hmm good point! I noticed when I was watching it Hagrid just appeared in the forest but we weren't shown why/when/how.
Oh where to begin?
Was I the only person who felt that movie was awful? They left out so many important storylines. I thought the whole point of splitting it into two parts was so they could include everything?
I mean DUMBLEDORE KILLED HIS OWN SISTER! How is this not even mentioned in the movie?! The fact that Dumbedore when he was young almost became as bad as Voldemort in his quest for power is such a huge storyline because it changes all previously thought assumptions you had about him and Harry especially feels so betrayed.
I mean what's the point of Hermione asking Aberforth 'is that Arianna?' in the movie (in regards to the painting), if you're not going to explain who she is and what happened to her!?
ALSO!...
Harry does not kill Voldemort in the book! Voldemort's wand backfires and he technically kills himself. This was so important because it underlines the fact that Harry is not a murderer unlike Voldemort.
Finally (well I could go on actually...) how fake and poorly acted was the relationship between Harry and Ginny? She screams and runs for him when she finds out he's 'died' but then a second later she's standing there acting all casual.
Potter nerds come forth and share your rants!
Reply 2222
I think Phalanges is gonna warn you for not including the 'Spoiler' things..... Just a heads up love.
I couldnt agree more.

But if you were the potter nerd you claim to be, you wouldnt even bother going to see the films, AND THATS THE TRUTH SISTER
i didn't like the fact that he didn't fix his broken wand with the elder wand. So what is he going to use??
Original post by wizardtop

I havnt even seen the second part yet Gryffindor seening on Thursday Morning,obviously reading some other posts already know whats going to happen now in the second part,me thinks some members were very impressed by the last part :biggrin:

It's brilliant!
Original post by Comet Andromeda
i didn't like the fact that he didn't fix his broken wand with the elder wand. So what is he going to use??

Didn't he still have Malfoy's?
I'm glad I never bothered to watch any of the HP films. I prefer the Harry Potter world I created in my head and really don't want Hollywood to destroy it :P
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
I couldnt agree more.

But if you were the potter nerd you claim to be, you wouldnt even bother going to see the films, AND THATS THE TRUTH SISTER

To be honest I don't even know why I did, I knew I'd be disapointed :/
All your points apart from the last one aren't really relevant. The film was never meant to be a direct copy of the books, its an adaptation. Many points throughout all the books have been dropped when converted to film, it doesn't take anything away from the films, it just means the producers decided for whatever reason they wern't appropriate.
But I do understand the Dumbledore point, maybe they didn't want his image to be changed like this in the film? Or maybe they just didn't have enough time to do it properly i.e. not a quick pointless reference.
I also though DanielRadcliffe's acting might of got better over the years... I was wrong
Original post by IHeartAmerica1993
To be honest I don't even know why I did, I knew I'd be disapointed :/

I dont allow myself. I mean, they are actually good films, but it takes away from your imagination of the place, do you agree?
Nah. The film was pretty ****. And I haven't read the books nor am I a die hard fan.

It seemed rushed.
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
I dont allow myself. I mean, they are actually good films, but it takes away from your imagination of the place, do you agree?

Agree!
I'm annoyed they left so much of dumbledore's story out. It was literally just harry going 'I trust dumbledore' a million times over. Never saw that much of grindlewald either.
Reply 2234
Everything that's been mentioned completely annoyed me. Plus the complete lack of Teddy Lupin (I have no idea why that annoyed me so much, but I just can't seem to drop it). Oh, and the epilogue was unintentionally hilarious (as was the lame hug)
Original post by amison
Everything that's been mentioned completely annoyed me. Plus the complete lack of Teddy Lupin (I have no idea why that annoyed me so much, but I just can't seem to drop it). Oh, and the epilogue was unintentionally hilarious (as was the lame hug)

I know right that had to be the most awkward scene/hug ever...

Oh no wait a minute I forgot about the Draco/Voldemort hug (??)
Reply 2236
Original post by IHeartAmerica1993
I know right that had to be the most awkward scene/hug ever...

Oh no wait a minute I forgot about the Draco/Voldemort hug (??)

I was talking about the Draco/Voldemort one, but yeah it applies to the other one. An absolutely awful hug imo.
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Didn't he still have Malfoy's?

Yeah but it isn't the same. In the book he fixes his wand :colonhash:
Original post by -honeybee-
Oh yes of course! I can't remember, does Harry tell Voldemort (in the books) that he is the master of the elder wand? Because then surely Voldemort wouldn't have tried to kill him with it? Unless he doesn't tell him, I'm not sure.
Yep...but Voldy doesn't believe him...
Reply 2239
I hated the ending personally, which is such a shame because overall it was a pretty decent film. If they'd just ended it with the three of them standing on the bridge I'd of been so much happier.

Quick Reply

Latest