The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2260
I wanted to see Prof Trelawney throwing the crystal ball too... :puppyeyes:
Original post by cz100
I wanted to see Prof Trelawney throwing the crystal ball too... :puppyeyes:

"with an action like a tennis serve"

That would have made such a good scene - instead I was left crying at the scene where she covers up Lavender's body with a sheet in the hall, not funny at all :frown: (as if I wasn't already sad enough!)
I just saw the movie.

1. Why the hell did they kill lavender????? Does she die in the books????

2. Why the hell did they change the last scene where voldemort dies?????? The book was sooooo much better and way more epic!!!!!!! In the movie Harry attacks him without having made sure the snake is gone. It was pure luck it worked. Whereas in the book Harry has taken everything into account. He acts way more logically and maturely. Ah well...

Other than that....a bit disappointed at ron and heroines kiss. I liked it better when she just jumps on him cause he says they should save the elves.
I would have liked the scene with lupin asking Harry to become teddys godfather :frown:
However I loved the resurrection stone part. And in general it was a good movie. When snape was holding lily's body...omg!!!! when Harry steps up at the great hall in front of snape. Epic!
Reply 2263
Original post by Niki_girl
"with an action like a tennis serve"

That would have made such a good scene - instead I was left crying at the scene where she covers up Lavender's body with a sheet in the hall, not funny at all :frown: (as if I wasn't already sad enough!)

And Percy didn't appear at all. I wanted to see the awkward bit when he first appears in front of the Weasleys. :sad:
I'd have like to see Peeves as well but since they didn't put him in any previous movies I didn't think they'd have him in this one.
It sounds like you were all expecting to see bits that really wouldn't make sense in the film because the precursors to these events were never in the earlier films.

You were setting yourselves up to be disappointed.
Reply 2265
Original post by cz100
And Percy didn't appear at all. I wanted to see the awkward bit when he first appears in front of the Weasleys. :sad:
I'd have like to see Peeves as well but since they didn't put him in any previous movies I didn't think they'd have him in this one.

Percy was in it but only in the background once.
Reply 2266
Original post by ACooper
Percy was in it but only in the background once.

Oh right must have missed him then :colondollar: I was looking forward to the family reunion before the big fight scene
Original post by SK-mar
does anyone else have post potter depression?! .....
The books were truly amazing, ones that i think will be remembered and read for hundreds of years to come. The movies were fantastic and took us all through a journey. I was 11 when it started so the same age as harry and im now 19. I've grown up at more or less the same rate as them in the movies and it seems so weird that its over now.
Harry Potter, although not liked by all was always a topic for interesting conversation, and being able to look forward to something new was exciting.

i just watched it and this is exactly how i feel :frown: i was about 11 when i started reading the books and now i'm 18 so harry potter has been part of my childhood. i can't believe its over :frown:
Original post by cambo211
It sounds like you were all expecting to see bits that really wouldn't make sense in the film because the precursors to these events were never in the earlier films.

You were setting yourselves up to be disappointed.

I knew I would be disappointed. Just as with every other film. However when I listen to the books read by Stephen Fry, I picture it in my head (although with odd things like my primary school hall and library rather than the on-set ones) and finally I have the perfect film, they one I want with nothing left out, no pressure to always be action, and actual chemistry between Harry and Ginny (seriously he kissed the snitch with more love than he did her...)
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I knew I would be disappointed. Just as with every other film. However when I listen to the books read by Stephen Fry, I picture it in my head (although with odd things like my primary school hall and library rather than the on-set ones) and finally I have the perfect film, they one I want with nothing left out, no pressure to always be action, and actual chemistry between Harry and Ginny (seriously he kissed the snitch with more love than he did her...)

Ha definitely! The Harry/Ginny kiss was 'blink and you'll miss it'.
Original post by -honeybee-
Ha definitely! The Harry/Ginny kiss was 'blink and you'll miss it'.

I actually did miss it! :tongue: No-one in the cinema cared! :tongue: We all whooped when Ron and Hermione kissed! Harry/Ginny have NO chemistry whatsoever.
Reply 2271
My favourite scene was when the concrete knights landed on the floor and were protecting Hogwarts

Thought you Potterheads would appreciate this! :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
I laughed ...Some great editing, haha. (spoilers if you haven't watched the film)
Reply 2274
Original post by supercalafraja
i just watched it and this is exactly how i feel :frown: i was about 11 when i started reading the books and now i'm 18 so harry potter has been part of my childhood. i can't believe its over :frown:

well yeah I guess we were the 'harry potter generation' ... I think i started reading them when i was about 10. I remember my cousin reading them when i was like 8 so you could say it started then. since then I've looked forward to all the movies and battled against many people along the way who claimed to not like HP haha. Although most do, so its ok! .... This may sound weird but its kinda like we've developed a relationship with the whole thing (and the characters) for around a whole decade, but now that its over, its only now I realise how good it really was! And thats the sad thing, because its finished now. Although i do think there will be more (encyclopedia, the prequel and maybe even more books, rowling hasnt actually said no so who knows) ......hmmm... sad times. :redface:
Original post by SK-mar
well yeah I guess we were the 'harry potter generation' ... I think i started reading them when i was about 10. I remember my cousin reading them when i was like 8 so you could say it started then. since then I've looked forward to all the movies and battled against many people along the way who claimed to not like HP haha. Although most do, so its ok! .... This may sound weird but its kinda like we've developed a relationship with the whole thing (and the characters) for around a whole decade, but now that its over, its only now I realise how good it really was! And thats the sad thing, because its finished now. Although i do think there will be more (encyclopedia, the prequel and maybe even more books, rowling hasnt actually said no so who knows) ......hmmm... sad times. :redface:

You're not alone with this! I mean, we grew up as the characters grew up and as the characters grew up, the plots matured too.

I mean, just the other day I compared my copy of PS with my copy of DH. The artwork, the synopsis on the back, the length of the book...
The series started as kid's light reading and developed into a complex and sophisticated story that escaped the confines of a formulaic "wizard school" story and became something much more.

If our generation has to be defined by something, I won't object to it being Potter!!
Reply 2276
in the 19 years l8r bit harrys hair was soooooo funny!! it was all bouncy!! he lokked like michael macintyre!!!! :biggrin: was laughin sooo much!!
Loved it all bar the 19 years later bit :love:
Original post by LovelyCrystal
But how could he think that? He knew Grindelwald became the owner of the wand even though he didn't kill Gregorovitch. Did Voldemort just forget about that? :s-smilie:

You're forgetting wand magic, and the fact Dumbie defeats him suggests that the wand never 'belonged' to Grindelwald.

I'm in mourning over Harry and his world :frown: I miss it so much, it's probably sad...
Original post by The Anti-Hero
You're not alone with this! I mean, we grew up as the characters grew up and as the characters grew up, the plots matured too.

I mean, just the other day I compared my copy of PS with my copy of DH. The artwork, the synopsis on the back, the length of the book...
The series started as kid's light reading and developed into a complex and sophisticated story that escaped the confines of a formulaic "wizard school" story and became something much more.

If our generation has to be defined by something, I won't object to it being Potter!!

Exactly :smile:.. People in their late teens- 20's . I was 10 when it all started and I'm 20 now. Four years since DH was released on this day!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply