The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manic_fuzz
:woo: We can be sitting there, 80 years old, studying in the Bod! :biggrin:

YAY~

See this is why ChCh's library and I can never be together...

St John's library isn't 24 hours either but I think it goes to midnight or something.

I'll just hide under a table and sleep there at night or something

who needs accommodation
Original post by punctuation
YAY~

See this is why ChCh's library and I can never be together...

St John's library isn't 24 hours either but I think it goes to midnight or something.

I'll just hide under a table and sleep there at night or something

who needs accommodation

:rolleyes: A 24-hour library = starting essays at 3am for that morning :colone:

Ahahah, you really are rather in love! Although I agree, i love the fact that you can get any book at all, it's just amaaaazing! I'll be asking to look at lots of random old French literary texts :wink:
:rolleyes: A 24-hour library = starting essays at 3am for that morning :colone:

Ahahah, you really are rather in love! Although I agree, i love the fact that you can get any book at all, it's just amaaaazing! I'll be asking to look at lots of random old French literary texts :wink:

Haha you do seem to like staying up, given that it's 1 AM for you right now!

Yeah, my physics teacher told me he would always study in the arts/something-or-other library instead of the science library, as he would get distracted and start reading random texts off the shelf instead of revising. :lol: Sounds like something I would do...
Haha you do seem to like staying up, given that it's 1 AM for you right now!

Yeah, my physics teacher told me he would always study in the arts/something-or-other library instead of the science library, as he would get distracted and start reading random texts off the shelf instead of revising. :lol: Sounds like something I would do...

:smile: I do! I usually go to bed at 1am on a school-night, and somewhere between 3-6am on a non-school night,
and oh yeah same, but whether it be science or arts i'll still be distracted, i love it all! :biggrin:
:smile: I do! I usually go to bed at 1am on a school-night, and somewhere between 3-6am on a non-school night,
and oh yeah same, but whether it be science or arts i'll still be distracted, i love it all! :biggrin:

Ah wow. O_o When do you wake up on non-school nights then? xD

Hehe yeah... maybe being in a library with wonderfully old books all the time isn't such a good idea... then again, better to be distracted while learning/reading something awesome than by... the... in...ternet... *COUGH* :facepalm:

I should be revising for chem right now ):
Ah wow. O_o When do you wake up on non-school nights then? xD

Hehe yeah... maybe being in a library with wonderfully old books all the time isn't such a good idea... then again, better to be distracted while learning/reading something awesome than by... the... in...ternet... *COUGH* :facepalm:

I should be revising for chem right now ):

Usually sometimes between 10am-1pm, or earlier if i'm going out all day :colondollar:

Well either way, i think we've established that we're going to get distracted by sooomething :tongue:

And tut tut, get going! I've finished Year 12, Summer Hols now :wink: Mwahahha
Apply to Exeter for the 24h library!
Ahhh...first day of the school holidays today, and I'm off to Normandy on Friday :biggrin:
Gonna pick up as many french magazines/newspapers as I can
Hope we can go see the Bayeaux Tapestry, I want to see the little mystery panels :biggrin:
Sadly looking at the Normandy forecast for the next week it looks like a lot of rain and 11 degrees at night...ah well, I guess that's not too bad, and I wasn't exactly expecting amazing weather...it just means I'll look a bit weird in my summer dress and a rain mac!
To any other TSR-ers going on holiday/already on holiday I hope you have a fab time!

also, somehow gonna have to fit in all my summer reading for French, Spanish and English whilst also revising my grammar religiously...sigh. I guess you guys are all doing Oxford prep this summer too, good luck with it! And may we all be successful this coming Autumn term <3
Original post by LtCommanderData
Apply to Exeter for the 24h library!

:redface: i really really didn't like the food at Exeter, though it could've just been me...

