The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6000
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
Is it important to mention what you've learned from your subjects? My teacher told me to but it's such a waste of valuable PS space! As far as I can see French and Philosophy/Ethics are really quite self-explanatory. And Bio + Chem are just, well, standard. :dontknow:

I was wondering that too, it seems like a waste but a few people have said it's a good idea, so I don't know..?
Reply 6001
Original post by GH
No, they will not ask you questions on your Section 3 answers.
Unless it is to ask why you scored so badly in it

Thanks a lot, very helpful, also do you mind me querying my PS intro with you in a PM? Don't know if I went about it in the right way...
Reply 6002
Original post by Straight up G
You said you were in ~5 weeks?

Yeah around 5 weeks time, how much time you think one needs for solid prep?
Original post by Nator
Thanks a lot, very helpful, also do you mind me querying my PS intro with you in a PM? Don't know if I went about it in the right way...

For security reasons, you're encouraged not to discuss your PS with anyone via PM. If you want your PS to be reviewed, you're more than welcome to post it in the PS Help forum.
Reply 6004
Original post by Becca-Sarah
For security reasons, you're encouraged not to discuss your PS with anyone via PM. If you want your PS to be reviewed, you're more than welcome to post it in the PS Help forum.

Oh no problem, thanks for that :smile:
Reply 6005

Do you think it'll be a good move if I completely restructure my PS?
Original post by cz100
Do you think it'll be a good move if I completely restructure my PS?

No? Structure is rarely a massive issue; content is. There's not really many ways to structure it anyway given the number of things you need to mention.
Reply 6007
No? Structure is rarely a massive issue; content is. There's not really many ways to structure it anyway given the number of things you need to mention.

Oh ok. I thought I could change it so that I'd use something from work exp to start and then lead on from there, which will do away with most of the first paragraph I had
Original post by cz100
Oh ok. I thought I could change it so that I'd use something from work exp to start and then lead on from there, which will do away with most of the first paragraph I had

Starting with an anecdote can work, as long as you can make it flow nicely without it sounding too cliched.
- Need to cut down my PS a bit more and then post it on the PS help forum.
- Work on UKCAT
- Perhaps look at BMAT a tiny bit more.

:sigh:
Reply 6010
Original post by cz100

Did you manage to fit all of your work exp. in a paragraph? I have already done 2 weeks hospital and 2 weeks GP, would it be worth doing 2 more weeks hospital?
Original post by Nator

Original post by Nator
Did you manage to fit all of your work exp. in a paragraph? I have already done 2 weeks hospital and 2 weeks GP, would it be worth doing 2 more weeks hospital?

If you've got the chance, you might as well do it, I'm sure it would help and give you something extra to talk about in interviews. You wouldn't have enough space to mention it all in your PS though. I've only done one week so far, and I don't know think I'll be able to mention the one I'm doing in the holidays :erm:
Original post by oHellno
- Need to cut down my PS a bit more and then post it on the PS help forum.
- Work on UKCAT
- Perhaps look at BMAT a tiny bit more.

:sigh:

It's getting tiring isn't it? I just feel like going out and enjoying this summer rather than revising but hang in there!!! :wink:
Original post by EternalDoom
It's getting tiring isn't it? I just feel like going out and enjoying this summer rather than revising but hang in there!!! :wink:

Very. I've already gotten very pissed off over doing personal statement :sad: I seriously need to start hardcore work with the UKCAT/BMAT though, I feel like such a flop.

But, positive attitude and all that: we can do it!
Original post by ChessMister
What? Are you joking?

Depends... have you been to 'nam? If you have, then I apologise for thinking you were joking and I retract my rhyming comment :tongue:

In fact... it's probably better if we all forget about anything rhyming... yeah let's do that. :colone:
Reply 6015
Man so annoying when I can't do certain BMAT questions and brother just does it in a few secs :mad:
Original post by Nator

Original post by Nator
Man so annoying when I can't do certain BMAT questions and brother just does it in a few secs :mad:

I've hardly even looked at them :emo:
Reply 6017
Original post by Nator

I've had to pick and choose what to write. Tbh I don't think you need much more, work exp is to see what the job is like and not how to do the job, so I doubt 2 more weeks will teach you much more unless you feel it's necessary.
Reply 6018
Original post by cz100
I've had to pick and choose what to write. Tbh I don't think you need much more, work exp is to see what the job is like and not how to do the job, so I doubt 2 more weeks will teach you much more unless you feel it's necessary.

And yeah I hear ya, and no nothing mandatory I mean already observed a hell of a lot of machinery and expertise, thanks for the heads up, back to PS and BMAT :dry:
Reply 6019
Original post by oHellno
I've hardly even looked at them :emo:

No one has don't worry

Latest

Trending

Trending