The Student Room Group

Fake Dr Matens?

I bought a pair of 'authentic' Dr Martens on ebay the other day for about £10. Automatically assumed they were fake cause of the price, but I don't mind paying for a fake if it's that cheap.

Received them today and checked for any signs that they were fake but couldn't find any.

- Brand name spelt correctly
- Yellow stitching
- Air cushioned soles
- Tag with air wear

They were made in Thailand, which apparently is normal for authentic Dr Martens as long as they have the name embedded on the side of the boot, which they do.

Are there any other signs I should look for to tell if they're fake? Or is there a chance they're actually authentic? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Omg....where'd u get itt!!!!
Reply 2
Original post by Deyn_08
Omg....where'd u get itt!!!!

Just an ebay seller, they didn't have a lot in their shop or anything so I think I was just lucky
Woahhh! I love dr martens, but they looked pretty stubby and weird on me because i dont have long legs, they look better on tall slim girls, well girls with atleast slim legs! ..curse my thighs >.<
Reply 4
Original post by helpnowplease
Woahhh! I love dr martens, but they looked pretty stubby and weird on me because i dont have long legs, they look better on tall slim girls, well girls with atleast slim legs! ..curse my thighs >.<

Ahh no :frown: I'm pretty small and dumpy haha, so I guess they look sorta odd on me, all my friends call them my dyke boots :P
Reply 5
Try here. If they are genuine then I am very jealous!

I'm short and stumpy too, but I still wear Doc Martens.
Reply 6
Original post by JKGB
Try here. If they are genuine then I am very jealous!

I'm short and stumpy too, but I still wear Doc Martens.

Thanks :smile: checked that list just now, if I go by that then they're genuine :biggrin:
I got hold of a pair of the longer ones for £20 and they're genuine, so I don't see why yours won't be. Well done on your find!
Reply 8
Sounds like you got a pair that fell out of the factory. Pretty standard practise in the far east for the factory workers to nick a few of the things they make and sell them on at rock bottom prices. They're not so alienated from the fruits of their labour.
Reply 9
Hi I'm in need of help, I got my daughter some Dr martens from eBay not sure if they are genuine!
Payed £45 they don't have yellow stitching or air wear tag at the back of the boot but says original on soles, in print on the side saying air wair on material.
On the tongue says dr martens Denise made in Thailand not sure if this is normal for dms iv never had a pair myself!
My daugher upload pictures on her instagram and straight away a couple of comments were made saying they are fake!! I removed picture to she didn't get user by it
I've been busy researching
but I'm finding it quite hrd a lot of DMS seem to have the Black air waitag and very often yellow stitching.
please help :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by sarapon

Original post by TheHyacinthGirl

i was looked for some dr martens on ebay because i want some but they are all going for too much for me. how did you get them for such a good price. when looking on ebay did you just search dr martens and then bid on some ending soon ?
Step 1: Shoe Box
New Dr. Martens shoes are packaged in a sturdy shoe box with the Dr Martens logo on the lid and side. Check the size, font and placement of the logos carefully. Remember that real shoe boxes can accompany fake shoes.

Step 2: Shoe Box Label
Dr. Martens shoe boxes feature a white label on one end detailing size, style and colour. Check that the shoe details match those of your actual shoe, and that the style or serial numbers match any detailed on the inside of the shoe.

Step 3: Inside Label
Dr Martens shoes detail the size and product code on the inside upper of the shoes. Check that these details match those found on the shoe box label.

Step 4: Inspection Sticker
New Dr. Martens usually feature an inspection sticker.

Step 5: Insole Markings
Dr. Martens insoles feature the brand name and logo. Older styles often feature 'Original' and 'Made in England', whilst newer styles feature 'Air Cushioned Sole' or 'Bouncing Soles'.

Step 6: Outsole Markings
The outsole of new Dr. Martens shoes feature unique brand markings and copy. Check carefully that the copy matches that shown, and that the edges of the embossing are finished cleanly.

Step 7: Stitching
Stitching on all Dr. Martens shoes is of the very highest quality. Check carefully that it is evenly spaced, straight, tight, and is neatly finished. And where featured, that the sole stitching matches the famous yellow used by Dr. Martens.

Step 8: Spare Laces
New Dr. Martens shoes are accompanied by spare laces package in a branded clear plastic bag with a sealed top.

:smile:
Air wear? It should be spelt air wair
I’d say they’re probably not as good quality as the reals, and for £10 they’re definitely fake. Do you have the link as I’m interested in buying them aha
I bought a class A fake Doc Martens-if you can call it that..
Just bought yesterday and the size is off by one inch.
Will it last if i decide to keep it.
Sole was spelt ole....
60 yr old who likes Doc Martens

Thanks guys

Latest

Trending

Trending