Original post by banterbury_tales
Ahhh...first day of the school holidays today, and I'm off to Normandy on Friday :biggrin:
Gonna pick up as many french magazines/newspapers as I can
Hope we can go see the Bayeaux Tapestry, I want to see the little mystery panels :biggrin:
Sadly looking at the Normandy forecast for the next week it looks like a lot of rain and 11 degrees at night...ah well, I guess that's not too bad, and I wasn't exactly expecting amazing weather...it just means I'll look a bit weird in my summer dress and a rain mac!
To any other TSR-ers going on holiday/already on holiday I hope you have a fab time!

also, somehow gonna have to fit in all my summer reading for French, Spanish and English whilst also revising my grammar religiously...sigh. I guess you guys are all doing Oxford prep this summer too, good luck with it! And may we all be successful this coming Autumn term &lt;3

:biggrin: Oooh have an amazing time! And yes, French magazines/papers! Are they as pricey abroad as here (after conversion) because whenever i buy LeMonde or LeFigaro it's always £1.70 :| But yay French, and chut, grammar's fun :wink:

Amuse-toi, meme s'il pleut :lol: et bonne chance pour toi-meme aussi!
Sitting in excruitating boredom during chem... Please someone entertain me. :tongue:
Reply 3630
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
Really? I live in Manchester but I couldn't be assed with the open day XD But really? yeah Oxford is jut wow :O

I have EPQ and all these books and poetry and plays to study :biggrin: It'll be good though. OH, and the ELAT. Not to mention, writing the personal statement. But good luck with all your stuff :O

It was making maths at manchester sorta taster days

Haha yeah you too! : ]
Sitting in excruitating boredom during chem... Please someone entertain me. :tongue:

Science jokes are cool. :colone:
Reply 3632

you should have chosen physics :biggrin: whenever you get bored there you can just ask an off topic question about time travel or what not and have a half hour discussion instead.

As for the entertaining...putting this one off the internet because a.) I agree with Manic fuzz science jokes are a laugh (?!?) and b.) I didn't get it :tongue:

Q: What is the chemical symbol for diarrhea?
A: (CO(NH2)2)2
Original post by Eldedu
you should have chosen physics :biggrin: whenever you get bored there you can just ask an off topic question about time travel or what not and have a half hour discussion instead.

As for the entertaining...putting this one off the internet because a.) I agree with Manic fuzz science jokes are a laugh (?!?) and b.) I didn't get it :tongue:

Exactly... In chem we hardly have any interesting discussion... I tried initiating something about quarks the first day but it didn't go anywhere. :frown: I love discussion.

I don't get the joke... D:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3634
Exactly... In chem we hardly have any interesting discussion... I tried initiating something about quarks the first day but it didn't go anywhere. :frown: I love discussion.

I don't get the joke... D:

Same here. Which is why I was so pleased when I discovered there was more to science than biology.

Here's the explanation from the website: Urea is the molecule CO(NH2)2. The prefix "di" stands for two. Hilarious isn't it? :tongue:
Original post by Eldedu
Same here. Which is why I was so pleased when I discovered there was more to science than biology.

Here's the explanation from the website: Urea is the molecule CO(NH2)2. The prefix "di" stands for two. Hilarious isn't it? :tongue:

Oh wow. Haha that's a pretty obscure one. :tongue:
Reply 3636
Original post by anyone_can_fly
Hey,
For maths, shortlisting for interview is done entirely on MAT scores. They just take the best 60% of scores, and don't look at the rest of your application until after/around the interviews. Don't know how it would affect you getting a place, though. If you do really really well in everything else it may not matter. Why don't you contact the maths admissions people (address is on the website) and ask whether you still have a chance? :smile:

Do you have a source for this?
Original post by Eldedu

:laugh: Oh gawd, these jokes are already going above my scientific knowledge! :tongue:
Reply 3638
:laugh: Oh gawd, these jokes are already going above my scientific knowledge! :tongue:

That makes two of us.
Original post by Eldedu
x

Ooh guess what Eduardo, I've met someone (the half-German, half-Italian Giuseppe) who's applying for exactly the same as you: same course, same college, and all the same other choices like Warwick and LSE! I actually thought you may have been the same person for a split second before I realised how stupid I was being :rolleyes: bet you'll see him at interview, how odd. :tongue:

For anyone interested in the Eurozone, I found this really cool :biggrin:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13991135

I might pop on a bit later and update those who care about the EU thing...and my trip to Oxford! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending