The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

200 quid.. ouch...

dunno how i'm gonna pay for this, a yearly buss pass and still have money for freshers week...
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
yeah, wut Im gonna need 700 quid before I even get my loan
does anyone know when we might get to know if we met our conditions or not?
Original post by elisabeth
does anyone know when we might get to know if we met our conditions or not?

its whenever your results come out.
So which Supermarkets are best, cheapest and have the biggest pick of things?

(Yes, I am not from around nor the country. I know nothing ^^)
Original post by sanniehald
So which Supermarkets are best, cheapest and have the biggest pick of things?

(Yes, I am not from around nor the country. I know nothing ^^)

tesco have the biggest pick but asda morrisons and sainsburys are cheaper generally but the difference isnt huge asda has their price check going on so i guess they will be the cheapest or atleast they claim to be, although id say i agree based on my reciepts
Reply 2906
Original post by francistheswole
200 quid.. ouch...

dunno how i'm gonna pay for this, a yearly buss pass and still have money for freshers week...

You don't pay it all in one go mate! If you want, I'll the lad who's the one in charge of the american football team if they have any confirmation yet? Just let me know and I'll get on his back!

I already have pads! Wanna get my own helmet but for me, helmets can be a bit picky lol, so gonna wait until we get there :smile:

Original post by Wasted Wrath

Tell me about it! I need like 500/600 it's crazy! :frown: Ahh well, it's uni for you lol!
Original post by jelly1000
its whenever your results come out.

i sent my results in in june and i have still not had an answer
i sent my results in in june and i have still not had an answer

as long as your results matched the conditions of your offer then you've definitley got in. it might be worth sending an email or phoning (phoning if you want an immediate answer) to see when they might update track but they might be waiting til the a-level results day.
as long as your results matched the conditions of your offer then you've definitley got in. it might be worth sending an email or phoning (phoning if you want an immediate answer) to see when they might update track but they might be waiting til the a-level results day.

Original post by Wasted Wrath

Guys, what's the best clubs in the Nottingham Trent area (City Campus) and how much will the drinks be? I'm trying to get a rough estimate as to how much money I'll be needing for freshers week. How much money are you bringing for food, drinks and activities during freshers and what's the exact date it starts?

Nice one:smile:
Original post by pinda.college
Guys, what's the best clubs in the Nottingham Trent area (City Campus) and how much will the drinks be? I'm trying to get a rough estimate as to how much money I'll be needing for freshers week. How much money are you bringing for food, drinks and activities during freshers and what's the exact date it starts?

Nice one:smile:

Depends what kinda places you wanna go. There's Rock City and couple of quid to get in their club nights. I actually don't know any other clubs in Nottingham yet :P

Drink prices vary by an awful lot. If you go Revolution it's about £6.50 for one cocktail yet if you go Pit and Pendulum you can get 2 of their 7 Deadly Sins cocktails for £6.50. Right by the city campus there's the orange tree and they do things like memberships so you get a cocktail for £1 cheaper so it's £4 instead. And their cocktails are made properly in a more show-y way :P There's at least 3 or 4 Wetherspoons.

Think you can move into most halls 23rd September but it actually officially starts on 26th September I think :smile:

the thing is tho that im swedish and my conditions were a bit strange obv cus they dont know the system properly but i did exceed my contidions
the thing is tho that im swedish and my conditions were a bit strange obv cus they dont know the system properly but i did exceed my contidions

in that case your definitley in
Reply 2913
anybody had any further emails/letters from NTU since the ones regarding accommodation? :smile:
ive not heard anything since i set up the payment plan
yeah they took my 200 quid sent me a postcard wishing me luck with my results and thats it lol
in that case your definitley in

yeah i just thought it be nice with some confirmation ^^ they are probably waiting for the results from english students to come in tho so they can process them all at the same time
hey guys, basically i've got a unconditional offer now(did Btec) and i've got an email from NTU saying i need to agree to the terms(which i've done) and set up the direct debit. my question is, can i use my normal bank details now, and change it once i've set up my student account? because if i don't complete this within 8 days they'll drop my booking for sandby ;(
Original post by francistheswole
hey guys, basically i've got a unconditional offer now(did Btec) and i've got an email from NTU saying i need to agree to the terms(which i've done) and set up the direct debit. my question is, can i use my normal bank details now, and change it once i've set up my student account? because if i don't complete this within 8 days they'll drop my booking for sandby ;(

Yes. It shouldn't make a blind bit of difference. :smile:
Original post by Scorpio2211
Yes. It shouldn't make a blind bit of difference. :smile:

cheers for the help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending