The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Christien
Avengers trailer has leaked. Predictably bad bootleg:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50435

Edit: Amazing Spider-man too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aCfo84rSVA

Wow, both were surprisingly 'meh'. Green Arrow and Black Widow look pretty laughable next to the 'proper' superheroes.

Original post by cadaeibfeceh

Awesome :biggrin: I see we got a bit of Mirror's Edge at the end there too...

Haha, it looked like an advert for the next Mirror's Edge. :tongue:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Deathly Hallows had far darker political themes with the Nazi state, Voldemort's rise to power in the political sense by infiltrating and completely overcoming the Ministry, the 'Gestapo' like Snatchers, Magic is Might, the Undesirables, and the systematic hunting down of Muggleborns as well the merciless killing of Muggles and anything related to them.

Order of the Phoenix had a nasty woman, sensationalist Daily Mail Prophet headlines and most of the world not believing Harry because Fudge couldn't hack the thought of Voldemort returning.

We're going to have to disagree there. The key for me was always that in the Deathly Hallows the bad guys are being bad, whereas in Order of the Phoenix it was people who were purportedly good that were the ones manipulating and deceiving. Straight up evil never seems as sinister to me.
Reply 3442
Hmm, just watched I Saw The Devil...a lot of crazy **** happens in it. If you like revenge films I'd recommend it. I am tempted to give Oldboy a watch now.
Just watched A Matter Of Life And Death... I love old films <3
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Just watched A Matter Of Life And Death... I love old films &lt;3

I've had that, along with many other films, on my shelf now for ages and haven't watched it.

I love old films, particularly b/w ones. I'm not sure why but I really like the aesthetic of b/w.
Original post by TheMagicRat
I've had that, along with many other films, on my shelf now for ages and haven't watched it.

I love old films, particularly b/w ones. I'm not sure why but I really like the aesthetic of b/w.

No, me neither, but I do!

I watched it on recommendation of my dad as research for something I'm writing and was glad to see that everyone in that film seems to share my sense of humour!
Reply 3446
Here is one cool-as-**** behind the scenes photo of Hugh Jackman on the set of The Fountain. http://500px.com/photo/1214539
Reply 3447
I definitely think Order Of The Phoenix was the most sinister. There was something about Umbridge that really gave me the creeps.
Reply 3448
Just saw the trailer for Horrid Henry........

:/
Woah, Kevin Spacey is in Horrible Bosses? My interest in that film just increased greatly.
Reply 3450

Should add something film related....

Just got both Batman films on Blu Ray. Ah that and Lord of the rings extended my week is sorted
(edited 12 years ago)
Horrible bosses, quite want to see. I always find Jason Bateman funny in film roles, in general
Anyone like Studio Ghibli films here?
Original post by lukejoshjedi

Horrible bosses, quite want to see. I always find Jason Bateman funny in film roles, in general

I'm going to see it on Thursday, I shall report back. Can't even remember the last time I saw a good comedy at the cinema, recently it's just been stuff like Arthur and Scream 4.
Original post by Phalanges
I'm going to see it on Thursday, I shall report back. Can't even remember the last time I saw a good comedy at the cinema, recently it's just been stuff like Arthur and Scream 4.

ah cool, need to see it myself.

I think this year's been a bit hit and miss on the comedy front, none of the Romcoms so far apart from Bridesmaids seem to have gotten positive reviews/feedback

Scream 4 as a comedy Lol, cos it was that bad? :tongue:

ah cool, need to see it myself.

I think this year's been a bit hit and miss on the comedy front, none of the Romcoms so far apart from Bridesmaids seem to have gotten positive reviews/feedback

Scream 4 as a comedy Lol, cos it was that bad? :tongue:

I wouldn't really describe any of the Scream films as anything but comedies, really. Although Scream 4 was probably the closest one to horror instead of comedy, purely because they seemed to have forgotten to include jokes.
Original post by Phalanges
I wouldn't really describe any of the Scream films as anything but comedies, really. Although Scream 4 was probably the closest one to horror instead of comedy, purely because they seemed to have forgotten to include jokes.

I thought Scream 4 was hilarious, maybe only in references and piss takes of other "horror" films but still :biggrin:
Reply 3457
The theatrical versions of LOTR's really don't do justice do Boromir and Faramir.
Original post by Aj12
The theatrical versions of LOTR's really don't do justice do Boromir and Faramir.

You're currently on The Two Towers where Faramir is thinking? :holmes:
Reply 3459
You're currently on The Two Towers where Faramir is thinking? :holmes:

Nope, just at the end of the Fellowship. He seems like such a selfish character even after his death. Faramir its hard to understand why he felt the need to die for his father. Its only in the extended edition where it is far better explained and you understand them both better.

DAMN YOU LURTZ. How dare you use arrows on him, no honour. :frown:

(if you haven't seen the films by now you deserve to have them spoiled)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending