The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Patriot
Had a fantasy football draft on NFL.com last night, just as another one to sink my teeth in to. It went on auto-pick I think. This is my team...

QB - Michael Vick (Eagles)
RB 1 - Frank Gore (49ers)
RB 2 - Knowshon Moreno (Broncos)
WR 1 - Santonio Holmes (Jets)
WR 2 - Vincent Jackson (Chargers)
WR 3 - Sidney Rice (Vikings)
TE - Owen Daniels (Texans)
K - Stephen Gotskowski (Patriots)
DEF - Pittsburgh Steelers

BN - QB Jay Cutler (Bears)
BN - RB Tim Hightower (Cardinals)
BN - RB Ryan Matthews (Chargers)
BN - WR AJ Green (Bengals)
BN - WR Austin Collie (Colts)
BN - TE Brandon Pettigrew (Lions)

Pretty dang pleased :biggrin:

Cutler seems like a pretty good bet for QB2. I'm hoping to pick him up being a Bears fan and all.
Original post by paddy__power
Cutler seems like a pretty good bet for QB2. I'm hoping to pick him up being a Bears fan and all.

He'll send two games a season sitting under a pile of bodies though....
I'll just fill my roster with Bucs players. :ahee:
Original post by WharfedaleTiger
He'll send two games a season sitting under a pile of bodies though....

I would prefer a QB who will be 100% points, or similar, but if it's late in the game I would take Cutler over quite a few other QBs and I don't think anyone else is likely to take him as a QB1 so if I can pick up some top players for some other positions I'm comfortable with Cutler who I think could get some decent points.

I'm very new to this though and could be talking crap :awesome:
Reply 1804
Im a Bears fan and big on Cutler but in fantasy you have to watch he doesn't throw too many picks (which are worth minus points) to ruin his value, he is always a top 10 or near enough quarterback though so worth a start if you select him in the later rounds
Just done a pair of mocks:

QB: Rodgers
RB: Stephen Jackson
RB: Ryan Mathews
WR: Deshaun Jackson
WR: Steve Johnson
WR: Pierre Garcon
TE: Vernon Davis
W/R: Felix Jones
K: Jason hanson
DEF: Atlanta Falcons

BEN: Matthew Stafford
BEN: Fred Jackson
BEN: Matt Cassell
BEN: Ben Wotson
BEN: Mike Williams
BEN:
Reply 1806
Gonna do a mock now on .com to see what happens and kill some time will post my team after, also apparently CBA might go through tonih 8.30-10.30ish our time
Reply 1807
Players holding a press conf at 1am our time. Looks like the end to all this malarkey is near
owners have voted and passed a new labor deal..players voting at 1am..

49 minutes until the end of the lockout
:cheers:
Can't ****ing wait....I NEED FOOTBALL.
Reply 1810
Go Falcons!! and Panthers . . . grudgingly.
Original post by Scott129
Can't ****ing wait....I NEED FOOTBALL.

All I can say to that is.

AMEN!

OH GOD I'M SO EXCITED
Owners vote in favour. Now for the players...
Original post by georgegabriel
All I can say to that is.

AMEN!

OH GOD I'M SO EXCITED

That video is sick! Makes me want to play so bad haha
Reply 1814
Cant believe this might be another false alarm, enough is enough
Reply 1815
Original post by The Patriot
NFL.com leagues have a decent amount of customization options, so essentially they are up to us.

I would imagine the default scoring system would be perfectly adequate.

I'm in favour of a live draft, and those who can't make it can just have an auto-picker do it for them by ranking players.

Playoffs would be top 6 teams (presuming we get about 8-10 teams playing.

And I would go for what I usually do which is simpler and IMO better, in that we have 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 SPECIAL TEAMS , 1 DEF and 6 BENCH.

These are just my suggestions though. Although I would be the commissioner, I'm willing to use whatever rules, scoring systems etc that we all agree on as a whole...

Im in
Reply 1816
DeMaurice Smith has apparently distributed a letter to the players stating that the terms the owners have voted on today are not those the players agreed to...

Looks like it might be another false alarm. :frown:

Source
Original post by Rekyht
DeMaurice Smith has apparently distributed a letter to the players stating that the terms the owners have voted on today are not those the players agreed to...

Looks like it might be another false alarm. :frown:

Source

I can't see the owners trying to pull a fast one of this scale-it'd be bloody mental...
Various NFL journos saying that this has been done to save face of owners and villainize the players..some players saying this has no chance

I wish they'd all stop being selfish, greedy bastards, put their lives and careers in perspective and then sort out a deal.
Original post by georgegabriel
Various NFL journos saying that this has been done to save face of owners and villainize the players..some players saying this has no chance

I wish they'd all stop being selfish, greedy bastards, put their lives and careers in perspective and then sort out a deal.

This.

Latest