The Student Room Group

Can a big woman make a thin man happy?

Hi, I read an article in the daily mail entitled 'CAN A BIG WOMAN MAKE A THIN MAN HAPPY'? It basically discusses the fact that men secretly or openly (whichever) love a big, cuddly, curvy woman to hold onto instead of a bag of bones..it also referred to the fact that big woman are just care free and dont bore men with their extreme diet regimes in order to stay thin and boney when no one really cares?? There is also the prime example of actor Pierce Brosnon who always declares his love for his chubby wife and states that even if he searched the world over, he would not find anyone like her..What do you guys think?? Can a big woman make a thin man happy?

Scroll to see replies

Size 8-12 > 0-4 :sogood:

But size 8-12 isn't a big woman, just a super hawt body woman :sexface:

But yes, anybody can make anybody happy. Surely personality is a key factor in making the other 'happy'? But generally, I prefer women with something on them, and certainly a bit of a tummy to 'a bag of bones'.
(edited 12 years ago)
Great place to ask this :rolleyes:

Why a thin man btw? What about a bigger man? :dumbells:
Love is blind. Doesn't matter if your thin, short, chubby, blue or green.

Edit; Brosnan's wife wasn't always that size.
(edited 12 years ago)
I feel more masculine, and the sex is MUCH better, when I am with a girl who is physically smaller than me. I have nothing against bigger girls, but for me I prefer smaller more petite girls.

Obviously, different people have different preferences.
Reply 5
I think that if you used the search function you'll find that this thread has been done hundreds of times before. Generally it seems that men don't like too skinny or too big. They like curves but not love handles, but it all comes down to personal preference.
Sigh, this again? Is there really a need to keep slating eachothers body shapes and sizes? Calling smaller women "a bag of bones" and bigger women "curvy" is ridiculous, you can have a curvy bodyshape and be skinny ffs. Just be happy with who you are, and if you're not happy, do something about it instead of putting others down in order to feel good.
Reply 8
Sorry but why is it acceptable to refer to slim women as "bags of bones" and bitchy diet obsessed nags? Telling yourselves that you're curvy and we aren't "real" won't make you lose that spare tire. :smile:
yes, i would happily marry Dawn French for example! Its all about personality, cliched as it is she's hilarious, bubbly and happy with herself and I find that attractive. You can be the skinniest person in the world and have a face like a slapped arse! And a personality that'd bore the pants off of eeyore :p:
Reply 10
Original post by kat2pult
I think that if you used the search function you'll find that this thread has been done hundreds of times before. Generally it seems that men don't like too skinny or too big. They like curves but not love handles, but it all comes down to personal preference.

Woah woah, love handles are nice, just not the flabby kind that pour over the side of peoples jeans.
Original post by Band of Brothers
I feel more masculine, and the sex is MUCH better, when I am with a girl who is physically smaller than me. I have nothing against bigger girls, but for me I prefer smaller more petite girls.

Obviously, different people have different preferences.

I felt like this with my ex, she was size 6 and very petite, but after a while, the masculine dominating powerful whatever supremacy feeling goes away lol.

With my current gf who's more like a size 10, there's like bigger chest and thighs (without them being fat) to grab onto whilst you have sex and her arse is rounder when we do doggy and it's just so :coma:

Probably too much info :ninja:, but yeah, despite my gf not being a 'big' girl, she's bigger than my ex and makes me more than happy!
i dont like it if the woman is heavier than me (70kg). hurts my pelvis if they go on top. happened one time. true story.
I hope so. :erm:
Reply 14
Size shouldn't matter so much. There's far too much emphasis placed on the siye of people (not just women). I'm a regular weight now, but I wouldnt punish myself if one day i became a little overweight from a little over-indulgence. I currently dont have any medical problems to do with my weight so there would be no excuse for me to become obese though...that would just be pure laziness for me.

And about Pierce Brosnan's wife....if she didnt have such massive knockers, would he still be interested if she was still 'chubby?'
Reply 15
only the ones that are easily pleased
@ OP

if you mean by this...

YES!
Original post by chocolatte_mocha
Hi, I read an article in the daily mail entitled 'CAN A BIG WOMAN MAKE A THIN MAN HAPPY'? It basically discusses the fact that men secretly or openly (whichever) love a big, cuddly, curvy woman to hold onto instead of a bag of bones..it also referred to the fact that big woman are just care free and dont bore men with their extreme diet regimes in order to stay thin and boney when no one really cares?? There is also the prime example of actor Pierce Brosnon who always declares his love for his chubby wife and states that even if he searched the world over, he would not find anyone like her..What do you guys think?? Can a big woman make a thin man happy?

I don't think size should matter too much!
I don't agree with people being unhealthily over/under weight. Not just because it looks awful, but because it is unhealthy.
I'm a size 8-10, but I wouldn't say I'm a stick thin, and I'm not over weight either.
As pathetic and sloppy as it sounds, personality is what matters.
I have a friend and she is roughly a size 18, and she's with a smaller man, too be fair they're not happy though, she treats him like crap, but that's a different story!
No, absolutely not; that would contradict the laws of physics!

But seriously: of course some men will be made happy by bigger women! :facepalm:
Reply 19
There is so much mudslinging between 'curvy' girls and 'slender' girls!

There are so many articles critisizing a woman for putting on weight, hating on fat girls etc

But then this article from a larger woman just hates all over skinny girls!

Seriously, every time a thread pops up on TSR like "curvy girls celebrate their bodies", said 'curvy girls' start saying stuff like "skinny girls are ugly imo lol"

They think they have some moral high-ground just because they're larger, and the media and most men like skinnier girls and make them feel bad. Doesn't give them the right to be hypocritical! :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending